• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Porks bike carbs and boost project

Yep although I would have thought you could achieve as good with a small turbo for low down then a bigger one for mid to top?

Either way he's got a supercharger now so its a bit late throw biturbos in the mix. The plumbing (inlet side) would be similar tho

So these match to the manifold , which is good.

If I were to swap to fuel injection, bare with me now, would these be ok to use ? They are In good condition, supposedly everything works..... £20

ra3edeje.jpg

Il have to check later, the mrs weren't happy I was at workshop playing on Xmas eve lol

So the general opinion, is these will
Be ok.......better than the carbs ;)

What other components should I be looking for for conversion?

Il have to check later, the mrs weren't happy I was at workshop playing on Xmas eve lol

So the general opinion, is these will
Be ok.......better than the carbs ;)

What other components should I be looking for for conversion?
just a pump really mate, i ran my ghetto setup on 30psi fuel pressure for months

you need a crank position sensor, a maf or map sensor, a throttle position sensor and I believe an air temp sensor

Well those throttle bodies will probably already have a tps on it... and I think you can use the signal from the cg dizzy to give crank position... and MS has a map built in...

megasquirt also has 3d sparkmap aswell...
(I'm not trying to push megasquirt on you, just makes sense to have a faor comparison between nistune and megasquirt and let you decide on the merits of both :) )

Megasquirt would get my vote as well, just need to mount a trigger wheel and sensor, you can calibrate the current sensors ( water temp etc) to suit the ms. it also means you can ditch the dizzy then.

Although if you can get the signal from the cg dizzy to work it'll save you money eh, and no fancy custom installs ;)

So he's 2 options
- CG ecu with nistune means finding a pre nats loom and ecu and then nistune
- Or mega squirt and utilise what's already there?

Cost wise megasquirt looks more feasible

jeez, £445 for an unassembled MS3 ! non sequential ? + the cost of sensors etc ?
yet the nistune is £240 (inc single user licence) or less than £445 for one of ed,s p-n-p jobbies

Microsquirt is a stripped down version of megasquirt v2,

No on board ignition drivers or map sensor, so edits etc would need to be used along with external map.

Theres less outputs and inputs so I'm not sure how well it would work with boost.

For your setup megasquirt is the better option over microsquirt

Doubt it, it's just the casing, the terminals are fine.....only cost £16 , so not a major lose if it don't work

It is rather large, in all dimensions, no way I can try and mount to k11 water pump now, I'd have to notch the chassis Leg,

So gunna have to mount alternator side some how

Thats what I am doing on my build. Electric water pump and fuel pump to reduce strain on the engine and get that little bit more power.

Started on supercharger and magnetic pulley brackets today, jus about squeezed it all in, it's going under alternator

Chop chop, saw saw, weld .....here's some pics

jy7ajapy.jpg

pe7a4ade.jpg

quruhy3a.jpg

pyrehehy.jpg

Belts coming tomorow, then gunna strengthen where necessary

Started on supercharger and magnetic pulley brackets today, jus about squeezed it all in, it's going under alternator

Chop chop, saw saw, weld .....here's some pics

jy7ajapy.jpg

pe7a4ade.jpg

quruhy3a.jpg

pyrehehy.jpg

Belts coming tomorow, then gunna strengthen where necessary
Pr0n

Lol yeah, well, I lie, I presumed, then went crawling to my belt supplier and it's coming tomorow

I had to make the belt tensioner on the e/m pulley as space is an issue

Gonna try mount the alternator tomorow as I had to move it up a bit to fit

If It don't then il have to adapt it on the water pump side

Back