• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Napster's SR MICRA

the facelift head lights are fully one part, one plastic surround for all of the light....doesnt that make the prefacelift the same? i thought the prefacelift was fully one part of plastic inside the headlight? lol

squarepants: whent removed the glass from the headlight, a part of plastic came with it....which was the bit inside i sprayed black which wrapped around the bottom of the main beam housing! its complicated!!

however...you tinted yours so you should know what im on about lol!!!??

prefacelift and facelift both have "two plastic bits" inside the headlight!
prefacelift being:
1. headlight + sidelight (joined)
2. indicator (seperate)

facelift being:
1. headlight (seperate)
2. sidelight + indicator (joined)

naps

in the facelift head lights theres only one bit of plastic (that surrounds all the light) it covers the side light, indicator and most of the light area if you get me?

i.e (below on ians and richs old car's) all the black painted part is all one bit of plastic! lol if that makes better sense.

Attachments

• 14b19cc7.jpg
    14b19cc7.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_0608.jpg
    IMG_0608.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 199
  • PICT0076.jpg
    PICT0076.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 222
Ivan, i saw James k11 with his new tinted headlights and you guys did an awesome job!!! they look very........INTENSE!!!! transform the car!!!

are you running "Eagle F1 tyres"???? if dont mind me asking?

Not tinted, sprayed matt black. The tyres are the best non-cut-slick tyres money can buy. Uniroyal RS1's. RS stands for Rainsport. I have them on my modded Almera GTI running about 150ish bhp and it does not spin on anything but the harshest of starts in the dry and are also awesome in the wet.

Ivan

sounds unbelievable Ivan / James :p although, you couldnt skip on grippy tyres when your running 200bhp (k11) / 150 bhp (GTi) ......so only the best!!!

arches fitting this week :love: (i say) still waiting on spacer parts :down: but tempted to fit them anyway as it shouldnt be to long!!!!

im still worried bout hubs / bearings giving in! perhaps im getting paranoid (for everyones safety) due the suspension is very stiff and the roads are not exactly......flat...infact........very bumpy!!! ....yeah im being silly, my apologies!!!!!

i cant really be worried to much or i wouldnt take it out lol!! will see how i get on, and how "green bug" feels!!!!

naps

Hi Frank
can you please explain how it will exactly soften the suspension? due to weight being moved from right underneath suspsenion strut??? allowing easier compression of springs?

napster

there will be more leverage on the front (the relation of the pivot on the chassis to the bottom of the strut and the extended tyre footprint, tho it will make the steering slightly heavier and the clearance on full lock tighter)
the rear will be unaffected

thank you very much mate!!!!!

how would it affect clearance full lock?! apologies but brain is definately not working!

do the tinted headlights fail mot napster?

i feel the term "tinted" is the wrong word! they are not tinted.....the inside is sprayed black! i have not covered the glass!!!

the reflectiveness within the indicators housing block may be less.......i honestly dont know for sure Joel! plus some MOT stations may miss it, other may pick it up!

yearh i just say that ''the inside of my head lights are painted black'' i carnt really say that they will pass the MOT as i dont know until next month! it should be diffrent for yours tho (i think) as the facelift headlight inside plastic covers, cover the sidelights....so may fail on side lights not beening reflective engough, but then agian they work fine when they are on, so may pass as far as iam aware! lol the only thing it will fail on is the front cross member! (the old micra that is, as my new one has had a new cross member not long back (kristians old one of the wide arch..lol yellow overspray, also got his old shocks and springs with added yellow overspary :p))

I fitted the arches today :love: sorted out the extra space at the front bumper by sanding them down more!!!

got some photos on the way to the garage before i pressure washered her!! then some after when she was clean!!

i got some looks driving around today!!! im so peased how the arches have come out and changed the look of the car!!

weather was so lush here i had to go and take some photos!!!

