turbo build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Not sure you need a paddle clutch. I reckon a 1.3 Standard will be ok on the power you want to make. Worst case just change it. I put a 1.6 clutch on mine, there was not much difference in them from the 1.3.

Paddle will also affect your driving of your daily car, and your pocket :) .

I have lightened flywheel and 1.6 clutch (I haven't tested it fully due to issues with throttle body), I think it is a good combo, and light on the pocket. I have normal micra driveability, as soon as I can drive a few miles without my throttle body packing up. I want to see Frank ( who gives his heart and soul to help us) .

Which car have you got ?

Ok. Not sure you need a paddle clutch. I reckon a 1.3 Standard will be ok on the power you want to make. Worst case just change it. I put a 1.6 clutch on mine, there was not much difference in them from the 1.3.

Paddle will also affect your driving of your daily car, and your pocket :) .

I have lightened flywheel and 1.6 clutch (I haven't tested it fully due to issues with throttle body), I think it is a good combo, and light on the pocket. I have normal micra driveability, as soon as I can drive a few miles without my throttle body packing up. I want to see Frank ( who gives his heart and soul to help us) .

Which car have you got ?
Yes someone did mention 1.6 clutch wat did u use ? I can't get someone to drill my flywheel ? wat will it cost for the 1.6 setup? I have a micra 1.3 preface

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was me and I literally told you everything you could possibly need to know about the 1.6 clutch down to the dimensions of the spigot ring you'd need to use a GA16 flywheel...
yes it was u, enuo but still thinking about it nice spec but it's about getting someone local so I can get flywheel and drop it off to them and pick it up when it's done,

I am sure someone here can sort out a lightened GA16 flywheel ? It will just bolt onto a 1.3, you need a spigot ring and then you can use a normal 1.6 Clutch. It should be more than enough for the power you want to make.
Why don't you put a wanted ad up in the wanted section

It is a very cheap setup, just getting hold of the Flywheel from a GA 16 and get it lightened and balanced. Worst case you can probably buy ready made performance one, I think Polly ( Paul) bought one.

It is a very cheap setup, just getting hold of the Flywheel from a GA 16 and get it lightened and balanced. Worst case you can probably buy ready made performance one, I think Polly ( Paul) bought one.
Yes @Enuo had helped me and told me about the ga flywheel and clucth set up but I need one that's done ? And local to me? the other wat is going to Essex and getting a stigon made or the flywheel

Yes @Enuo had helped me and told me about the ga flywheel and clucth set up but I need one that's done ? And local to me? the other wat is going to Essex and getting a stigon made or the flywheel

Nothing needs to be done to the GA flywheel, just need a spigot ring like you get for alloys...

Nothing needs to be done to the GA flywheel, just need a spigot ring like you get for alloys...
Yeh I can't get that local it's in Essex the spigot unless someone got me it I will pay more less anything

used my tig on my manifold it come out good after many try's on scraps then went for it and I messed it up, the 2 bolts touch the manifold so how will I take it off and angle the flange and do it ? can I take the weld off ? My tb came out good and that's done @frank
6eruse5u.jpg
segytety.jpg
abumebuj.jpg
ana9u6uv.jpg

used my tig on my manifold it come out good after many try's on scraps then went for it and I messed it up, the 2 bolts touch the manifold so how will I take it off and angle the flange and do it ? can I take the weld off ? My tb came out good and that's done @frank
6eruse5u.jpg
segytety.jpg
abumebuj.jpg
ana9u6uv.jpg

Not to put you down but I'm slightly doubtful thats your welding... thats as good as my good day welding and I've been welding a few years now...

plan before welding,,, mock set up like pollyp does

can you get away with smaller mani studs. extending it moves mani away from engine ?
look like smooth welds.

Not to put you down but I'm slightly doubtful thats your welding... thats as good as my good day welding and I've been welding a few years now...
How's about u come Sheffield and u get ur welder with u and will vs each. Other? u can't doubt without seeing me and how much I do

plan before welding,,, mock set up like pollyp does

can you get away with smaller mani studs. extending it moves mani away from engine ?
look like smooth welds.
I have grinded so much on my engine block and now it sits in tryed both way of sitting turbo and looked can't wait
va2u7y6u.jpg

How's about u come Sheffield and u get ur welder with u and will vs each. Other? u can't doubt without seeing me and how much I do

Video? So I can learn how you can weld so well so quickly. Will provide a video myself :)
I don't own my own welder, work provides me with one seeing as its part of my job and all...

