• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Solarice's Project.

lol, even if i said yes you wouldnt be able to get it off easily, the stuff ive bonded it on with is crazy :laugh:

lucky im gonna say no though eh ;)

will post a pic of the wheels when they get here. :)

Whoop! they've arrived...and oh how im pleased :D I was a bit confused by the boxes they came in as they arent Hayashi wheels (thought id recieved the wrong ones lol) but i guess they put them in what they had available. (Y)

Anyways pics below, let me know what you think...and lets hope they fit :laugh:

Attachments

• Solarice-NewDelivery.JPG
    Solarice-NewDelivery.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 385
  • Solarice-Wheels.JPG
    Solarice-Wheels.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 428
  • Solarice-WheelCloseUp.JPG
    Solarice-WheelCloseUp.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 411
not really...cant decide if to stretch them slightly, or go chunky...so will start deciding that, then i can workout what i need to achieve it :)

yeah squarepants i agree (i love the stretched look), but i fear you'd hear the screams if i curbed them :laugh:

Just had a quick test fit on the back...and they sit slightly inside, but should be close enough to where i want them (i may space then a couple mm's will decide later), havent been able to test fit the fronts as id need to move a bunch of stuff first to get in...

couple of pics for you's, but as you'll see its very hard to tell in the pics where they sit...garage isnt wide enough to get a better angle either unfortunatly.

Plus side is you can see just how shiny they are :D non stop polishing me thinks.

Attachments

• Solarice-WheelTestFit1.JPG
    Solarice-WheelTestFit1.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 424
  • Solarice-WheelTestFit2.jpg
    Solarice-WheelTestFit2.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 412
your car is the car i wanted mine to be when i started, but money and time has made me go in a slightly different direction... i still get wood everytime i see your car..

modded im on it ;)

squarepants i reckon your wheels look pretty sweet and suit the car...

Antony, where its at now...is nowhere near where it was supposed to be :D as it was meant to be engine only. :eek: ...but it had to go this way, and so far im glad it did.

Not sure how much the cars changed since youve seen it tbh :)

Nex...no you bloody can't :laugh: and i got them from Japan...

cheaper tyres..lol

one reason yes :)

well finally got around to test fitting the fronts...as i suspected when i looked at the hub contact sufaces, i need spacers :( but only looking at maybe 1 or 2 mm's so nothing expensive needed...i may just buy a few so i can play around with 1mm increments, so i can get as close to illegal as possble / get the stance correct without causing myself issues. :)

another downside is that after i spent ages painting my calipers, you now cant really see them apart from two white fingers through the gap, which is typical, but i can live with it and i certainly wouldnt sell the wheels because of it lol.

On a more :D :D side of things, they look soooo nice. With those wheels on though, my current neg 2 of camber is ermm how should i say...noticable, so i may have to reduce it slightly...which i'll join some of you's in going booooo. lol.

in other news, finished making a little bracket/shelf for the engine bay, so there one less thing wobbling about the place... (Y)

i think, dare i say it, maybe running out of little things to do :eek:

ive given it a drive in NA as few times and its good fun :D ...though that was minus the new wheels of course. Ive got a few other things to sort out in the engine bay before it can be started up again...then apart from mapping its vitually done.

Could have gone wider mate I reckon. You'll need to go chunky on that width to get any grip with that engine setup.

Ivan

Yeah i know what you mean...im planning now to go with a chunky tyre instead of stretched, so should be a good compromise. :)

dunno when the next update will be, as ive gotta help sort other stuff out at the moment...things may get done, if only to keep my mind busy.

Well nothing much has happened lately for a few differing reasons...but theres an update, nothing special tbh, but as im planning on fitting a catch tank and didnt want a load of pipes hanging around. I decided to get a few bits of pipe and connect up the two breathers...so i can fit the catch tank in the only spare space in the engine bay :D and keep it looking fairly neat.

It still needs scruffing up / antiquing a bit so it matches the cam cover...but apart from that it seems ok and should hopefully do the job without causing any problems :)

Attachments

• Solarice-OilCatchPipework.jpg
    Solarice-OilCatchPipework.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 554
chris i love it fella really nice i have to come over some time to see how far it has come since i last seen it and you can see my new beast

Nice use of copper ;) Are you sure that the filter can be put that way up, I've seen some relocation kits that advise against doing it that way?

