• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Napster's SR MICRA

I just really like your one! Don't normally like that colour but it really suits it.

BTW has Detox sent u that no plate holder yet? (I give him a lift to college every day :p)

cheers!!! i really like the colour to :)

he said he would post it "last saturday" but havent heard anything? i did tell him not rush etc!!! i did txt him yestday though, but no reply!

its alright...no rush!!!!

okay i'll get onto him next week, he's useless at doing things unless you ask him about 10 times! He's never even awake when I pick him up in the mornings!

Napster, you know damn well that it will never be 'finished', there will always be something else.

wise words that i cant fault :p true......true!!! however i need to save!!! i have had my time buying unique parts etc!!! although i do love a challenge LOL!!!

i cant think of much else todo that i have time for if im honest......there are mods id love to do but no experience, time, materials, expensive tools for the tasks......im happy with my very quick "bug"........although i had 3guys in an old school seat arosa laughing today :down:

Sonic thats it o_O together with light-weight alloys and suspension that handles lovely :) i was looking at the wild cams that Kristian is selling, but......ohh...i could offord them.....ohhh.......damn it!!!!! but i cant buy them!!! lol!!!

why?? you think thats my next step? more power

I was thinking turbo, it's nice power delivery, keeps the lovely CG13 engine and they sound absolutely fantastic.

i really would love to mate!!! if i have the micra still in a couple more years (which im sure i will :grinning: ) i would be tempted!!! i nearly got half the kit last year :wasntme: but i stopped as plans changed!!

if i knew someone who could re-map it cheaply that would be a bonus!!! its just abit to much money altogether, but all these cheap kits that come up on MSC.....its so tempting you know......buy them, store them, do some research, make some contacts, fit it and there you go............buts never as simple!!!

plus my little engine by that time would have a fair bit of milage??? low boost i know but end up spending money fixing it, even if done right!!!

not having a go at James here as its an asweome acheivement, and id never get that much bhp but all the problems James had and has spent so much money!!!!!! if i was rich i wouldnt have a problem, but id rather have a car i could use imo!!!!

plus i was going the N/A route :)

In that case, cams, headwork and a remap is your next step anyways ;)

it would be, but not at the moment lol!!!

for the last 10months or so i have been reading, researching, listening to all sorts of things regarding N/A, turbos, engines, problems, setups etc and all thats done has allowed me to weigh them all up and figure out ways to overcome problems, allow for errors, part listings and prices.

its all confusing at times and with no-one to help its down to my capable hands.......erhh......well its mainly body mods i do........spraying, fillering fitting, i can do!!! simple engine work yes!!! id love to undergo more engine work and turbo / cams would allow for this but i have no room yet to attempt this :doh:

im not paying for a garage to fit it!!! thats my choice!!!

I see where your coming from Nap, On low boost I think you could keep a Micra very reliable and it wouldn't cost the earth.

All the problems I have had on mine have been down to the headgasket which is very annoying, hopefully this time I'll be able to keep it fairly reliable even at 200bhp+. It needs to be really so I can save my money as I am very skint atm :(

James.

On low boost I think you could keep a Micra very reliable and it wouldn't cost the earth.

I bloody hope so, lol...cant be having mine breaking down all the time, constant tinkering i can handle...but constant rebuilds, and id start fearing for my sanity :D

I see where your coming from Nap, On low boost I think you could keep a Micra very reliable and it wouldn't cost the earth.

All the problems I have had on mine have been down to the headgasket which is very annoying, hopefully this time I'll be able to keep it fairly reliable even at 200bhp+. It needs to be really so I can save my money as I am very skint atm :(

James.

i might be wrong!!! and whos to say that problems dont occur on low boost!! engine milage may cause a problem! internalls may be weak!!! who knows!!!! but either way its alot of money once you get going imo!!!!!

Solarice!!! im sure ull be fine :wasntme: (Y)

ordered some spacers :grinning: here next week!!!

Craig: when i fit the spacers ill take some photos for you of the arches!!

provisionally fitted both the rear arches and marked all the holes etc!!! the rear offside arch being an absolute nightmare!!! but.....after loads of playing it sits lush and flush!!! the easiest of all four was the rear nearside!!! well easy....no problems!!!!!

i'd have thought the n/s/r arch would've ben harder due to the fluel flap bit. looks like a good job though. it'll look good with the spacers on.

Yeah low boost would probably be ok on things like standard internals and head gasket (upto about 140bhp ish). Trouble is we went the wrong way with it. Tried it with stock internals but a dodgy pipe shat oil and ####ed the bottom end. Then we sent the engine to someone who didn't hone the bores properly. Hopefully the guy who's doing it now will come through for us. He should do bearing in mind his past and present achievements.

Ivan

i'd have thought the n/s/r arch would've ben harder due to the fluel flap bit. looks like a good job though. it'll look good with the spacers on.

Swiper; for some reason the both rear arches where fine to fit.....and the NSR with the fuel filler cap lined up first time!!!! couldnt believe it!!!

