How many penalty points do you have!?

6 points. Nearly two years driving, got them within 2 days of each other. Mobile cameras. Gits. All in all it cost me £275 to get my licence back. Oh dear.

I've had more people nearly take me out whilst on mobile phones than anyone else. Really annoys me when people talk on their mobiles. At least get a handsfree kit.

I was following a woman to work on the phone, had both hands off the wheel to change gear, also drifting all over the place and leaving a huge gap from the car in front as she was way below the speed limit. Very very annoying and dangerous

well at least she was takin some precautions!!!!!!!!!!! not that it was right in any way. u should have got her reg no lol!!

Ems said:
well at least she was takin some precautions!!!!!!!!!!! l!!

i think she left the gap because she wasnt paying attention to her driving! At the end of the day if your not driving with full attention, your a murderer waiting to happen. Anyone could walk out infront of you and you'd be too busy nattering away or putting your face on to notice!

countless times being pulled over last one happened about 2weeks ago... lol but 3 points in almost 3yrs speeding on motorway long story video van :p but i agree with dusk on the bit about being followed harrassed etc...

Ems said:
it's mostly van driver's that talk on their phones, tbh, blokes in particular!!!!! I haven't seen 1 women use her mobile in the car since the ban came into place.

And yeah women who put their faces on in the car are slighty stupid, they look slightly stupid too lol!!!

i was nearly hit today by a woman on her phone (in a beemer of course) and when i gave her my ultra evil look she just gave me the finger!!

NeX said:
i was nearly hit today by a woman on her phone (in a beemer of course) and when i gave her my ultra evil look she just gave me the finger!!
LOL!!!!!!!!! What a bleep!!!!! :D

break the limits by these margins and face 6 points and a £100 fine

20 zone 32 and over
30 zone 45 and over
40 zone 57 and over
50 zone 70 and over
60 zone 82 and over
70 zone 94 and over

and new 2 point penatly and £40 fine for not so bad speeds lol
40-44mph in a 30 zone will be 3 points and £60 fine

so if you get caught doing 45 in a 30 twice,,they have your license :D

its all fair untill they change the speed limits..imo the limits shuld be raised on most roads,,,70mph on the motorway was ok in the 60's for the road surface and the cars at that time,,but now motorways are smooth and the cars today are alot safer

if ur doing 45 in a 30 then its ur own fault

theres a reason y is a 30 limit... normaly round houses or schools

i definately agree with that!!!!! What country don't they have speed limits on the motorways?

Germany, but only on certain Autobahns, and there is still a recommended speed of 130 km/h (80mph).

Also, if it was discovered in the event of a crash that you were doing above this speed, insurance companies are allowed to refuse to pay out.

schools only open for like 7 hour in a day,and most of that time kids are inside,unless its rawmarsh (they go in the local park ;) ),,and wtf do houses have to do with the road?,,,,people know that cars go up ad down the road and ther are pavements for a reason too

Yeah but Rik theres these little naughty things called children who like an adventure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what does it have 2 do with houses? well where there are houses, there are people...

People crossing the road, children playing.

Ive got no probly with the limit on the motorway going up, i think 70 is to slow for that, but round houses etc its fine

I found this little fact quite interesting:
The first British motorways did not have imposed speed limits. However, after a series of severe crashes a temporary speed limit of 70 miles per hour (110 km/h) was enforced in 1965, which was made permanent in 1967. It was reduced to 50 mph in response to the 1973 oil crisis and restored to 70 mph in 1974. The Association of British Drivers have called for the limit to be increased.

yeah,,,so they should make it ilegal for kids to play near the road,,,,and should go to the park in a safe place,,or ge the parents to teach them dangers of the road....

i dot see why people are scared of speed...it plays a small factor imo

edited

Ems said:
Yeah but Rik theres these little naughty things called children who like an adventure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and cats grr one jumped out on my today... infact i've had a pretty bad day :(

RIK said:
yeah,,,so they should make it ilegal for kids to play near the road,,,,and should go to the park in a safe place,,or ge the parents to teach them dangers of the road....

edited

mainly for all the idiots (like me) who can't drive properly

im not scared of speed... tbh i like speed, but theres a time and place.

Make it illegal for kids 2 play near roads? lol so u never played football on the street when u were younger?