Attachments

• PICT0117.jpg
    PICT0117.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 215
  • PICT0119.jpg
    PICT0119.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 220
  • PICT0118.jpg
    PICT0118.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 197
  • PICT0115.jpg
    PICT0115.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 215
  • PICT0114.jpg
    PICT0114.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 187
  • PICT0113.jpg
    PICT0113.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 216
  • PICT0112.jpg
    PICT0112.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 250
  • PICT0111.jpg
    PICT0111.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 203
  • PICT0110.jpg
    PICT0110.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 227
  • PICT0109.jpg
    PICT0109.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 206
  • PICT0120.jpg
    PICT0120.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 205
  • PICT0121.jpg
    PICT0121.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 214
  • PICT0122.jpg
    PICT0122.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 233
thanks Robert!! took all morning to fit but well worth it!!

awesome bout the fog lights!!! thats a long time!!

Yeah, one of the mounts on mt SS bumper sheared - very annoying!

Naps, I likw the look of that, how have you fixed them, just screws on the inside lip of the arch?
Also, when do you get your spacers, will make it look even better!

Craig

Thanks Craig!!! yeah cant wait to go wider! finish her off! just screws holding them on!!

ordering the remaining spacers very soon and going to go to "micra sport" as they sell 60mill studs which is just right!!!!

i think im going to take the rear splitter off as i feel it needs to change from "boy racer" to "rallye look"!!! may replace it with splitter the same as front or maybe my custom splitter im still making lol!!

cheers Frank!!! yeah they fit just sweet now! rears where so much easier than the fronts!!

spacers a definate........but colour coded rims??

Nah, keep the rims nie and dark - they look really, really wide at the back - I wonder what it would look like with some nice 'rally' mudflaps, could go either way IMO.

How sturdy are they?
Craig

Nah, keep the rims nie and dark - they look really, really wide at the back - I wonder what it would look like with some nice 'rally' mudflaps, could go either way IMO.

How sturdy are they?
Craig

im not getting rid of the Nismo alloys, dont you worry!!! i like them far to much mate!!
i was thinking bout mud flaps!!! what colour?? green?? black?? those are my colour schemes??

they are very secure! they require the wheels to be removed to get them off! if someone where to try and steal them....they would snap and be useless!! so.......im cofident they wont fall off?? why??

they dont flap about while driving if thats what you mean?

Looking good Naps. Just sort ya exhaust and spacers (or better still mega offset wide wheels) and she'll be sweet,

Ivan

Looking good Naps. Just sort ya exhaust and spacers (or better still mega offset wide wheels) and she'll be sweet,

Ivan

Thanks Ivan! what you recommend, regarding exhaust? bigger? or something else?
im not going to get another set of wider alloys so im getting spacers!

naps

im not getting rid of the Nismo alloys, dont you worry!!! i like them far to much mate!!
i was thinking bout mud flaps!!! what colour?? green?? black?? those are my colour schemes??

they are very secure! they require the wheels to be removed to get them off! if someone where to try and steal them....they would snap and be useless!! so.......im cofident they wont fall off?? why??

they dont flap about while driving if thats what you mean?

Fair enough, any chance you ould get some pics of the inside of the arch - would be interested to see how it's all fixed and clearence etc.

I can't decide whether to mould or to screw...

Fair enough, any chance you ould get some pics of the inside of the arch - would be interested to see how it's all fixed and clearence etc.

I can't decide whether to mould or to screw...

apologies Craig for not getting you those pictures you where after sooner!!! ASAP i promise (probs to night or tomorrow morning; sorry)

you hiding a secret for your k11 :laugh: mate??

well depends if you have time to mould!!! Solarice has done an awesome job smoothing his in and looking fantastic! i didnt have the time and i actually like them as they are on mine but thats me!! maybe future plans would consist of smoothing but i will have to see!!!

i can pm you the procedure i have been through to get them to fit lovely?? im going to send Ant a message on how i fitted them as he wanted to know!!!

sorry again!
naps

yeah naps, looking sweet...seems to be a very nice fit up front...good to hear they dont move about when driving, as thats one thing i was unsure about (the air getting in underneath the fronts)

Cheers Solarice mate! yeah sanded the fronts down, very carefully lol! kept cheaking every 5seconds to make sure i didnt over do it and ruin them lol!!!

no they are very secure and happy with the fit / outcome!

any luck with your wider wheel hunt if dont mind me asking?

lol, yeah you spend more time checking than sanding them dont you :D

still on the prowl tbh...trying to sort wide wheels with hardly any money isnt a good combination lol.

haha.....yeah i bet lol! sorry your funds are not high for your project at the moment! a huge shame if im honest! dragonfly will be ready shortly though :)

yup i hope very soon...im taking the look that low funds enhances creativity lmao...ive got my sc plates on order so i can finalise the intake side of things, plus a load of little bits...but i'll leave that there as this is your blog :D will be updating mine shortly with new pics.

