• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Napster's SR MICRA

thanks bud! will enquire about stronger bearings! money money money :glare: but then should look awesome and handle sweetly

yearh..the only thing you need bearings for is longer life the standard ones with spacers wont last long, so uprated ones are essential.

the way i see it is its best to spend the money now than have the stnadrd ones go and replace them and them go aswell! when you might aswell get some now to save money and mishaps later on. if you get me? thats what i would do! best to have it done properly than bodged!

very true! cheers again for help!

spraying them this week hopefully on friday!! :love:
also removing the skirts so i can play around with the arches whenever!!

best way to fit them would be to drill and rivit them, but cover the rivts in waxoil and the holes so they dont rust around the holes etc, then when on just spray the inside of the metal (i.e inner arch) with waxoil, that should stop anyrust starting. then just cover up the rivet holes in the archs (outside) with fibre glass and filler (so will need abit more paint when fitted)

best way to fit them would be to drill and rivit them, but cover the rivts in waxoil and the holes so they dont rust around the holes etc, then when on just spray the inside of the metal (i.e inner arch) with waxoil, that should stop anyrust starting. then just cover up the rivet holes in the archs (outside) with fibre glass and filler (so will need abit more paint when fitted)

i agree! the arches to look good require alot of pressure to "pull them onto the wings" so rivts being a good option etc! however unless i do what solarice did and cut it at the bumper, i wont be able to take my bumper off.......unless of course i dont secure it into the bumper only at the bottom with a screw and then remove the bumer "around" the arch!

i will have a better look when skirts are off on friday hopefully

have made the holes in the bottom of the bumper etc and sprayed up the arch for the front drivers side :grinning: so thats 1 down, 3 left!!! lol.

just buy the wide track kit from ayat in buy and sell, dig deep in your pockets though. but bearings won't keep going. his wide rear axle has discs aswell;)

just buy the wide track kit from ayat in buy and sell, dig deep in your pockets though. but bearings won't keep going. his wide rear axle has discs aswell;)

haha, i was looking at his wide track kit earlier mate!!! its not cheap which is fair enough, someones going to get a bargain with it, but cant afford it :down: im trying to save lol!!! other commitments etc!!!

got some info coming soon bout spacers etc! see what that turns up!

thanks for the help swiper!!!

£700 i like micra but not that much lol

depends..............if you have money, and can afford to use it to make a track car, do it!! if you way it up!!! lets say you have a job thats 12000 a year. each months wage packet is 1000.....so after a months work...you buy this wide track for 700 and have 300 left.... :love:

...although.......people on this wage renting a flat etc..........rent is 500, utilities together equal say, 100......food.....then car tax, insurance phone bill!!!!! it all adds up and then a month you can only save say £100 ....thats then 7months to get this!!!!

i hate putting things into perspective but these bloody days everything is concerned with "money + power" imo!!!!! and you have to be kinda careful!!!

naps

if i had money i would going crack on with my golf arches i think this weekend

why do you need money to fit these mate? if anything i think ud need £20 max for screws, glue etc?? or am i missing something?

its time i havent got!! :down:

i mean the wide arch kit lol if i had money i would get it lol. and i am going crack on with my golf arches

ohh, my apologies Joel, i miss understood!!!
glad the golf arches are coming along!!! they look good in your blog!!! (Y)

ive got time tomorrow for abit more progress on the arches!!! more spraying!! aslong as rain stays off fwn

napster

its that b##### yorkshire accent !
i think we should feed him some bable fish

Frank........haha..... :laugh: quite possibly!!!! i reckon he may like it though lol

sorry bout camera quality.......pic of 1 arch sprayed

Attachments

• DSC01511.JPG
    DSC01511.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 204
  • DSC01510.JPG
    DSC01510.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 194
here is one provisionally fitted ;) there is a gap but this wil be sorted when actually fitted

Attachments

• DSC01513.jpg
    DSC01513.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 242
  • DSC01517.jpg
    DSC01517.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 232
  • DSC01515.JPG
    DSC01515.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 241
  • DSC01516.JPG
    DSC01516.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 235
Looking good mate.
If i were you i wouldn't fit them until you've got spacers etc for the wheels though, it's gonna look weird else! Lol.

Looking good mate.
If i were you i wouldn't fit them until you've got spacers etc for the wheels though, it's gonna look weird else! Lol.

thanks! still require alot of time to spray the other 3 mate so should be alright timewise! got some quotes coming etc. im not in a rush to fit these, just some of my spare time will be used to spray these up! once thats done, ill need a day etc to fit them!!!

plus this crap weather isnt helping

Get yourself some dished 14" black minilites, would look just like your nismo alloys and fill out the arches too! Then hang onto your nismo rims.

Get yourself some dished 14" black minilites, would look just like your nismo alloys and fill out the arches too! Then hang onto your nismo rims.

its a good idea bud! altough id rather pay out for spacers / wheel hub adapters as i havent got those...where as i already have a set of alloys that i love you know mate!! i cant afford to pay out for new alloys really, depends on price though!!!! but then ill be paying for bearings with spacers, but wider wheels i wouldnt???

if i cant fill the arches just yet, im not going to worry!! people can take the mick :( etc but im not really worried :blush:

do you have any decent pics of the under side of your arches as i cant get mine to sit right on the bodywork, and as for the gap in the front bumper....what the hell is that for? cos its like that on mine too...

how you gonna fill it?

do you have any decent pics of the under side of your arches as i cant get mine to sit right on the bodywork, and as for the gap in the front bumper....what the hell is that for? cos its like that on mine too...

how you gonna fill it?

