turbo build

Status
Not open for further replies.
a3a3ezat.jpg
so I welded my turbo line bolt so it's sealed up so engine oil don't leak that's two seals on the bolt done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK if it wasn't you then who else? Can we have some kind of justification for the reputation marking. I don't rite mind but it's not that fair, doing it in secret.
So neither of the ends are free to spin?

So neither of the ends are free to spin?
I been working on this for 5 hours today to get it all done, the oil line won't spin but fits in the engine and turbo line screws in as Normal
atuputu7.jpg
9y4ahete.jpg
ygera7e5.jpg
zuqa3e2e.jpg
ehama5ep.jpg
ydamybap.jpg
ryjy4ypu.jpg
I have now took the turbo housing arpart I used the 4 bolts that hold the housing, and it came off easy so moved it where I want it , but after all this it's catching the engine block and about 5 mm on the manifold won't shut? I grinded the turbo housing a bit and on the engine block but still catching ?

evenama8.jpg
I been working on this for 5 hours today to get it all done, the oil line won't spin but fits in the engine and turbo line screws in as Normal
atuputu7.jpg
9y4ahete.jpg
ygera7e5.jpg
zuqa3e2e.jpg
ehama5ep.jpg
ydamybap.jpg
ryjy4ypu.jpg
I have now took the turbo housing arpart I used the 4 bolts that hold the housing, and it came off easy so moved it where I want it , but after all this it's catching the engine block and about 5 mm on the manifold won't shut? I grinded the turbo housing a bit and on the engine block but still catching ?

I don't see how seeing as they tighten in opposite directions relative to each other? You need at least one thread on the hose to be free to rotate or the hose will be massively twisted...

I don't see how seeing as they tighten in opposite directions relative to each other? You need at least one thread on the hose to be free to rotate or the hose will be massively twisted...
That's wat I just said ? One bolt is fully welded that is the engine bolt feed and the turbo line feed is normal no weld needed coz it fits my turbo, so I tighten the engine bolt first then my turbo bolt last no twist at all

That's wat I just said ? One bolt is fully welded that is the engine bolt feed and the turbo line feed is normal no weld needed coz it fits my turbo, so I tighten the engine bolt first then my turbo bolt last no twist at all

Fair enough just wasn't clear :)

how are you gonna route the turbo inlet hose/filter with the alternator right in front of the opening? and the position of the WG actuator also seems to conflict with the alternator.
if the tapered cone seal of the oil line and fitting were clean and matching correctly like on mine, then it should seal fine without even needing to weld the line to the fitting.

how are you gonna route the turbo inlet hose/filter with the alternator right in front of the opening? and the position of the WG actuator also seems to conflict with the alternator.
if the tapered cone seal of the oil line and fitting were clean and matching correctly like on mine, then it should seal fine without even needing to weld the line to the fitting.
Right Polly the waste gate doesn't touch it by 5 mm as that was only a photo how it will look and I have made a longer bar for the altarnator, and for the oil lines it's welded for engine bolt only as I couldn't get the right one so just welded it time being for now, I will get new one after it's all running, for the air filer no I will have it coming out top of engine that was how it will go on for Saab turbo Intake pipe it comes with pipe so I will custom it but keep the flange from that

I mean, what is the point in having a car you will never race or drag, and will be driven for 5 miles a day so wont even be warmed up enough to be safely ragged? Go on, one or two trackdays will be fun

I mean, what is the point in having a car you will never race or drag, and will be driven for 5 miles a day so wont even be warmed up enough to be safely ragged? Go on, one or two trackdays will be fun
I know wat u mean I dire a car daily and for the micra I will use it for road use only and only doing it for fun my brotherinlaw will take it once it's done ,

You are only one person who is currently build 1.3 turbo conversion here. That is why everyone are watching on your thread. Keep it up and I am sure that everyone will help you out. Btw have you show your turbo plan list to those people who are turbo experts? To make sure that everything is right then you can start to build.

