turbo build

Status
Not open for further replies.
ny3utysy.jpg
se7aqury.jpg
my micra is here is this same as Polly's Micra 1.3 lx ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean preface ? And they l reg

L reg yes, preface yes, lx no (pollys is slx), 3 door no (polly's is 5 door).
Yours (and mine) won't have the speedo or the colour coded bumpers (and I think wing mirrors)

L reg yes, preface yes, lx no (pollys is slx), 3 door no (polly's is 5 door).
Yours (and mine) won't have the speedo or the colour coded bumpers (and I think wing mirrors)
yes that's right and it's all basic, I have a problem I bought the car as a none starter and it just ticks and wana start but don't ? I came home I tryed batt volt reads 12.38v
I used my auto alternator still nothing ?
I tryed my old cg13 injectors still nothing ? It's got petrol in? what can it be ?

yes that's right and it's all basic, I have a problem I bought the car as a none starter and it just ticks and wana start but don't ? I came home I tryed batt volt reads 12.38v
I used my auto alternator still nothing ?
I tryed my old cg13 injectors still nothing ? It's got petrol in? what can it be ?

Need to see what the voltage is while cranking. Needs to stay above 10v. Ticking sounds to me like dead battery or dead starter (not engaging)

Need to see what the voltage is while cranking. Needs to stay above 10v. Ticking sounds to me like dead battery or dead starter (not engaging)
Reads 10.28 while it's ticking and it sounds like it wants to start

If the crank pulley doesn't go round it means that the starter isn't engaging and you need a new staryer motor. If it does then it means something else and you'll need to do more diagnostic tests.

If the crank pulley doesn't go round it means that the starter isn't engaging and you need a new staryer motor. If it does then it means something else and you'll need to do more diagnostic tests.
Try it Tommow now but I will check them u said? Replays all good fuses are good, I have a starter I'll try that Tommow

one more thing my Micra has 1 connector with 2 wires on and 1 bolt for it 10mm on the alternator when I swapped it over to my auto altarnator it had 2 wire bolt on so I cut the Micra wires and made it 2

one more thing my Micra has 1 connector with 2 wires on and 1 bolt for it 10mm on the alternator when I swapped it over to my auto altarnator it had 2 wire bolt on so I cut the Micra wires and made it 2

Why use the auto alternator?

Gotta say. I'm surprised you bought a non runner as an engine donor?
Good question I bought it cheap as the engine isn't a problem I have one fully built to drop in gona use donor car for gearbox and other things, and need car to start so can tax and 1 years mot on it, then drop my engine in

I have done that by 27mm bolt on the crank turned ok with breaker bar ?

Fair enough. Put a piece of tape on or mark the crank pulley with a pen, make a note of where it is and crank the engine then see if the mark has moved

Fair enough. Put a piece of tape on or mark the crank pulley with a pen, make a note of where it is and crank the engine then see if the mark has moved
Ahh that's a good idea I'll mark it up so I know when it spins out of the mark, and if it spins out of mark wht can cause be ?

Ahh that's a good idea I'll mark it up so I know when it spins out of the mark, and if it spins out of mark wht can cause be ?

If the crank pulley has turned then the starter is engaging and turning the engine. If not, the starter isn't engaging.

If the crank pulley has turned then the starter is engaging and turning the engine. If not, the starter isn't engaging.
Saying if it's not the starter and it moves from crank mark ? What can it be spark plugs ? Ecu ?

Won't know till check more things but one step at a time, no need to jump ahead eh

If you put '@' before a person's forum name then they get an alert that you have 'tagged them in a post' ;)
I got the Helix paddle clutch :) http://www.rallynuts.com/nissan-mot...hes/helix-40-3875-clutch-release-bearing.html
Bit expensive though, If I were to do it again I think I would look into bigger OEM options GA16 maybe?
GA16 190mm clutch would fit a redrilled flywheel no issue from tge research I've done. There was a rumour going around that a GA14 cover plate (which is direct fit) could be used with the GA16 friction plate if you chamfered it but me and @H701micra found that this is is not true (you'd end up grinding the GA16 190mm friction plate down to 180mm to make it fit haha)

GA16 190mm clutch would fit a redrilled flywheel no issue from tge research I've done. There was a rumour going around that a GA14 cover plate (which is direct fit) could be used with the GA16 friction plate if you chamfered it but me and @H701micra found that this is is not true (you'd end up grinding the GA16 190mm friction plate down to 180mm to make it fit haha)
I think am gona go for luk clutch

Standard 1.3 (180mm) clutch?
Limits you to about 120hp iirc (good for about 8psi boost if my mental maths serves me)

Probably not noticeably better than Luk clutch but I've not personally tested them (I'm going down the GA16 clutch route eventually)

Luk is the best 'standard clutch' otherwise you will be looking at spending a fair bit of time or money.
But really, please use the search function... All this has been covered in great detail before :)

Probably not noticeably better than Luk clutch but I've not personally tested them (I'm going down the GA16 clutch route eventually)
I want a bolt on clutch don't like the idea of drilling a plate on to make ga16 fit

I have done all comes up is helix exedy and so on I don't like drilling other ones in and wana keep a price of 120 for a clutch

No chance mate. Your options are cheap and limited to 120hp or ridiculously expensive. That said, get a quote from a machine shop for redrilling for GA16 clutch, as that will take about 140hp (good for roughly 12-13psi boost)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back