turbo build

Status
Not open for further replies.
9upyjy7e.jpg
a6e4e2eb.jpg
dy8uquge.jpg
done the bolts like @frank said and left 1 top bolt on the gearbox mounts and engine won't come out with a wiggle on both ends it seems stuck somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using T

All bolts out now so nothing should be holding it in?, its looks solid on the left hand side or is it sat on support bar?

All bolts out now so nothing should be holding it in?, its looks solid on the left hand side or is it sat on support bar?
a5ejehe8.jpg
just seen this bolt stuck it won't come off ? It's on the rear mounts into the gearbox ?

qusunasy.jpg
now zoomed in so u can see the 14mm bolt it's not coming off? I lined the gearbox and engine up and the bolt is slight bended had a breaker on, thinking to hacksaw it off ?

If the nut is off you might have to line the engine back up to knock the bolt out, and yeah maybe remove the support bar just be careful :)

If the nut is off you might have to line the engine back up to knock the bolt out, and yeah maybe remove the support bar just be careful :)
the engine is in place with bolts and gearbox now but the bolt is bent ? And it won't bug off I have to hacksaw it off but how will I get the broken bolt off after ?

I would bolt it back up via the other 2 mounts and deal with that first bud then you just got the other two to take out to drop the engine

I would bolt it back up via the other 2 mounts and deal with that first bud then you just got the other two to take out to drop the engine
Am guessing that's best way and more safer getting under the car and then get that bolt off ?

reason why its not separating is cos of that annoying black metal splashplate (once been through all that hence left it off for good).
it sits between the engine/flywheel, RH shaft/gearbox, rear mount bracket/gearbox.
so to remove the engine, you'll need to remove the RH shaft and rear mount bracket off the gearbox.

reason why its not separating is cos of that annoying black metal splashplate (once been through all that hence left it off for good).
it sits between the engine/flywheel, RH shaft/gearbox, rear mount bracket/gearbox.
so to remove the engine, you'll need to remove the RH shaft and rear mount bracket off the gearbox.
yes Polly it's on a plate holding on the gearbox ? but the bolt isn't coming off ? is it best to take the gearbox off and shafts ?

yes Polly it's on a plate holding on the gearbox ? but the bolt isn't coming off ? is it best to take the gearbox off and shafts ?

looking at the pic, the 3 bolts that are holding the rear bracket to the gearbox ain't coming off cos the entire weight of the engine/box is resting on the centre beam causing a shearing resistance. need to lift/relieve the load off the bracket

looking at the pic, the 3 bolts that are holding the rear bracket to the gearbox ain't coming off cos the entire weight of the engine/box is resting on the centre beam causing a shearing resistance. need to lift/relieve the load off the bracket
Polly that is so right it's too heavy on the bolt by 70kg, Polly am thinking if u can help with my engine

Why on earth didn't you just get a crane. I just bought one then resold it on eBay a week later. Still your turbo build makes for fun reading. Keep up the good work.

Why on earth didn't you just get a crane. I just bought one then resold it on eBay a week later. Still your turbo build makes for fun reading. Keep up the good work.
I didn't wana get a crane and then the days no good to start the work, I thought I'll try how frank did his by lifting the engine out and leaving gearbox in, And this blog is only for time being, I will start a fresh blog when my cars all done

I have one more thought but it's on axles now and the gearlinkage is off and now the wheel spins so can't take the wheel off

I and the community will volunterily try to provide advice n knowledge from past experience which is further supported by evidence of blogs and search engines BUT we will not build it for you.
It is your own responsibility to fully research and plan and educate yourself towards any private project you intend to undertake including this one.

you first established to ppl upon joining the club that you have worked on and turboed cars before so surely with those fundimental skills and reading a service or workshop manual fully beforehand you should have the knowledge, experience and intelligence to assess and figure out how to take and engine out, let alone turbo it.

several members over the past yr have offered you advice from their valuable knowledge and past experience of actually doing such tasks related to the Qs you've asked about turboing a micra and yet alot of the evidence you posted of your decisions and actions seem to ignore the advice or research provided hence causing alot of frustration and mis-trust and why they no longer provide you advice cos you wont listen, read and consider the info into your decisions.

I've written an entire blog of my experience including the difficulty of separating the engine/gearbox IN the car and why I now only remove the whole assembly with a proper crane which is much easier and flippin safer. I've even provided a series of videos showing the entire procedure and yet you still decided to skimp and go the long hard cheap way.
when I first started with little knowledge n experience, I've tried lifting the engine/box assembly with a plank & 2 helpers but it was damn heavy and dangerous and hence even I had to hire a 1tn crane from HSS hire for just a weekend including delivery and was affordable.

if you haven't planned for the expense of the required parts, tools, equipment and other running costs of a turbo conversion and decide to skimp cost against safety, knowledge and quality then it'll be a long hard and potentially dangerous route imo and could still cost more long term as things fail, blow up from poor preparation.

I will not be able to help you in person cos:
- I dont had the time cos I'm very busy starting a new company full time and is 100% dedicated to it.
- I definately won't be responsible for working on critical parts of ppls cars especially turbocharging cos I ain't legally qualified or covered for it.