You are only one person who is currently build 1.3 turbo conversion here. That is why everyone are watching on your thread. Keep it up and I am sure that everyone will help you out. Btw have you show your turbo plan list to those people who are turbo experts? To make sure that everything is right then you can start to build.

My turbo is all up on my engine only needs to go in my car and get it dyno by Ed and nistune

@frank what is 1.0 coil pack micra 51 plate like Frank for turbo ? are theses same or Diffrent

u5azaza4.jpg
that's My Micra manifold out gona get t25 flange on this one aswell and same turbo on this

that's what am doing on this turbo flange and manifold I marked it am gona cut it and tack weld in place so I know where to angle it

azzy look at the skewed angle of the WG actuator, rod & arm caused by the positioning of the compressor outlet pointing slightly forward and getting in the way.
the rod show ideally be running parallel to the actuator body and angled perpendicular square to the WG arm.
readjust the compressor to point straight down perhaps? the mounting point of the WG actuator can be redrilled

azzy look at the skewed angle of the WG actuator, rod & arm caused by the positioning of the compressor outlet pointing slightly forward and getting in the way.
the rod show ideally be running parallel to the actuator body and angled perpendicular square to the WG arm.
readjust the compressor to point straight down perhaps? the mounting point of the WG actuator can be redrilled
Polly if I lower the waste gate rod holder a bit down so it's a straight line with the rods I have to lower my altarnator more futher back ? And if I swap my turbo round so the down pipe is on the left it catches my altarnator ? I have even opened up my turbo and spinned it of the best options so it fits right but no luck I have made k11 manifold so I will try to angle this one might fit then

Polly if I lower the waste gate rod holder a bit down so it's a straight line with the rods I have to lower my altarnator more futher back ? And if I swap my turbo round so the down pipe is on the left it catches my altarnator ? I have even opened up my turbo and spinned it of the best options so it fits right but no luck I have made k11 manifold so I will try to angle this one might fit then

just fit some small washers/packing under the 1 actuator bolt azzy, to angle it in the same direction as the rod

looks like the actuator is bolted onto a mount thats casted into the compressor housing.

what I'd do imo is:
- rotate the compressor housing till the outlet points down and gives room to fit the actuator,
- relocate/remount the actuator inward closer and in-line to the WG arm to both clear the alternator and making sure the rod is square to the arm so it works effectively. will require making a simple bracket to anchor it to the inner side of the housing (basically mount it like on mine),
- cos the actuator is now in-line with, and closer to the WG arm, the rod will need straightening (squeeze in a vice), shortening (so it can screw into the WG arm linkage till the WG is shut and the thread doesn't bottom out), and prob retapped.

looks like the actuator is bolted onto a mount thats casted into the compressor housing.

what I'd do imo is:
- rotate the compressor housing till the outlet points down and gives room to fit the actuator,
- relocate/remount the actuator inward closer and in-line to the WG arm to both clear the alternator and making sure the rod is square to the arm so it works effectively. will require making a simple bracket to anchor it to the inner side of the housing (basically mount it like on mine),
- cos the actuator is now in-line with, and closer to the WG arm, the rod will need straightening (squeeze in a vice), shortening (so it can screw into the WG arm linkage till the WG is shut and the thread doesn't bottom out), and prob retapped.
Polly am reading your blog from page 1 and checking how u done the turbo and waste gate maybe help my setup

Polly am reading your blog from page 1 and checking how u done the turbo and waste gate maybe help my setup

prob should've read through it all and gathered all the required info before u commited getting stuck in

@pollyp I think u mean weld the actulator flange a bit down so it's inline with the rod ? Ahh that might clear my altarnator yes I'll try it

cutting a simple mounting bracket and drilling/tapping a bolt hole on the inner lip of the housing like on mine would be easier imo and less likely to destroy the original casted actuator mount (if you intend to re-use or resell the turbo in future)

something I never knew till I called fusions, for a standed clucth I'll be wasting my time and money on the build coz the clucth will slip on the dyno, for a paddle clutch the power will cope but not for daily driving ? I need a organic clucth for my driving and the clucth is fine, called Matt and sorted something out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back