turbo build

Status
Not open for further replies.
my wiper still don't go off? on ign it stays on, and it's not the wipers stalk ? I remember when I bought the car I tryed to start it up, and the wipers didn't do this ? when I got it home and put altarnator in and starter motor in, and other bits it start doing this to the wipers ? So can it mean the altarnator am using off auto which has 2 wires on and my car has 3 wires on ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so have you checked with a multimeter and a wiring diagram of the circuit that the stalk is switching the terminals as the diagram says?
if that's working then it can only be the wiper control box near to the motor

Also worth checking the earthing points, dodgy earths can cause all sorts of weird and wonderful electrical problems.

ok got road tax today on my car and booked mot for Tommow, first time driving the micra on road it was really high idle rev after warming over 1k and don't come down? Can it be bad sparks ? Or the Almera gti pump ? The gear goes in by doin it hard ? Can it be cables ?

remove the old seized fast idle waxstat mechanism,
clean n configure the IAV,
clean the MAF,
check ur TPS, coolant sensor and dizzy is in spec,
check ur throttle cable is just slightly slack when closed,
check for air leaks,
warm up to 82c,
then adjust the idle screw to 750rpm.

http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-19#post-446256

Also worth checking the earthing points, dodgy earths can cause all sorts of weird and wonderful electrical problems.
Ok I have done wat @pollyp told me I used a volt meter on the stalk then flicked the swich on and off on wiper and the volt on meter went on and off meaning it's fine ? I have to check the altarnator wiring on my car coz it has 3 and wiring on my auto altarnator has 2 which 1 wire on car is unplug and cut ?

remove the old seized fast idle waxstat mechanism,
clean n configure the IAV,
clean the MAF,
check ur TPS, coolant sensor and dizzy is in spec,
check ur throttle cable is just slightly slack when closed,
check for air leaks,
warm up to 82c,
then adjust the idle screw to 750rpm.

http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-19#post-446256
Yeh maybe it does needs a clean up which I haven't yet done, I have spares on my other engine which can swap over to check while other parts are clean and is in my shed

Ok I have done wat @pollyp told me I used a volt meter on the stalk then flicked the swich on and off on wiper and the volt on meter went on and off meaning it's fine ? I have to check the altarnator wiring on my car coz it has 3 and wiring on my auto altarnator has 2 which 1 wire on car is unplug and cut ?

the switch makes 1-2 connections at each mode, u checked that it complies with every combination according to the diagram?
if it's making all the right connections then the control box is the other cause. someone once before mentioned prob dry solder?

the switch makes 1-2 connections at each mode, u checked that it complies with every combination according to the diagram?
if it's making all the right connections then the control box is the other cause. someone once before mentioned prob dry solder?
What diagram is that ? Where will I find it?

in a haynes manual wiring diagram section

speaking of which, skymera is giving one free and you def need one
omg am I loose or never knew this, I never knew that it was in the Haynes coz I never looked in the book even thanks Polly

ur welcome.
recommend reading every single page n section cos theres bound to be something that's useful to ur build n knowledge.
plus tis a good bedside/commuting/leisure reading material :p

ur welcome.
recommend reading every single page n section cos theres bound to be something that's useful to ur build n knowledge.
plus tis a good bedside/commuting/leisure reading material :p
Yes defo worth a look at, when my car is build fully I will do a full blog like yours Polly

get the pipes that match Your components size
it's cheaper to get 2,5 inch pipes coz 2inch will be less laggy but the intercooler they all make starts from 2.25inch outlet that means it will cost more in silicone recucers from 2inch to 2.5inch

azehyry5.jpg
ty8y2a5u.jpg
hy5umyme.jpg
I bought this mushroom filter and fitted it I was shocked on how it went sounds like a vti, I did wat @pollyp said to clean the idle valve and Thottle body, now idles at 950rpm thanks

You'd be best off fitting some ducting to that or set it up like an induction kit. Boiling on the TB is no good :)

no @skymera it's only for mot day that's all which is for 1pm today, soon as I get 1 years mot I will start my turbo build

I can't get a Micra air box to fit mines so I thought it's cheaper for 10 pounds mushroom lol

THIS 1000000000000000000000000 TIMES
thanks I have Haynes and I sorted the problem for the wipers it was my altarnator wiring so I changed to my 1.3 dizzy altarnator and now it works fine

Good news I passed my mot so Tommow I will try taking few things off and start my engine swap

You
Need
A
Crane

You won't do it quicker without. Telling me how busy you are you haven't got time to mess about any other way

You
Need
A
Crane

You won't do it quicker without. Telling me how busy you are you haven't got time to mess about any other way
I am busy but I will get the engine parts off and leave it on axle stand so the cars up high. And then gearbox out, and engine can come out from bottom, main bit is fitting the engine back coz it's heavy, but crane is what I need I know that wil be easy and will help me lift it in but it's about gettin for a day and doing it in a day coz more daily rates then

Big thanks to @frank and @pollyp I have sorted my idle problems and today got my 3 pounds injector looms off ford scrappy fits my bora injectors after I used a volt meter it shows that it don't matter which way I wire both wires to injectors to k11 looms as it reads 11.9 on all there 4 injectors each one of them so they all go in easy with wiring up them thanks to @Enuo aswell

Big thanks to @frank and @pollyp I have sorted my idle problems and today got my 3 pounds injector looms off ford scrappy fits my bora injectors after I used a volt meter it shows that it don't matter which way I wire both wires to injectors to k11 looms as it reads 11.9 on all there 4 injectors each one of them so they all go in easy with wiring up them thanks to @Enuo aswell

8y6yte2y.jpg
8y7epyze.jpg
yze8umyt.jpg
ebusu4yn.jpg

Ordered my intercooler and blue 2.5 inch pipes so gona wait and start soon x

gunejuby.jpg
good thing you can move the down pipe flange how u want it in any angle u want so that's good point

Other problems turbo too big ? After trimming the engine block not too much tho it still fits ok but the drainage on turbo hits the sump any way I can rotate the turbo housing ? I have a c clip on cold side ? And 4 bolts on the hot side ? thinking of the front exit lol
ejame7ez.jpg
u5uqa2u7.jpg
uva4y4e2.jpg
 sy8eteta.jpg
or Other options are giving it to @frank

Other problems turbo too big ? After trimming the engine block not too much tho it still fits ok but the drainage on turbo hits the sump any way I can rotate the turbo housing ? I have a c clip on cold side ? And 4 bolts on the hot side ? thinking of the front exit lol
ejame7ez.jpg
u5uqa2u7.jpg
uva4y4e2.jpg
 sy8eteta.jpg
or Other options are giving it to @frank

ymanuqu4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back