Micro Micra & Maxi Micra projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone :)

It has been a long time since i have visited Micra.org.uk so i thought i just wanted to pop in again.

I have gathered together the 2 project cars threads into my own homepage for all Micra owners to enjoy and watch.

Check under the menu ; " prosjekter " and you will find both the Micro Micra and the Maxi Micra there to read.
Even in English as som many Micra fans all over the world have requested.

The " Micro Micra " has run several years now without as much as a hick-up on nothing.
Runs perfect all day long , being used as a everyday driven car and has great mileage AND outperforms any other Micra 1.0 all day long :)

The " Maxi Micra " hs also run several years now and i am continuing this project now after getting a son last year that took a lot of time getting the hang of ( again ) :)
The Maxi is a fantastic car that keeps on amazing me almost on a daily basis.
It too has run PERFECT for so many km now that i have started to belive in the Nissan angels :)
It nevers stops , blows the heck out of quite a few car in track sessions and i am using it as a daily driver as well.
Even in 30 cm of snow here in Norway.
Engine runs perfect. Revs easily to 9000 rpm every time yoy like and,,,well it is a great little car.

So have a look into the page and dig into the Micro and Maxi projects !

I will continue to update the Maxi thread as quite a lot new has happened and the numbers keep going upwards..

Keep smiling and greetings from Ebbdude :)

Just read through both threads for the first time and wow, some good stuff going on there!

Going to have a read of them when I finish work, I only ever looked at the pictures of what you were doing lol

Velkommen tilbake EBB ;)

More technical information within your thread updates to support the photos and less posts asking people to keep guessing things, will keep the threads cleaner and more concise. Simple factual additions will turn the tread into more useful information for people to understand and use the information for future projects of their own.

Reactions: Ed
Alot of people missed reading your posts welcome back

So glad to have you back :D We were even talking that recently on the australian Micra forum with Frank :) Welcome back !

I appreciate all your positive feedback and hope that some of the material on the webpage : http://www.ebbt.no/
would be of interest and hopefully the Micro Micra and Maxi Micra projects in there will live on forever :)

Will update some stuff in the near future.

EBB

i want more updates to the threads! loved reading every bit of your threads. Welcome back EBB :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Just want to say thanks to all who have looked into the projcets ; " Micro & Maxi Micra" on my page : www.ebbt.no
i am amazed to see that there are many thousands who has looked it up in just a few days.
Goes to show that a Micra is interesting even though it is just a " granny " car.
Hipp Hipp Hurra for the Micras !
:)

Another update is loaded into the Maxi Micra project page :

http://www.ebbt.no/

Check under " prosjekter " and Maxi Micra project.

This time i find something interesting and will in the near future share a small " secret " with you :)

Another update is loaded into the Maxi Micra project page :

Check under " prosjekter " and Maxi Micra project.

This time i find something interesting and will in the near future share a small " secret " with you :)

Excellent! Now you will start to encounter other interesting 'secrets' about the CG engine ;)

Well for all of you who like the " Japs " ,,, i am currently introducing another new project car on my webpage :

Check out the " prosjekter " on the left menu and look for : " EBB`s Yoda"

I promise some pretty cool stuff there in the future....

Of course you can also look in at the same menu chooice for the : " Maxi Micra " and the former " Micro Micra " projects as well.

Keep smiling :=

Just putting the parts into a hydraulic press and squeeze away with a few tons here and there :

By reading this it looks easy as anyone can do it in its garage :D Good work as always ! Waiting for the EBB Dyno results !

i would run em over in reverse, get some squeeze crunch going on :)
dont hurt me,,,,i was only kidiiiiiiiiiing

New update on my webpage on the Maxi Micra project :

Look in " prosjekter " ----> Maxi Micra.

Now the DIY 4-2-1 Exhaust header is finished for you to see. Result is pure Christmas :)

Also added some high performance parts for Micras under menu choice : " Til salgs " ( for sale )

Ebbdude.

Looks good. I wish I'd not sold my manifold now :oops:

Let us know what the gains are once you've dyno'd it.

ex23.jpg

I think the EBB throttle body plate would sell great if you mass produced them !

Thanks for looking in all :)
There are realy many Micra enthusiast out there according to the stats of the page and that is nice to see :)

There will be some new power numbers for the exhaust manifold modification so just be patient.

Ebbdude

There are realy many Micra enthusiast out there according to the stats of the page and that is nice to see :)

MSC confirms that all the time. This site has not been around for 13 years for nothing...

Well ED , i was referring to the stats of my own webpage and the incredible numbers of Micra fans visiting it :)

Nice to see that the projects are in the "zone" for many enthusiasts :)

I'm interested in the next update to see what Maxi produces and to see if you discover the special 'secret' about Maxi on your Dynapack. It's been almost 2 years and it's still undiscovered ;)

No Mr Ed , i am presenting the Maxi and Micro Micra`s features as you locked the threads , so that people wouldnt be able to comment in them . that i was earlier presenting them in here at MSC :)
That is why you now find them at my website.o_O

@Low Rider
There are many secrets still to revealed and the function of the Dynapack is not included as those who know how it works knows it is not a secret as you might or imagine yourselves that there iso_O

@Low Rider
There are many secrets still to revealed and the function of the Dynapack is not included as those who know how it works knows it is not a secret as you might or imagine yourselves that there iso_O

When the next update is published I will reveal it for all to see and we will see if you agree ;)

Well , if you need even one more update then i would say you doesnt sound to sure about your secreto_O