Yeah low boost would probably be ok on things like standard internals and head gasket (upto about 140bhp ish). Trouble is we went the wrong way with it. Tried it with stock internals but a dodgy pipe shat oil and ####ed the bottom end. Then we sent the engine to someone who didn't hone the bores properly. Hopefully the guy who's doing it now will come through for us. He should do bearing in mind his past and present achievements.

Ivan

Ivan / James; best of luck this time round with the engine!! definately annoying that it wasnt done first time round properly and its not cheap so waste of money and time etc!!!

i ordered a 25mill wheel spacer which arrived today.........yes just the one to get an idea of depth / fitting for the moment but it didnt come with any "extended studs"!!

could anyone possible tell me from any of these websites the correct one i am after please???

http://www.graystonengineering.com/wheelnutmenu.htm
http://www.speedshack.co.uk/Wheelnuts.htm

Ant: you are definatly right about probably needing a 50mill spacer as this didnt seem to make much difference :down: lol!!!!

thanks

Attachments

• DSC01546.JPG
    DSC01546.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 197
  • DSC01547.JPG
    DSC01547.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 197
napster m8 awesome car! so wish i kept mine and didnt try and do a pickup with it lol!

Do a massive Photoshoot showing your car :)

I've looked into the offset needed as i'm going to be doing this to my car when i have the money after i get my engine done.

from my 38et wheel i worked out i would need a 9inch wide with an offset of -3 that's from my calculations.

Correct me if i'm wrong

napster m8 awesome car! so wish i kept mine and didnt try and do a pickup with it lol!

Do a massive Photoshoot showing your car :)

Hey Mate, thanks alot! well only with more time etc im sure you could have done an awesome job with that pickup!!!!! i will do a video soon!!
good luck if your get that red k11 your after!!! thats sweet bud!!!

napster

is,nt it 12mm, 1.25 pitch
2 1/4" stud extenders part no se14 ?

Frank; thanks for your help! thats the type of stud adapter i thought it would be, but regarding the size.......not sure!!! the difference bewteen the "1.25" and the "1.5" being the "width" of the "orignal stud"??? sorry if thats wrong!!!

also.....i need it to be longer than 50mill and still be able to secure alloy on!!

that size is roughly 6cm.....is that extra on the hub??? or by the time its screwed onto original thread it may have lost a cm???

I've looked into the offset needed as i'm going to be doing this to my car when i have the money after i get my engine done.

from my 38et wheel i worked out i would need a 9inch wide with an offset of -3 that's from my calculations.

Correct me if i'm wrong

Robert; honestly not sure! sorry!!!

what about these?? :

http://rallynuts.com/motorsport/Wheel_Studs_1942/Wheel_Studs_Long_Metric_Fine_2338.asp
http://www.scarbro-racing.co.uk/wheelnuts
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=MSPORT&pcode=GRYSB13

napster

i measure it to 12mm thread 1.25mm thread pitch (1.25mm between each thread, ie metric fine)
the 2,1/4" stud extenders (plus 2 and a bit spacers) will give you a 4,1/2" wider track, which should fill those arches a treat
i,m off to that warehouse today and will checkout their spacers

napster

i measure it to 12mm thread 1.25mm thread pitch (1.25mm between each thread, ie metric fine)
the 2,1/4" stud extenders (plus 2 and a bit spacers) will give you a 4,1/2" wider track, which should fill those arches a treat
i,m off to that warehouse today and will checkout their spacers

thats awesome Frank! thanks for your help! apprecaite it mate!!

i will order 1 and go from there! thats alot of excess weight / distortion on the hub with that distance?

napster

it would be fine imo (its no different than large offset rims ?)
i would,nt go more than 25mm on the front tho (but stock k11 rears are too much inset anyway)

napster

it would be fine imo (its no different than large offset rims ?)
i would,nt go more than 25mm on the front tho (but stock k11 rears are too much inset anyway)

why not more than 25mil on front if dont mind me asking? safety factor?

any MOT failure / legal implications with having rears wider than the front???

so would i need to get 8 longer studs at the rear say 60mill (50mil spacer + 10mill for securing wheel nuts on) and then another set of 8 studs for front, 30-40mil (25mil spacer 10mil for securing wheel nut)???

cheers

ive spent the last 2and half hours sanding down the front arches so that they sit flush with the bumper and wing.......and its worked :grinning:

napster

i would go for 8x 2, 1/4 extenders, 4x 25mm + 2x 5mm spacers on the rear
and 8x 25mm extenders, 2x 25mm spacers on the front
warehouse only do 1 make now, 3mm, 5mm and 10mm, about 5 quid a pair, no cheaper than yous iirc
my bits were cheap tho, 106 D, 2 discs (QH), pads (QH), 6 ltr 15/40, air + oil filters, 40 quid all in !

cheers Frank mate!!

so you would go for the "adapter studs" instead of "longer studs"?? and 55mill on the back??? Frank regarding the "front 25mil extender studs" im sure that they are 25mil now or i know the back are as i have no thread left when i added the spacer so i would need at least a 35mill long stud or a 10mill adapter stud?? confused mate lol fwn

as surely a longer stud would have better strength and rigidity than an adapter you screw onto the original stud??
was looking at these:?

