• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Napster's SR MICRA

so are they esay engough to fit?

easy answer.........."not really" lol! they dont have much of a lip to secure them in place. however depends how you decide to fit them ; screws, rivits, fibreglass, glue etc!! all have complications!

im using screws to secure in place around the inside lip! i havent tryed the back yet but they have a bigger inside lip so should be easier to fit than the front. still yet to test the theory mate!

hmm, i want to use rivits on mine but there a dodgey shape and would be nearimpossiable to drill! might have to do the arch liner screw way of fitting mine, but i dont trust it :p

they look nice from the side, not sure about the view from the front though o_O

cheers. thats what i was saying about the photos as they dont do it justice! garanteed you would change your mind up close :)

all the other photos i have and micras with the same arches look awesome! not saying mines gonig to look awesome but it shouldnt look too bad hopefully

you know what they say...no one is every happy with there own car ;)

haha!! although im happy with my car!!! even if no one else is!!

why are you not happy with yours mate!!?? and dont say cause its missing a few bhp lol!!! plus you just got a new k11 Si!!

well tomorrow is a big day!!! rear arches to be provisionaly fitted :grinning: to see if any problems etc and side skirts will be off the car untill arches are on so it will look different

haha!! although im happy with my car!!! even if no one else is!!

why are you not happy with yours mate!!?? and dont say cause its missing a few bhp lol!!! plus you just got a new k11 Si!!

well i did the nismo graphics on the other one as one of my ideas and i liked them but not alot lol, i want a clean look with my new one, hopefully i will be happy with it lol

Cheers bud :)

Rather you than me fitting those arches, I have never been good with bodywork. They'll look awesome when they're done though!!

James.

provisionally fitted both the rear arches and marked all the holes etc!!! the rear offside arch being an absolute nightmare!!! but.....after loads of playing it sits lush and flush!!! the easiest of all four was the rear nearside!!! well easy....no problems!!!!!

so will have alook at the fronts again when i have sometime!!!

Attachments

• DSC01538.JPG
    DSC01538.JPG
    254.9 KB · Views: 254
  • DSC01539.JPG
    DSC01539.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 288
  • DSC01541.JPG
    DSC01541.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 228
Me likey - although if I#m being picky (which I often am ;) ) I would say get the rear arches smoothed into your rear splitter to help the lines flow better.

Looks like a good match you've got with thoese cans though.
Craig

i agree ^ remove rear splitter, the wheels look ok from the pics! they seem to sit not too far in the arch. but then agian the pic might not do justice. lol

I hate to say it but i'm with Anthony, I think it'll look quite a bit better without the rear splitter, it'll finish it off.

I'm not a fan of all smoothed in stuff so I would keep them as they are, they look good m8, need some wider angle shots!!

James.

I did a couple of photoshop's for ya, hope you don't mind me playing, i'm not really that good at it :/

Attachments

• DSC01539.JPG
    DSC01539.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 249
  • DSC015392.jpg
    DSC015392.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 254
no James i dont mind!! wow!! what a difference hey!! doesnt look like the same k11 anymore!!!!

Ant, Craig, Squarepants, James.........thanks for your comments and opinions!!!!! i will decided more to the time of fitting what is staying and what is going!!! i must admit ithe kit is alittle over the top but we shall see!!!

im not going to smooth in as its abit more time than i can give at the moment and plus i think they look fine as they are!!! Solarice did an awesome job smoothing his in!!!!

yep colour match is perfect :p

thanks guys!!!

Ant; did you get 30mil spacers or 30mil hub extensions??

hopefully have ago tomorrow at sorting out the gap on front arches.
may spray my rear hubs black to smarten them up.......or green??
door handles will be sprayed green soon aswell :)

Black, don't highlight drums!

Just looking at that photo - do you have a slight crease just below the rear of the window?

Any chance that you could get some pics of the arch behind the extension if you know what I mean?
Cheers Craig

Door handles! Finally!
Lol.
Coming on nice mate :)

haha....i was waiting for that mate!!!!

Black, don't highlight drums!

Just looking at that photo - do you have a slight crease just below the rear of the window?

Any chance that you could get some pics of the arch behind the extension if you know what I mean?
Cheers Craig

yes there is a crease mate!!! see this post below.....3rd image / rear pic
http://www.micra.org.uk/showpost.php?p=243499&postcount=587

not sure on the picture your after? inside arch? sorry

Ant; did you get 30mil spacers or 30mil hub extensions??

hopefully have ago tomorrow at sorting out the gap on front arches.
may spray my rear hubs black to smarten them up.......or green??
door handles will be sprayed green soon aswell :)

34mm spacers..... although whilst playing with the computer system at work (its called tec-doc if anyone has heard of it, or alicat or even autodata) i found some bilstein part numbers for 50mm spacers designed specialy for thiese arches, they are a hub centric spacer kit and longer wheel studs that thread through the hub.....

just what ive been looking for.....:laugh:

34mm spacers..... although whilst playing with the computer system at work (its called tec-doc if anyone has heard of it, or alicat or even autodata) i found some bilstein part numbers for 50mm spacers designed specialy for thiese arches, they are a hub centric spacer kit and longer wheel studs that thread through the hub.....