Video? So I can learn how you can weld so well so quickly. Will provide a video myself :)
I don't own my own welder, work provides me with one seeing as its part of my job and all...
I don't need a video how to weld makes no Diffrents to me, that's why I said on one of my post I will never sell my tig and mig wasn't as good as tig coz it's been tryed and tested now and I won't even sell for 2 grand if offered coz I know how good theses are, am happy to send u a video Tommow coz am doing my down pipe cut and weld

[ quote="h701micra, post: 659463, member: 10465"]Just not boss enough ;)
View attachment 28218
Mig ftw[/quote]sorry didn't mean to say mig are not good I mean they both good depending on how it's used and with the right gas flow and wire feed u can probley get same neat welding on both

0.8mm to 2mm

Thanks

Weld
Brush Clean
Inspect
Grind back & Reweld if necessary
That's really thin and good work on the welds, and the welder it self is ? Model ? is a Micra bonnet about same thinness ? As I will wana bonnet bad boy extension

Give up your day job mwaaaaaa……….Lets have a bit of humour on this blog hey
am only welding I never knew it's really that good till u said ? I only like trying things and when it comes good as in what am looking for and the right gas flow am welding anything

That's really thin and good work on the welds, and the welder it self is ? Model ? is a Micra bonnet about same thinness ? As I will wana bonnet bad boy extension

It'll probably be 0.6mm thick

Its a Clarke Mig 135TE Turbo :)

If you're using tig on the pipe you want as low current as poss and to feed the wire in quite quickly to stop you melting the edges of the pipe away from each other. I usually try and keep the filler rod resting between both pieces and increase the angle the rod is at relative to the surface to alter the rate the filler is added to the weld pool and apply VERY lightly apply pressure with finger and thumb to keep rod pressed against the surface. You'll probably want to turn the gas down just a smidge too to stop the gas flow upsetting the weaker, gentler arc. Good luck :)

If you're using tig on the pipe you want as low current as poss and to feed the wire in quite quickly to stop you melting the edges of the pipe away from each other. I usually try and keep the filler rod resting between both pieces and increase the angle the rod is at relative to the surface to alter the rate the filler is added to the weld pool and apply VERY lightly apply pressure with finger and thumb to keep rod pressed against the surface. You'll probably want to turn the gas down just a smidge too to stop the gas flow upsetting the weaker, gentler arc. Good luck :)
Yeh I will grind the paint off 1 inch so it's bare metal then start from low settings and low gas I'll try on something similar then try it on my bonnet just want the aggressive look

Sorry @Enuo my brother went work while I welded so no videos I will soon got this for my oil feed welded so it's right fitting to my engine to turbo line
asa9ama5.jpg

I made my video with a camera and tripod on my own. Looking at your welds again, especially the second one, there is a LOT of pitting where you haven't cleaned the metal (like has been mentioned at least 4 times). I welded 2 pieces of steel plate together, but only cleaned one half of the plates and you can see that as soon as you get to the dirty area the weld becomes rubbish:
1391522304992.jpg
(I stopped because getting the metal to flow became almost impossible)

I made my video with a camera and tripod on my own. Looking at your welds again, especially the second one, there is a LOT of pitting where you haven't cleaned the metal (like has been mentioned at least 4 times). I welded 2 pieces of steel plate together, but only cleaned one half of the plates and you can see that as soon as you get to the dirty area the weld becomes rubbish:
View attachment 28247 (I stopped because getting the metal to flow became almost impossible)
I mean when welding it took me days and time lots of scrap and gas, filler rods to waste but I got the hang of it, the thin stuff needs low settings that u have to move quick with the torch or it will burn holes faster with the heat going it, that's only way I learnt, now saying @h701micra injectors I can weld coz doing smaller stuff is harder then other things, I might even have a 2nd fuel rail made this week

y2apu6un.jpg
ja5e6a7e.jpg
jacked it up and took starter motor out fuel lines, heater matix pipes, now am waiting for a good day to take engine out, @frank is that right ?

Im going to give this a go as well (easier now the heads off too) mainly to save messing with gearbox oil and C clips... anything for an easy life :)
Yeh will all use this idea it looks simple and only messing with engine that way

mu6y5yza.jpg
will anyone need any t25 manifolds making cut and shut with tig welding on them,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back