TOST - The Official Spam Thread

doesnt cos it mid sentence

Nope, the letter "I" should always be capitalised, unless it's in the middle of a word.
"I went to the store, and I bought some chips"

My old English teacher nearly killed me when I got that wrong ^

ETA: We established this, sorryyy haha.

Nope, the letter "I" should always be capitalised, unless it's in the middle of a word.
"I went to the store, and I bought some chips"

My old English teacher nearly killed me when I got that wrong ^

ETA: We established this, sorryyy haha.

yeah i had a dumb moment :oops: lol, we did put one in but it didnt look right so changed it :)

Go for it Karl. WAY more suited to welding car thickness steel than a MIG. You will need a cylinder of argon and a regulator for it though :).

Well, it has been proven once again that the world is full of Ar$eholes. :( I was recently offered a job, which I accepted, bought passport photos and had ID made and have just been waiting on a start date. Got the phonecall today, Yay! thought me, only to be informed that the vacancy had been 'filled internally' so basically tough $hit. :mad: Can't really do owt about it cos it was through an agency, no contracts signed or anything. Fuming? Just a little bit, ready to bury the guy at the agency :rolleyes:

Sorry.....rant over :oops:

Well, it has been proven once again that the world is full of Ar$eholes. :( I was recently offered a job, which I accepted, bought passport photos and had ID made and have just been waiting on a start date. Got the phonecall today, Yay! thought me, only to be informed that the vacancy had been 'filled internally' so basically tough $hit. :mad: Can't really do owt about it cos it was through an agency, no contracts signed or anything. Fuming? Just a little bit, ready to bury the guy at the agency :rolleyes:

Sorry.....rant over :oops:

That's **** Ade, I would've gone mental at the person who said you had the job.

Sorry to hear that Ade, easy to understand why you want to strangle someone :mad:. Karl, youtube search 'welding tips and tricks'. The guy who runs it, Jody, is a time served welding legend. TIG is SOOOOO versatile. From the subtlist work on body panels to rootpass fills on thick pipe - I have an inverter stick welder and am SOOO tempted to buy TIG setup for it.

That's #### Ade, I would've gone mental at the person who said you had the job.
Yup, pretty crappy. I don't think they realise they're messing with people lives. I had to bite my tongue to remain calm (ish) cos it's another avenue for work and I didn't want to burn my bridges :(
It wasn't easy though :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that Ade, easy to understand why you want to strangle someone :mad:. Karl, youtube search 'welding tips and tricks'. The guy who runs it, Jody, is a time served welding legend. TIG is SOOOOO versatile. From the subtlist work on body panels to rootpass fills on thick pipe - I have an inverter stick welder and am SOOO tempted to buy TIG setup for it.
Cheers Guy :) btw +1 on 'welding tips and tricks' :D

I like my inverter but I can't get use to the length of the "stick"

Tat looks really nice Belly...I agree, although technically incorrect ...it looks nicer without that "I" as a capital :)

Awww Ade :( that sucks...that's horrible getting messed about like that :mad: I hope somethin' else comes up soon ;)

Nearly bought a set of quite nice alloys on Sunday...my dad was gonna lend me the money and everything...but I had a feeling they were 4x108 <_<
...they were just like these... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16-Inch-M...s_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item2a2e28fae5
...they wanted £150, and the wheel they had on show looked very tidy, decent tyre too
...if they're there next week I'm gonna double check the fitment LOL they'd look ace on my baby :p
it should say the stud/offset/etc on the rim right? ^_^
....but I'm worried about centre bore...I want my wheels to remain hubcentric :rolleyes:

If in doubt Jen try one on the car and if the centre bore is too big get spigots :)

I thought about that....but I didn't take my car to the boot sale where the wheels were LOL
...me and my dad went in the Almera...test fitting would have been awkward...I think I would have had to go home, get my baby
...then park up, down the road, and have the seller join me in Jacking her up and sitting a wheel over the hub :p...
I'm not sure the seller would have been up for abandoning their stall for 20-30 minutes :oops:
...if they are there next week (they looked trader-ish) then I'll figure something out
...although saying that I've currently got a couple of (OEM 16") alloys on ebay on my watch list right now
if I win 'em I will simply be painting a set of original ones black....finaly :p

I suddenly REALLY REALLY want an E36. Sorry, I had to share this. It's absolutely stunning.
1048242_399859386797093_1183087328_o.jpg

Too much poke? :O
The front wheel isn't as bad. But that rear wheel is too far. The idea behind cars used to be lower, stiffen widen. Now it just seems to ve squeeze tiny tyres on massive wheels so that when you push it in the corners it pops off.
Then to add to it they stick on wayyy tooo much camber to lift 80% of the already narrow wheel off the floor. Why not save £100s and just use bmx wheels? Narrow tyre. Small contact patch and when pushed it'll come off the rim (put a bmx wheel on a go kart... bad idea)
Wow I just went off on one :p:oops: simmer downn yo

The front wheel isn't as bad. But that rear wheel is too far. The idea behind cars used to be lower, stiffen widen. Now it just seems to ve squeeze tiny tyres on massive wheels so that when you push it in the corners it pops off.
Then to add to it they stick on wayyy tooo much camber to lift 80% of the already narrow wheel off the floor. Why not save £100s and just use bmx wheels? Narrow tyre. Small contact patch and when pushed it'll come off the rim (put a bmx wheel on a go kart... bad idea)

Does stance really work though? :rolleyes:

Don't worry, some of us share the same perspective when it comes to wheel fitment.....or blatant lack of ;)

Yep, nothing like ruining what once was a brilliantly engineered performance machine so you can fit in with the yolo swag hellatyte crew.

I enjoy seeing stanced cars as much as the next guy... But let's be real for a minute, it's a seriously stupid fad that we'll one day be laughing at in the same way we see barry'd Corsas with body kits.

Does stance really work though? :rolleyes:

Don't worry, some of us share the same perspective when it comes to wheel fitment.....or blatant lack of ;)
I'm pleased you see this
Yep, nothing like ruining what once was a brilliantly engineered performance machine so you can fit in with the yolo swag hellatyte crew.

I enjoy seeing stanced cars as much as the next guy... But let's be real for a minute, it's a seriously stupid fad that we'll one day be laughing at in the same way we see barry'd Corsas with body kits.
This my friend is true... except a few of us have seen it already

I suddenly REALLY REALLY want an E36. Sorry, I had to share this. It's absolutely stunning.

Almost every one of my mates has owned one in the past year. My advice, not worth it.

Buying cost is too high, all been ragged every day, all are about 150k and all are expensive to fix.

Back