http://rallynuts.com/motorsport/Wheel_Studs_1942/Wheel_Studs_Long_Metric_Fine_2338.asp

i know this is a silly question so forgive me, but how much stud thread would be sufficient enough to secure the wheel with? i know the most possible, but lets say i get those studs above! they are 63mill! id probably loose 3mil due to the hub its self so thats 60mil. 50mil spacer leaves 10mil. is that enough thread for the wheels????? i think its about 20mil im using now for my alloys?

napster

i,m 99% sure that the 2, 1/4" extenders have a 2, 1/4" "extention" so you end up with the same amount of thread to bolt the wheel on, as well as the 2, 1/4" spacers
if the extenders are high tensile steel, then ok
if not, then personally i,d prefer h/t bolts

well all that is required left todo is buy one and find out i guess :glance:
trial and error i believe here!

H/T bolts? sorry not sure on these???

thanks for all your help Frank!
cheers

well all that is required left todo is buy one and find out i guess :glance:
trial and error i believe here!

H/T bolts? sorry not sure on these???

thanks for all your help Frank!
cheers

napster

you,re welcome
i think stock studs are high tensile steel, i would be wary of driving round on mild steel studs
yet i did many mad miles in a mini with about 6" of extra trackwidth, using the 8mm (5/16") studs (front and back)

crazy mini lol :laugh:

well i wouldnt buy anything less than high steel to be honest! i know im risking alittle going down the "spacer" route but im asking for more trouble skipping on strength when wheel bearings are concerned!

thats why i wasking about what type to get! either "adapters" or "longer replacement studs"????

wish me luck lol

thanks

napster

yes my 1300 senior mini stock was crazy, 205/70/13 yokohama A001 (track only) tyre, with an obscene amount of negative camber on the n/s/f,
that n/s/f tyre was down to canvas in 1 event ! (hendesford oval), thats a lot of forces on 4 little studs o_O

napster

yes my 1300 senior mini stock was crazy, 205/70/13 yokohama A001 (track only) tyre, with an obscene amount of negative camber on the n/s/f,
that n/s/f tyre was down to canvas in 1 event ! (hendesford oval), thats a lot of forces on 4 little studs o_O

Thats Hednesford Frank, the town I was raised in, the racetrack has an interesting little history behind it.

napster

haha. no way!!! abit to many forces i wouldnt have risked lol but sounds like you had fun mate lol

Thats Hednesford Frank, the town I was raised in, the racetrack has an interesting little history behind it.

we will ever find out the story.......da..da........find out next week in "sonics story" (sorry mate)

sonic

yes your spelling is better than mine eh
martin morris inherited it from his dad iirc, and sold it 10 ish yrs ago i believe ?

ok Sonic Thanks!!

well all arches are finished!!!! all sprayed up and lacquered!!
going to micra sports / rallynuts warehouse tomorrow to see bout extended studs! i emailed them but no reply!

if there where any MOT implications with front 25mil and back wider at 50, then i would be tempted to buy the "adapters" cause then i could take them off easier than extended studs! but if there are no problems with wider back than the front then i think longer studs would be safer, but thats imo.

naps

went and saw Robert today and picked up some facelift headlights and door handles! i have just got back and and tinted the headlights black inside and the handles sprayed green!!! will have ago at fitting the handles in a minute!

who would have thought hey Robert that you always wanted me to spray the handles and its you who has made it happen lol!!

thanks

Attachments

• DSC01549.JPG
    DSC01549.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 202
moddedmicra.....you are not spun out!! i have a pre-face lift and mine are already tinted inside so you are correct.....these facelifts are for my g/f's k11 :)

i'm not even going to ask about this? :p

lol!! why not? well ill tell you.............the oven is the best way to tint the headlights.....ill let you figure the rest out!!

COLOUR CODED DOOR HANDLES!!!!!!!! :laugh: NO MORE TELLING ME OFF ROBERT pmsl!!!

and yes, they do look very good now!

Attachments

• DSC01550.JPG
    DSC01550.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 174
  • DSC01551.JPG
    DSC01551.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC01553.JPG
    DSC01553.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC01554.JPG
    DSC01554.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 183
Looks sweet mate!

D'you like them colourcoded? I knwo you like hem black, just wondered what you think about them now?

Just finished putting m mirrors on :)

I take it you tinted the inside of the lenses then ?

'Bout bloody time as well :laugh:

there where "two parts" to the facelfit where the prefacelift only had one. anyway this other part, which included the indicator and side light housing, i sprayed this black! so yeah behind the glass!!

not you aswell :p .........look they are done!!!

Looks sweet mate!

D'you like them colourcoded? I knwo you like hem black, just wondered what you think about them now?

Just finished putting m mirrors on :)

yes Robert, i do like them colour coded!!! should have done them way back last year!

mirrors looking great!

Back