Naps, as your going for the 'rally slag' look I'd recommend a cat back, inwardly rolled tailpipe no bigger than 3 inch.

Ivan

Naps, as your going for the 'rally slag' look I'd recommend a cat back, inwardly rolled tailpipe no bigger than 3 inch.

Ivan

Ivan that made me crack up :grinning: lol! ive already got the "OMP Competition de-cat Exhaust" which is 40mil pipe in diameter, with a 2.5" tip(i think), which im more than happy with! im not someone for huge exhausts..........???

have you sorted out spacers for this mate? sure ive got some in my spare room!!

Stew.......im still working on the spacer side of things mate!!! ive got 1 25mil at the moment, but trying to go for 50mil!

im guessing by looking at your lovely cream k11, you used 25mil spacers??
how much?

thanks

going to micrasport shop today to see about these 63mil studs!

Craig, i know this may not show exactly what you wanted so i can take some more?
the first 2pics are of the front arch and the otehr 2 are the rears as the rear arches have more of a "inner lip"!!

so the front arches dont sit on the wing arch but the rears do....if you see?

Attachments

• PICT0123.jpg
    PICT0123.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 176
  • PICT0124.jpg
    PICT0124.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 185
  • PICT0125.jpg
    PICT0125.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 203
  • PICT0126.jpg
    PICT0126.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 183
problem i feel :(

the rear wheels.....if they are made wider using spacers they will sit under the rear arch and the new arches!.......however i feel there is not enough room to play with!! more like go over a bump and the wheel hits the arch and.........who knows what will happen........slash in tyre......brake mulhullond arch...........ohhhh!!!!! :(

i didnt want to trim the rear quater panel arch? any suggestions?
or am i worring over nothing again

Ah, I see - they aren't screwed/up against thearch thewhole way round, interesting.

Any, yes, I've got plenty f secrets for my car ;)

the rears have got a screw in the top, to tighten them flush against the arch but the fronts only have a couple in the bottom and sides!

secret plans.........NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! lol

###### mate. Thought you'd already chopped your steel arches. Nearly all cars have to be done when going wide. The 200 and 300 boys deffo do as I've seen a few done.

Ivan

the cutting of the arches is actualy quite easy, its quite heart redering lol, you get templates for the cut out's, what you have to do is cut the outer arch away(using the templates ), but leaving the inner arch in place, then you have to cut up the inner arch to where you have cut the outer arch off, then fold the inner arch out and weld it to the outer arch for strength, you will see what i mean in the first pic of my thread, the bits that stick out of my arches is actually the inner arch bent out

fully underseal the cuts and the weld

actually fitting the arches is not too bad if you know what to cut off to make them fit, unfortunately i didnt take any pics as to what to cut off, it only took me, my dad and peter from pps about a day in all to cut the arches and fit the kit, (when say day i mean about 12 hours)

there is a lot of fibre glass that you have to cut away from the arch kit to make them fit, but once that is sorted, its a matter of linging them up prefitting them with self tappers and fitting the rest of the kit to see if it fits before gluing (use fibrol) to the car

archescut003.jpg

Copied from the 300zx club forum.

Ivan

Ah, I think I get it, separate it at the bottom seam, cut the outer (painted) part of the arch away to get teh shape, then fold the inner arch upwards and outwards - is that why there are 'tabs' in the inner arch as there isn't enough material to fold out fully?
Craig

Ivan: thanks for the heads up although i knew a while back this would probably have been the case :( .........great fun!!

im going to remove the rear splitter and replace it with the front splitter thats on the car now. then the custom one im making will go on the front! this should look abit better but only time will tell!

Back