NeX said:
and cats grr one jumped out on my today... infact i've had a pretty bad day :(

thats another issue i have :D

why do people have cats? to let them roam round the streets all day? a pet should be in the house and let out for walks,,,,its like having a pet bird and letting it free!!

RIK said:

Come on thats rediculous!! Ok i agree parents and schools should educate kids about the green cross code but there will come a time when its not on there mind, not pay attention and wander out - or what about kids which are too young to fully understand it, 4 or 5 years old running out after a ball.

Thirty is the limit for a reason, and nobody can justify speeding in a 30 zone. I can understand people speeding on motorways, your not gonna find people playing in the middle of one

RIK said:

edited

If only it was that easy, u think an adventurous (sp) 2 year old is goin to understand!!!!! You'll know 1 day!!!!!

runaway-robot said:
im not scared of speed... tbh i like speed, but theres a time and place.

Make it illegal for kids 2 play near roads? lol so u never played football on the street when u were younger?

yeah i did,,i never got run over though

RIK said:
thats another issue i have :D

why do people have cats? to let them roam round the streets all day? a pet should be in the house and let out for walks,,,,its like having a pet bird and letting it free!!

lol haha, i hate cats, waste of space... now a dog.. ;)

but not a stupid mini one hahaha

RIK said:
yeah i did,,i never got run over though

but if the speed limit got raised, u could have be over someones bonnet...

like alot of ppl have said, 30 is there for a reason

Arnold said:
Come on thats rediculous!! Ok i agree parents and schools should educate kids about the green cross code but there will come a time when its not on there mind, not pay attention and wander out - or what about kids which are too young to fully understand it, 4 or 5 years old running out after a ball.

Thirty is the limit for a reason, and nobody can justify speeding in a 30 zone. I can understand people speeding on motorways, your not gonna find people playing in the middle of one

so its ok for people walking on the road not to pay attention but a driver must not take his eyes of the road???

why are kids that dont understand the road playing on the thing!!

NeX said:
lol haha, i hate cats, waste of space... now a dog.. ;)

but not a stupid mini one hahaha

LMAO!!!!!!!! I admit that i call anythin under 2 feet a rat!!!! Sorry to anyone that has a small dog lol!! :blush:

Ems said:
LMAO!!!!!!!! I admit that i call anythin under 2 feet a rat!!!! Sorry to anyone that has a small dog lol!! :blush:

yep i have a staffordshire bull terier,,,only 1ft :D

RIK said:
so its ok for people walking on the road not to pay attention but a driver must not take his eyes of the road???

Kid's learn quickly, like how to undo the front door etc!!!!!! BUT.......they don't understand danger.

RIK said:

No its not ok but it happens too often! You seen that advert with the kids recording that video on the mobile and someone not paying attention walks out infront of the car? Thats aimed at pedestrians, not drivers. If your speeding and someone does that, you've got far less time to react than if your going at a slower speed - and if your driving slower, they've got a better chance of surviving.

Obviously you wouldnt be at fault if your sticking to the limit, but im sure you wouldnt want someones death on your concience (sp) if you were speeding and that happened.

yeah ok 30 even 15mph when its a busy are,a,shops and schools are a danger..but what about 11 o'clock at night on the same road nobody around,,why cant i go 45mph? copper sees you doing that and its 3 points and £60

it should be drive safe considering the condiions.thats more or less what everyone does anyway....

Ems said:
i think that'll point at noise pollution!!!!!!!!!

another stupid law.....

its like people that dont like planes going over there home..and people that moan about flooding.buy a house on a hill!! and dont live near the airport

also the noise wont be heard for long if i zoom past..where as going slow would be annoying :p

RIK said:
yeah loads....countrys on its ass mate and everyone knows it

so we can all speed, and knock over children?

wow fun, sign me up :suspect:

RIK said:
also the noise wont be heard for long if i zoom past..where as going slow would be annoying :p

hahaha lol :D

i like reading all those PC things they have in the sun. the ones titled "you couldn't make it up"

like the kid whi was banned from wearing a barbie watch because the winder could injure other kids when she put her hand up..... WTF!

runaway-robot said:
so we can all speed, and knock over children?

wow fun, sign me up :suspect:

nobody said that....

oh i think asking the council if its ok to put st georges flag up for the world cup is abit daft too...as it is england we live in :s

singing bah bah rainbow sheep is also daft...what happens when the 3 year old that plays on roads ask's "why is that man i different colour" should you reply he is a "rainbow man",,

Back