turbo build

Status
Not open for further replies.
uzyrageq.jpg
today was a dry day so I started by doing @frank does placed a jack on the engine, and 2 axle under car, 3 bolts rear mounts, 1 bolt on the gearlinkage, 3 bolts on the drivers mounts, 3 bolts on the front mounts about 6 on the gearbox housing, lifted the jack and gearbox housing was loose with a ply pushing, but the engine is stuck there don't wana come out ? I checked for more nuts but they all off ? I was rocking the engine but seems stuck ?

Sent from my iPhone using T

yny4yhy7.jpg
thanks to @pollyp and @frank and others for telling me about the angle flange now it fits without grinding anything. Got my Micra Lamba in my down pipe so happy, looks good, anyone want this manifold

I thought I leave the gearbox and drive shafts in while am doing the engine ?

yeh, but while you,re pulling the box off the driverside mount will hold the engine in place mate :) then once the g/box is free and secured out of the way, you can remove the engine

yeh, but while you,re pulling the box off the driverside mount will hold the engine in place mate :) then once its free and secure you can remove the engine
Frank I don't get it? But my drive shafts are in the gearbox will that not affect it being tight ? Or bending shafts

Frank I don't get it? But my drive shafts are in the gearbox will that not affect it being tight ? Or bending shafts

nah, you twist the front of the g/box away from the engine mate, the shafts just hold the back of it

you can see the angle of the g/box on this pic from page 14 mate, and remove all the bolts apart from that 1 i showed you :)

P1070335.JPG

frank how long does it take u to take engine out and replace it ?

about 1 hr remove, and 2 to 3 refit azzy, but i cheat tho :) the bumper is held by only 2 easy nuts and 2 screws, and i always leave the 2 awkward bolts out (arrowed) and the steel bracket underneath it too
that way i can get the mani off in 2 mins, and dont have to crawl under the car to get the rear mount off

P2100540.JPG

about 1 hr remove, and 2 to 3 refit azzy, but i cheat tho :) the bumper is held by only 2 easy nuts and 2 screws, and i always leave the 2 awkward bolts out (arrowed) and the steel bracket underneath it too
that way i can get the mani off in 2 mins, and dont have to crawl under the car to get the rear mount off

View attachment 28392
what u mean by taking the inlet off what will it do ? My rear mounts are off ?

View attachment 28392

1 hour to remove an engine?

Respect!

Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro1_205 using Tapatalk

It's possible I took my sr engine off last time about 1.5 hour and that was taking everything off

If you took the sr one out why were you so worried about taking this one out?

If you took the sr one out why were you so worried about taking this one out?
that's the Diffrents I took off gearbox and engine all out, drive shafts, I mean the lot, I wanted to know how frank took the engine out only with leaving the gearbox in

that's a good question but taking the inlet off don't I need to take the water pump pipe off what sits under inlet ?

Water pump is on side. Maybe you mean power steering pump? And I don't tink inlet and p/s pump are connected. You will struggle to remove inlet without engine though if the bracket which frank mentioned is still attached. I think I'd remove it as one.

Water pump is on side. Maybe you mean power steering pump? And I don't tink inlet and p/s pump are connected. You will struggle to remove inlet without engine though if the bracket which frank mentioned is still attached. I think I'd remove it as one.
Yeh I will have to remove as one full unit coz the inlet bolts are hidden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back