One thing is for certain , there will be many more updates werre you can search some more for your secret :)

Well , if you need even one more update then i would say you doesnt sound to sure about your secreto_O

One thing is for certain , there will be many more updates werre you can search some more for your secret :)

I am sure with 100% certainty :rolleyes: Just seeing if you have discovered anything new since your last update, (since it's been such a long time) ;)

No Mr Ed , i am presenting the Maxi and Micro Micra`s features as you locked the threads , so that people wouldnt be able to comment in them . that i was earlier presenting them in here at MSC :)
That is why you now find them at my website.o_O

Perhaps who ever locked the threads will very kindly unlock them please? it seems rather odd to me that someone should find the need to lock them in the first place o_O a bit of continuity would be good, and after all a forum is only any good when you have decent people posting interesting threads.

@Low Rider

Oki Mr Low Rider i will help you out a bit on your " secret " :
Wasnt planning to respond and use time on this but ill make an exeption for you :)

It is obvious for me what You are trying to do here and your are not the first one ..
What you have hooked you attention onto is quite normal and as i use to say :
" get in line your turn will come" :)

When you look at the left hand screen pictures of the Nm curves / readouts for the Maxi Micra measurements you will see that they state : " Flywheel torque ".

I belive this is you " secret " ?

This number is not the actual flywheel torque but the screen default determined by Dynapack. ( producers of Dynapack that is ).

it could just as easily have said : "Torque divided by final gear ratio".

This is a discussion very familiar , in fact on weekly basis even at Dynapacks own customers...
Actually a so often debated issue that Dynapack has changed the actual readout on the screens just to release some peoples nerves...ha ha.

The number is nothing more than Hub torque : final gear ratio = advertised flywheel torque.
So if lets say for example that you measure a hub torque at 2500 Nm ( yes you read right ) and your gear ratio is 4,50 : 1 final drive ratio then your " flywheel " torque is
2500Nm : 4,50 = 555,55 Nm.

This number is NOT corrected for drivetrain losses as you can see as TCF
( total correction factor) on the screen can be read as 1.00 in the Dynapack program.

If you wanted to add 15 % drivetrain losses as a number you would have seen that the TCF would say 1.15.
But knowing what i know about drivetrain losses it is impossible to stipulate any general number , percentage or coefficient so hence the persistent use of TCF 1.00 to get the most steady and undiscussable numbers on the measurements. ( in this way you cant cheat on the Dynapack numbers and that is good for the customers , or ?)

So therefore you could say that showing the Maxi Micras torques numbers like shown is not correct regarding true flywheel numbers. ( as they are in fact different at " real " flywheel since we havent taken into consideration the actual losses from the wheels back to the flywheel through the gearbox bla bla bla )

What do you think , would the actual Nm at the " real " flywheel on the Maxi Micra be higher ?
Think well before you answer...

If you have read my almost absolutely first part of my project thread you would have read that i will ONLY give out numbers as HUB Ps and Flywheel torque@ 1.oo TCF.

Meaning that all numbers of torque ( Nm ) that you see in the Maxi ( and Micro Micra ) projects are in fact different ( at real flywheel position ) as shown. But they are the true and correct wheel torques.

As i have stated earlier i will not start or participate in a endless discussion regarding drivetrain losses or issues connected to that extremely complicated mathematically eruption .

My only intention is to show the actual numbers measured at the wheels ( or hub of you like )and nothing else. Keeping it with the Dynapack as only referent is mainly to get repetable and accurate reference data to work with in the development of the projects , thats all :)

Ebbdude.

To clarify, both Micro and Maxi threads were closed due to EBB leaving the forums back at the end of 2010 and consequently both blogs having no updates.

EBB has now started his own blog on his own website, so there is no reason to re-open things here. Any discussions or questions can either be done on this thread or via PM.

@Low Rider

Oki Mr Low Rider i will help you out a bit on your " secret " :
Wasnt planning to respond and use time on this but ill make an exeption for you :)

It is obvious for me what You are trying to do here and your are not the first one ..
What you have hooked you attention onto is quite normal and as i use to say :
" get in line your turn will come" :)

Ebbdude.

Irrespective of what Dynapak may or may not include in their default calibrations, this does not provide a suitable excuse for operator error. It was highlighted as a number of forum members didn't understand the data in the way it was presented.

@Low Rider
As you said , i have re-opened the project threads on my own web-page so that nobody can CLOSE them as a result of their own descicion.
i might tell You that i have received many mails and pms of why the threads were closed as so many told me that they found them interesting and leraningsful to read , even if there were a break in the material presented they wanted to give comments ect.

But as always someone has the " power " to decide what other should read or reply to so thats all fine for me.
The Maxi Micra thread on my web page has been seen by many thousands clicks already so that just proves my point im am afraid...

Keep smiling and keep on looking at the Maxi Micra project and you will probably find even more " secrets " to share with us :)

I do....

Ebbdude.

This thread is closed for now for the following reasons:

1, non constructive discussion (ego bashing)
2, the project can be followed elsewhere, for those interested.
3, seen it all before and quite frankly its boring. The dangle the carrot in front of your audience all the time but never actually give away any details. Its unnecessary and harms development within the community. Example of how it should be done is Frank, although I may not agree with his methods sometimes he does openly share everything he does.

As regards to the old threads. They were locked as they fizzled out.

I'm sure this wont please some here, and I apologise for that, but I hope you can understand why.

Cheers,

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back