TOST - The Official Spam Thread

Fishing today :)
Well I was spectating but has been a great day!

Managed to get sun burnt but only down ONE SIDE of my face :-(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

IMG00486_zpsd5b3f333.jpg

Does anybody else tend to find other modified cars parked next to theirs even tho there are loads of other spaces :rolleyes:

Good news and bad news today. Good news...I had a phone call offering me a job after having interviewed for it yesterday, Bad news....I had to turn it down :( I'm absolutely gutted but it was a zero hour contract and having spent many hours on the internet and the phone to various government agencies it transpires that due to my situation there is no way I could make a zero hour contract work :(

^I hate zero hour contracts...load of crap <_<
When I left my job just before Christmas my manager asked me (practically begged me) to come back a few times

"...I'll put you on a zero hour contract Jen...less stress and all that" LOL
...that wasn't the problem!!!!!! >_<

the zero hour contracts were what caused most of the problems *facepalm*
'cause of the way the labour % ratio was calculated :rolleyes:...idiots... it's the company's fault not my manager but she needed..actually still needs... to tell the company to shove their percentage calculation where the sun don't shine because they're wrong and ruin the working environment etc... <_<

...sorry ...rant over... :p

t'is a shame though Ade...if only it was 15 or 20 hours contracted...at least.... something? :(

...next one, yeah? ;)

^I hate zero hour contracts...load of crap <_<
When I left my job just before Christmas my manager asked me (practically begged me) to come back a few times

"...I'll put you on a zero hour contract Jen...less stress and all that" LOL
...that wasn't the problem!!!!!! >_<

the zero hour contracts were what caused most of the problems *facepalm*
'cause of the way the labour % ratio was calculated :rolleyes:...idiots... it's the company's fault not my manager but she needed..actually still needs... to tell the company to shove their percentage calculation where the sun don't shine because they're wrong and ruin the working environment etc... <_<

...sorry ...rant over... :p

t'is a shame though Ade...if only it was 15 or 20 hours contracted...at least.... something? :(

...next one, yeah? ;)
Lol

signature...please ignore anything I say...when using my phone it is either bad grammar or rubbish spelling.

Zero hour contracts are the worst thing ever. I was an xmas temp at Toys R Us this year and I applied to be kept on. They keep me on and in 8 weeks I have no work whatsoever... Ditched them now and work elsewhere. Evil things, they should be against the law.

I can see zero hour contracts could work well for some people, ie Dad works full time, kids of school age, then a few hours as and when for Mum would be ok but it so doesn't work for a single person as a sole income :( Totally for the employers benefit rather than the employees :mad:
Apologies if the stereotypical Dad and Mum scenarios upset anybody :rolleyes:

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a zero-hour contract?
Exactly as it sounds. You are 'employed' by a company but they don't guarantee any hours, just call you up as and when they need you. So you only get paid when you're working. No redundancy pay if they finish you they just dont give you any hours, as they're contracted to do! lol

I can see zero hour contracts could work well for some people, ie Dad works full time, kids of school age, then a few hours as and when for Mum would be ok but it so doesn't work for a single person as a sole income :( Totally for the employers benefit rather than the employees :mad:
Apologies if the stereotypical Dad and Mum scenarios upset anybody :rolleyes:

I think the only other employee that zero hours works well for are those at uni college (picking up the odd hours here and there) and people who don't like any form of commitment LOL
I remember one girl I worked with (she was on zero) called in to say she couldn't come in, or just didn't bother to show, so much it was daft (she'd much rather go out and get drunk the night before)
...but she was on a zero hour contract, so the company couldn't actually say that she was wrong to not do the hours....she had no contractual obligation to do them LOL
...she didn't show up for nearly 5 weeks...so my manager eventually just took her off payroll :rolleyes: she never did much work when she did show up anyhow :p

It must work for some, the job that I got (?????) lol was in the NHS and according to a report (thanks to the freedom of information act) there is approaching 100,000 NHS employees on ZHC's! :eek: Apparently all told there are approximately 200,000 people on ZHC's :mad:

I'm on a ZHC working in a hotel... Started with very little hours and now 3 years on I'm doing about 45 hours a week and in a position where I get the bulk of shifts... So they do work if your willing to stick at it.

I'm on a ZHC working in a hotel... Started with very little hours and now 3 years on I'm doing about 45 hours a week and in a position where I get the bulk of shifts... So they do work if your willing to stick at it.
I appreciate that but living alone with bills coming in relentlessly I can't afford to 'stick at it' Gotta be doing full time immediately :(

I appreciate that but living alone with bills coming in relentlessly I can't afford to 'stick at it' Gotta be doing full time immediately :(
I know exactly what you mean Ade i had nothing at one point couldn't afford the bus so used to cycle 12 miles to work for a nightshift and then 12 miles back home living on tesco instant noodles :/ but 'sticking at it' worked in the end.

I know exactly what you mean Ade i had nothing at one point couldn't afford the bus so used to cycle 12 miles to work for a nightshift and then 12 miles back home living on tesco instant noodles :/ but 'sticking at it' worked in the end.
Yes...its never ending loll

signature...please ignore anything I say...when using my phone it is either bad grammar or rubbish spelling.

I also did the cycling to work bit but as I'm no spring chicken it almost killed me! :oops:

Today marks 19 years since Ayrton Senna died at Imola.

Here's a Top Gear tribute that really sums up everything he was about. I wish I had the oppurtunity to see him drive.

i watched him go from 4th to 1st in 1 lap in the wet at donnington once :cool:
i could,nt believe how f/kin loud the cars were !
Theres a film in there shows him do 5th to 1st... thats pretty tough in games nevermind reality with all the extra **** that goes on!

Today marks 19 years since Ayrton Senna died at Imola.

Here's a Top Gear tribute that really sums up everything he was about. I wish I had the oppurtunity to see him drive.

I tried to watch that.. Got to the part where he's talking and stopped. Too sad. I wasn't even alive when he died (I'm 1996) and god. Tears in my eyes. My hero.

Any decent apps for 0-60 timing?
You could try something like Ulysse digital speedo app. Got it on my HTC and according to speedo in car it's pretty accurate. Its available free so its worth a try, has 0-60, HUD and some other functions. Worth a look eh? ;)

Looking to buy a set of door hinges for Layla, off a first facelift K11. Would they still fit on Layla, even though she's a second facelift?
I'm sure they're the same, Just checking :).

I put secondhand prefaclift door hinges on my other facelift. It's work. :)
Awesome thanks mate. Anyone else notice their door handles to be brittle? I'm so worried I'm going to rip them off... Anyone got any ideas as to how to solve this?

Yeah, that's where I got the idea of new hinges from, and park next to a kerb, effectively jacking up the door.
Thanks, I'm also on my phone :p.

akina.jpg

Been on the Initial D hype lately, especially after dougys amazing 86 tofu wagon replica. Contemplating getting a couple of these made up. :D

Edit: Found a picture of my old K11 with them on :D Next to this Nismo sticker at the rear
6ZQpqpH.jpg

My dad sent me that as a text this morning. I decided not to send it to my phonebook, might confuse a few who don't know I have their numbers....

Back