just what ive been looking for.....:laugh:

well :) ....dont keep me waiting......price please lol!!! a bet for a pair......around the £120 mark but possible wrong?

you order through halfords then?

not sure on the picture your after? inside arch? sorry

Erm, kinda awkward to explain, if you lie on the floor by the wheels and look to the sky, can you take a pic of the under/inside of the arch from theat angle?
Cheers Craig

looks really good, got to agree might look better smoothed but I like it all the same :D

thank you :)

ive seen pics of these arches smoothed on, screwed on and glued on and imo.....they all had the same sporty look.........like a go-kart i guess!!!

i like them as they are! and the kit isnt smoothed in so may look out of place and i certainly havent got the time to smooth it all in so im leaving it as it is for the moment!!!

naps

understand now Craig. not sure when ill have the arches back on.....front ones are easier than the back to fit as doesnt inlvolve jacking the car up....but the front "inner arch" do not retreat back as far as the rears so it may look weird......hard to explain lol!!! when they are on the car ill take pics for you mate!!

napster

i used extended bolts on the back of mine
they were a pound each tho :glance: (oddball metric fine thread)

Frank: to "move" your wheels out further?? if so where from please if dont mind me asking? safe to use??

(hopefully we are talking bout the same thing lol)

napster

yes moved them out about 20mm (k11 rears look better when wider imo)
i fitted them thro the hub and drum, then a nut and heavy penny washers
so to remove the drum i take the center nut off and pull the whole lot off
you would need the ally spacers as well for 50mm i think ( macces, warehouse stock them) see olly,s (98) new toys thread

craig

they were high tensile bolts

Wheel bolts need to be hardened!

i should think so too lol!!! what ever info you require from the pics of the arches to you require them on the car mate? or will take them on the floor be the same? just wondering if i can get you them sooner thats all??

napster

yes moved them out about 20mm (k11 rears look better when wider imo)
i fitted them thro the hub and drum, then a nut and heavy penny washers
so to remove the drum i take the center nut off and pull the whole lot off
you would need the ally spacers as well for 50mm i think ( macces, warehouse stock them) see olly,s (98) new toys thread

craig

i guess you havent got a pic have you Frank? and its to much hassle to remove your rear wheels so maybe dont worry about it!!! any problems with that design if dont mind me asking??

cheers guys

napster

i can do a pic tomorrow, no probs
they were on my super s for about 6 yrs before this car
let me know if you want me to checkout those ally spacers ?

Didn't doubt it for a minute ;) just wanted to make sure that anyone reading this thread didn't get standard B&Q bolts, then ended up in a ditch.

Did you notice any adverse effect on the wheel bearings?
Craig

napster

its where the local motor factors buy their stock, so i dont think you,ll get them cheaper elsewere (there like the old mini spacers, they do various cars but not the nissan thread iirc )

craig

i have,nt worn any out yet !

LOL at Craigs post!!!!

So Frank did you get a universal spacer bolt / thread of correct thickness , strength etc or was it a spacer for a ford etc??

napster

no i spun an ordinary nut on then a heavy penny washer (no spacer)
you would need 2 disc shaped spacers (one either side of a star shaped spacer) to get 50mm
the bolts that are in the kit, wont be the right thread i think

Could you not just use different wheel nuts, though (assuming that the bolt will interface correctly with thehole in the hub?
Craig

I'm with Craig, don't highlight your drums! I made that mistake on mine, they look loads better now they are just black again.

Why don't you just use wheel spacers from demon tweeks?

James.

I'm with Craig, don't highlight your drums! I made that mistake on mine, they look loads better now they are just black again.

Why don't you just use wheel spacers from demon tweeks?

James.

black they will be as they are looking abit dull.....

just checked demon tweeks and they had these!! why so cheap or is it not what im after?? 25mill and a 4hole???:

:
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=MSPORT&pcode=GRYSP11

or these ones which are the cheapest ive found for this same set on other websites and go to 60mill :love:

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/produ...n&code=EIB_PRO_SPACER&app_id=326493&x=63&y=10

napster am coming down to yours to pinch ya whole car like really nice think i might have to get me self some arches like and i love the colour goes so well with the L.E.D lights on the back like

those arches look aweseome!!!! nuff said!

Thanks mate!!!

napster am coming down to yours to pinch ya whole car like really nice think i might have to get me self some arches like and i love the colour goes so well with the L.E.D lights on the back like

cheers buddy! let me know when your coming down ROFL :p whats wrong with yours? its awesome!!
yeah i agree with the red LED lights, going with the green!

tomorrow afternoon will be hub spraying aslong as its not snowing lol!

Ur car makes me want to go K11 more by the day :wasntme:

Really?? why thank you!! not sure whats "so special" (if thats the words) about my k11, but thank you???

im extremely pleased how she has turned out as ive said many a time!!!

fit the arches, get some spacers, spray the handles and then fit the march nipples!!!! done!!!

I just really like your one! Don't normally like that colour but it really suits it.

BTW has Detox sent u that no plate holder yet? (I give him a lift to college every day :p)

Back