Ant.......as we have super s bumpers.....did you find a problem fitting your arches as i have has to cut into the bumper slightly? however i held these up to my old micra (with black normal bumpers) and it fitted better than it does on mine :( but..........all that is require is either pressure from a screw / rivt etc to hold it tight against the bumper, thats all mine needs.......or if you slightly trim down the right hand side that should make it fold in closer!!!

how the the back ones on yours?? the front underside wont fit against the arch...but the backs should as they have alonger / wider depth to them?

yeah, if i force it towards the bodywork they fit, but the arches on my car are of a larger diameter than the over arches..lol only slightly.

so ill have to cut into the bumper to get them to fit?...bugga.

erm

i think ill just get kristian to do it for me..lol

yeah, if i force it towards the bodywork they fit, but the arches on my car are of a larger diameter than the over arches..lol only slightly.

so ill have to cut into the bumper to get them to fit?...bugga.

i have cut a line only very so slightly (bout 4cms) into the very bottom of the bumper so that i can slide the bottom of the arch into it and get a lovely fit.....i had to cut into the bumper after i found out why the standard bumper fits it lovely and its due to having "no extra lip" compared to super s bumpers that do!!

solarice bonded his on, but did he use screws 1st i wonder?

im going to have a play once all are sprayed up etc!! or i have time to work on the front to decide what i need

yeah, i might take a closer look tomorrow and maybe even start to rivit them on...

ive got hundreds of rivets..lol

yeah, i might take a closer look tomorrow and maybe even start to rivit them on...

ive got hundreds of rivets..lol

so how have you fixed your so far? any screws in? glue somewhere? with the rivits...you going to filler them over and make it all smooth or have the rivits showing??

naaah, the rivits will be under the arch (on the lip) and ill leave them showin, i like the "this things modified for purpose not show" look you get on racing cars....

like an addition for racing rather than just an addition.

naaah, the rivits will be under the arch (on the lip) and ill leave them showin, i like the "this things modified for purpose not show" look you get on racing cars....

like an addition for racing rather than just an addition.

yeah but under the lip it really wont be visible except by looking up from the floor so thats a really good plan if i understand correctly......just the front "lips" dont reach the wheel arch? it also wont hold the "top / sides" tightly where you where saying about the gap??

this picture shows your theory of "this things modified for purpose not show" doesnt it which i agree i have no problem with as it looks lush with the screws / rivits showing!!

Attachments

• 04ver02.jpg
    04ver02.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 250
  • 04ver03.jpg
    04ver03.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 259
i think you will find that those are real nismo arches.... not the mulholland ones we have and fitting them like that is nigh on impossible.

but if i could, it would look awesome!

i think you will find that those are real nismo arches.... not the mulholland ones we have and fitting them like that is nigh on impossible.

but if i could, it would look awesome!

either way.....that march......and those arches showing the rivits / screw looks awesome imo!!!! so either way mate im sure ull figure out a way :p......the reason it works is that the rivits go all the way round the arches........so just fitting 1 or 2 onto the arches would look pretty bad.........

well this week at some point ill spray the rest!!!

thats not gonna work with the mulholland arches though, ill explain, to have a countersunk rivet there needs to be adiquate material on the rear of the arches to sink the rivets into. however on the mulholland ones there isnt, its just thin fibreglass. so if you drill a hole in the nismo arches they become a tunnel you can anchor the rivet against but the mullholand ones are just a hole.

heres a pic of what the nismo ones would be like around the rivet holes.

Attachments

• ___AA.JPG
    ___AA.JPG
    5.1 KB · Views: 188
Napster - got any more pics of that March?
Craig

Craig sorry late reply mate! yes i have :love:

nice wide arches mate! we all need a meet again guys!

cheers! yeah meet again is cool!

thats not gonna work with the mulholland arches though, ill explain, to have a countersunk rivet there needs to be adiquate material on the rear of the arches to sink the rivets into. however on the mulholland ones there isnt, its just thin fibreglass. so if you drill a hole in the nismo arches they become a tunnel you can anchor the rivet against but the mullholand ones are just a hole.

heres a pic of what the nismo ones would be like around the rivet holes.

i could see this problem maybe cropping up, if i was going down this route but wasnt sure. think your right though, they are on the thin side!! hummm.....think!!!!

Attachments

• 031230.jpg
    031230.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 237
  • march02.jpg
    march02.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 216
  • 060528.jpg
    060528.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 225
  • 061122_mls.jpg
    061122_mls.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 215
  • 04ver01.jpg
    04ver01.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 233
Not bad, that has helped decide my choice of wheel ;)
Wonder where the vent came from...

ummmm.....sounds interesting mate!!! you have wide arches? if you come across a website.....maybe possibly let me know?? thanks!

got more cans of spray for the arches so i can spray all of them tomorrow :love:

i would love a pic of how these are fitted as its realy peeeeeeeing me off not being able to fit them..GRRR

as Swiper has shown mate! and as you said about not for show etc then your not worried about the rivits showing? although u said about not having enough width to countersink, but u have Nismo arches?

i have two arches sprayed now :blush: or one side down

arches now all sprayed up :)
im going to swap the front and back alloys around and when i have the car jacked up i will mark out the holes for the rest of the arches

Attachments

• DSC01528.JPG
    DSC01528.JPG
    301.7 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC01529.JPG
    DSC01529.JPG
    305 KB · Views: 195
well as i had my tools out i fitted the front left arch aswell!
pictures dont do the arches justice imo

Attachments

• DSC01530.JPG
    DSC01530.JPG
    242.5 KB · Views: 184
  • DSC01531.JPG
    DSC01531.JPG
    320.2 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC01532.JPG
    DSC01532.JPG
    284.1 KB · Views: 175
  • DSC01533.jpg