turbo build

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can usually get the big circlip out with 2 screwdrivers azzy, and there will probably be a locating peg that will need removing :)

you can usually get the big circlip out with 2 screwdrivers azzy, and there will probably be a locating peg that will need removing :)
I don't like the idea of doing that frank I will just get a tool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeh the housing looked Diffrent more like my old td04 but @frank got his td05 out and it was like a bus turbo

Look on the compressor face it'll have a plate with details on

TD05 aren't that big :p I think a micra engine would struggle to spool a bus turbo

How will I do it ? Wht do I need ? Tools ?

50991087.jpg

http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-9#post-417940

Polly can surely say his a t25 from the 200sx with gtir down pipe, It's never been td04 coz they don't make one that looks like that, or t2

What are you waffling about now?
T2 came on the 200sx... looks just like a T25 just a little smaller
TD04 is a completely different kettle of fish but they look similar

What are you waffling about now?
T2 came on the 200sx... looks just like a T25 just a little smaller
TD04 is a completely different kettle of fish but they look similar
U said Ill guess Polly is using a td04 I said it's t25 and also the t25 and t2 are same 4 flange bolt,

U said Ill guess Polly is using a td04 I said it's t25 and also the t25 and t2 are same 4 flange bolt,

I also said I guess its a T2... if you read

Yes I know they are. Same as the T3, T35, T40 etc too... been playing turbos long enough

But being as you know your TD04 from your T2 that look "nothing alike"
1391101662299.jpg

What are these 3?

I also said I guess its a T2... if you read

Yes I know they are. Same as the T3, T35, T40 etc too... been playing turbos long enough

But being as you know your TD04 from your T2 that look nothing alike
View attachment 28167
What are these 3?
I didn't say td04 look anything like the t2 or t25 family, I said Polly isnt a td04 coz by looking at the size and housing and flange it is t25, i only had my td04 and seen td05 and t25 I have

I didn't say td04 look anything like the t2 or t25 family, I said Polly isnt a td04 coz by looking at the size and housing and flange it is t25, i only had my td04 and seen td05 and t25 I have

Saab TD04s use a T3 flange... flange shape isn't a way to tell em apart

And that's my point you say a TD04 looks nothing like a t25.... but they do look very similar

Saab TD04s use a T3 flange... flange shape isn't a way to tell em apart

And that's my point you say a TD04 looks nothing like a t25.... but they do look very similar
yes u can get td04 for the Saab which they made but comparing to my last one and Diffrents on both, my turbo is a Saab t25 with 6 months warrenty so if I found out later it was a td04 simple I will get refund back

yes u can get td04 for the Saab which they made but comparing to my last one and Diffrents on both, my turbo is a Saab t25 with 6 months warrenty so if I found out later it was a td04 simple I will get refund back

I know... that's why I told you

How can you possibly buy a T25 and then find out its a td04

There's a tag on the compressor that tells you goodness sake

My words are falling on deaf ears here

I know... that's why I told you

How can you possibly buy a T25 and then find out its a td04

There's a tag on the compressor that tells you goodness sake

My words are falling on deaf ears here
Lol my turbo clearly says t25 on a plate on the turbo that's why I said it's a t25 and not td04

Even Paul knows his own turbo is t25 from a Nissan not td04 from other type of cars I read lots forums daily

Good for you
Pat yourself on the back

But next time you read em. Pay attention and actually read them... questions like what is a turbo won't need to be asked ;)

Good for you
Pat yourself on the back

But next time you read em. Pay attention and actually read them... questions like what is a turbo won't need to be asked ;)
I Will never use a td04 5 facts about them and most ppl knows to change there routes from td04 or 5 to something esle on micra

I Will never use a td04 5 facts about them and most ppl knows to change there routes from td04 or 5 to something esle on micra

Why? TD04s are fantastic turbos...

Just because other people use different turbos doesn't discredit them

Why? TD04s are fantastic turbos...

Just because other people use different turbos doesn't discredit them
I meant on micra , why ?
Lots of lag
Slow spool up
too big Housing
rare flange parts
Engine housing needs trimming
This is only for a micra I mean

I meant on micra , why ?
Lots of lag
Slow spool up
too big Housing
rare flange parts

Hmm the exhaust side being so small would suggest the opposite
They spool fast. Hence standard on Impreza's
Flange parts aren't rare. They use common T3 or Subaru flanges

Engine doesn't need trimming if you build a manifold with at least a minute bit of attention

I meant on micra , why ?
Lots of lag
Slow spool up
too big Housing
rare flange parts

*1+*2 (as they're the same thing near enough). High compression ratio can help spool a turbo faster allowing you to use bigger, cooler running (and therefore more efficient) turbos. Cooler running means the high compression ratio isn't as much an issue.
*3 Theres always room if you get creative
*4 Take off a scrap car and take the manifolds/flanges with you
*5 see *3

Hmm the exhaust side being so small would suggest the opposite
They spool fast. Hence standard on Impreza's
Flange parts aren't rare. They use common T3 or Subaru flanges

Engine doesn't need trimming if you build a manifold with at least a minute bit of attention
on scooby yes td04 is well good for lots of bhp and bigger cars 1.6 over I guess so it's spools faster, i had to trim mines down so it fits and looking for the parts was hard only scooby bits had them which didn't really fit well so had to chop most bits off, stani done same am guessing bits off engine housing, frank also had this turbo and fits well without chopping but u will have to turn the turbo around it's possible yes, soon as I got the t25 it was so small and fits perfect parts in total less then 120 with turbo and flange oil lines so I can't fault it,

on scooby yes td04 is well good for lots of bhp and bigger cars 1.6 over I guess so it's spools faster, i had to trim mines down so it fits and looking for the parts was hard only scooby bits had them which didn't really fit well so had to chop most bits off, stani done same am guessing bits off engine housing, frank also had this turbo and fits well without chopping but u will have to turn the turbo around it's possible yes, soon as I got the t25 it was so small and fits perfect parts in total less then 120 with turbo and flange oil lines so I can't fault it,

No idea what you're on about now... its no good for big power figures... but its big enough for micra... the exhaust housing on a td04 is smaller than a T25...

*1+*2 (as they're the same thing near enough). High compression ratio can help spool a turbo faster allowing you to use bigger, cooler running (and therefore more efficient) turbos. Cooler running means the high compression ratio isn't as much an issue.
*3 Theres always room if you get creative
*4 Take off a scrap car and take the manifolds/flanges with you
*5 see *3
There is room yes if u can weld good for me I can't, stani done it and frank and looks good, meaning if u have a intercooler that would be more laggy ? and coz it's that big it will never really go flat out on the power coz it wil take time to spool,

No idea what you're on about now... its no good for big power figures... but its big enough for micra... the exhaust housing on a td04 is smaller than a T25...
I mean the td04 is really made for scooby or big litre cars so it's spools faster, and yes t25 and td04 is 5 bolt flange similar patten

I mean the td04 is really made for scooby or big litre cars so it's spools faster, and yes t25 and td04 is 5 bolt flange similar patten

You reading what I'm putting or having a conversation with yourself?

The exhaust housing is tiny = fast spool = fine for a micra

If you cant weld how are you expecting the turbo to attach to the manifold? Magic powers of levitation?

I can always dismantle my car arpart or dismanlte msc and come back after 1 month when it's all done h701

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back