Craig

It was going to be aluminium, but copper was easier to sort out in the end :)

kenny just give me a shout (PM or Email if you want a reply lol cos at the moment my phones got no money on it :( ) and can sort out when you wanna have a spy of the car :) -- guessing its only engine bits that will have changed since you last saw it.)

Yeah i think the oil filter should be ok (its had maybe 30miles on it since fitting), its fitted in the location and in the way it was described in the fitting instructions (i would assume Trust/Greddy would know whats best :S). Theres always oil in it and it heats up pretty quickly, so it doesnt seem to be having any ill effects, but i guess it may make the oil pump work harder?

...some ive seen are mounted sideways near the front of the car, but id figured that was to make it easy for the oil cooler fitment kit.

what were the reasons given for avoiding that mounting style? you've got me curious :)

I don't know 100% TBH, but it may have something to do with the bypass valve in the filter, IIRC it flos from outside to inside & when the pressure difference is too great (i.e. filter full of crud) the bypass opens up ensuring thatyou don't get too much pressure/starvation or whatever.

Craig

P.S. sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs here

lol, nah craig dont worry (never investigated filter positioning etc) :D ah well so far no probs...but its worthy of keeping an eye on, ive got gauges for oil pressure and temp (attached just below the filter) so will see what happens as the car is used more...im planning on more frequent oil/filter changes anyway, so they may balance out......possibly :laugh:

Decided to make some noise with it at the weekend (as its sat quiet for a few weeks), sounds so lovely :D though it helps if you ignore the stumbling that the overfueling 1.6 injectors are causing (ive only tweaked the idle fueling with the emanage for now).

I don't think oil filter will be a prob mate. The one on my Almera is mounted that way up as standard and that has the same valve in it.

Ivan

I don't think oil filter will be a prob mate. The one on my Almera is mounted that way up as standard and that has the same valve in it.

Ivan

(Y) good good...will watch it anyway :) ...dont suppose that means i can blame you if i break it, does it :laugh:

nearly...will be looking at next year, when mapping should be under control (its to cold at the moment to try mapping it, especially with no windows in :D )

Turns out its looking like i need to space my front wheels by 1mm (smaller than i first thought), to make sure i dont have any caliper interference...which isnt so bad.

Will just get some laser cut, as i cant seem to find any 1mm ones...plus i can get them made for the micras hub (ive already go the cad drawing done), will be checking cost shortly so if anyone is wanting any give me a shout, they will be non hubcentric so i guess anything upto 4mm should suit the micra hubs while keeping space for hub rings to help support the wheel properly.

a few other small bits have been getting done, but nothing worth mentioning tbh.

its just the potential issue of the spacer center bore vs the micra bore vs the spigot/hub ring i need to fit...as ive got a feeling the spigot/hub ring will want to fall inside a universal spacer and end up not doing its job properly.

hub centrics only at start 10mm iirc...which puts my wheels outside the arches iirc. :) 5mm is the max id go, but that leaves to little hub lip for the wheel/ring to rest on.

so the lower the better really :)

Hope you've all had a good christmas. :) and ive decided to give a little update.

Heat protected the main induction pipes that run over the engine, so hopefully should get very little heat soak now, as the pipes before just on idle were getting pretty warm.

Been sorting out the final few bits, as got a couple of them for christmas...so will be trying to get it on boost very soon as theres pretty much nothing to put on any more, its just mapping and a few little tweaks. :)

will just need to wrap up to keep the cold out, cos im not putting the side windows back in just to have to remove them for paint :D.

Will be interesting to see what it does / how it feels...aswell finding out how hard doing a road map is, fingers crossed there may even be a decent progress update to this blog...

i look forward to seeing this running and i herd about when it went for its mot with the del sol lol wish i was there as my friend paul seen you going to get it mot`d

i herd about when it went for its mot with the del sol lol wish i was there as my friend paul seen you going to get it mot`d

First time the car had been properly ran aswell :D

The car was still fairly relaxed during that aswell (had to keep backing off - I was within the speed limit though folks) :) ...weight difference would have been a canny factor, as mine at that point had a fair fews bits still out and the sol had two people in it plus at its stock weight...still a good laugh.

yea but what did the mot guy say as well lol i would have wee`d my self laughing
it was my mate with the green del sol he knows ya bro called del boy on jne

Back