I and the community will volunterily try to provide advice n knowledge from past experience which is further supported by evidence of blogs and search engines BUT we will not build it for you.
It is your own responsibility to fully research and plan and educate yourself towards any private project you intend to undertake including this one.

you first established to ppl upon joining the club that you have worked on and turboed cars before so surely with those fundimental skills and reading a service or workshop manual fully beforehand you should have the knowledge, experience and intelligence to assess and figure out how to take and engine out, let alone turbo it.

several members over the past yr have offered you advice from their valuable knowledge and past experience of actually doing such tasks related to the Qs you've asked about turboing a micra and yet alot of the evidence you posted of your decisions and actions seem to ignore the advice or research provided hence causing alot of frustration and mis-trust and why they no longer provide you advice cos you wont listen, read and consider the info into your decisions.

I've written an entire blog of my experience including the difficulty of separating the engine/gearbox IN the car and why I now only remove the whole assembly with a proper crane which is much easier and flippin safer. I've even provided a series of videos showing the entire procedure and yet you still decided to skimp and go the long hard cheap way.
when I first started with little knowledge n experience, I've tried lifting the engine/box assembly with a plank & 2 helpers but it was damn heavy and dangerous and hence even I had to hire a 1tn crane from HSS hire for just a weekend including delivery and was affordable.

if you haven't planned for the expense of the required parts, tools, equipment and other running costs of a turbo conversion and decide to skimp cost against safety, knowledge and quality then it'll be a long hard and potentially dangerous route imo and could still cost more long term as things fail, blow up from poor preparation.

I will not be able to help you in person cos:
- I dont had the time cos I'm very busy starting a new company full time and is 100% dedicated to it.
- I definately won't be responsible for working on critical parts of ppls cars especially turbocharging cos I ain't legally qualified or covered for it.
Polly thanks for the advise and help only way is now get a crane and start the job,

Glad you've finally seen sense and are getting a crane. All of us I'm sure on these forums are finding you're turbo build very interesting, and entertaining. The last thing we want is you getting injured over £45 crane hire fee. Mine cost £137 delivered next day from sgsengineering. I then sold it for £105 on ebay. Cheaper than hiring as I needed 2 1/2 days to do the job.

Glad you've finally seen sense and are getting a crane. All of us I'm sure on these forums are finding you're turbo build very interesting, and entertaining. The last thing we want is you getting injured over £45 crane hire fee. Mine cost £137 delivered next day from sgsengineering. I then sold it for £105 on ebay. Cheaper than hiring as I needed 2 1/2 days to do the job.
So u want me injured ? Why is that ?

Oh ffs read people's posts.
He does not want you hurt.

'the last thing we want is you getting hurt'...
am not gona say nothing or update my blog any longer this time I promise my new build blog when it's done thanks everyone

So u want me injured ? Why is that ?

Please read correctly

The LAST thing we want is you getting injured over £45 crane hire fee

all tools are a long term investment to save time, effort, convenience and safety.
so I used to initially hire cranes for £50-80 per weekend or weekday when swapping engines.
when I saw myself doing it several times, I decided to look for and purchased myself a crane for £80 off ebay and tis one of the best investment that'll pay for itself over the many years of service. and if the day comes where I won't need it anymore, it can always be sold on

[quo te="GlenJ, post: 661327, member: 16129"]Chill Azzy, keep going bud and keep updating :)[/quote]sorry am not

Ok sorry to hear that was looking forward to seeing it done :) and if you do re-read the post you will find nobody has said anything nasty to make you decide that

Azzy, nobody here want to see you hurt. Everyone is so persistant in helping you because we want you to enjoy your micra experience, regardless of how frustrating it might be for you or us (no matter how many pictures you add, text is VERY difficult to explain with eh). Getting injured isn't going to be very enjoyable so its a bit counter productive ;)
If you misread it its REALLY not a big deal, you can just admit to it and nobody will really care, it'll just make Agent_Sm1th feel better. Just remember that when you're asking people for help you have to be humble about it, being arrogant over an over-inflated sense of pride irritates people and drives them away.
Basically am trying to say chill out, have a laugh and nobody is trying to kill you ;)

Azzy, nobody here want to see you hurt. Everyone is so persistant in helping you because we want you to enjoy your micra experience, regardless of how frustrating it might be for you or us (no matter how many pictures you add, text is VERY difficult to explain with eh). Getting injured isn't going to be very enjoyable so its a bit counter productive ;)
If you misread it its REALLY not a big deal, you can just admit to it and nobody will really care, it'll just make Agent_Sm1th feel better. Just remember that when you're asking people for help you have to be humble about it, being arrogant over an over-inflated sense of pride irritates people and drives them away.
Basically am trying to say chill out, have a laugh and nobody is trying to kill you ;)
am happy for everyone's help but I think I need to stop posting and just carry on with my project as I am, I feel better this way and not far off from dyno

I was a model in the HSS Hire catalogue once...putting a big piece of wood into a big chipper. Went to hire a carpet cleaner and got £10 off when I pointed out that they had a big cardboard cut-out of me in their shop....!

Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro1_205 using Tapatalk

I was a model in the HSS Hire catalogue once...putting a big piece of wood into a big chipper. Went to hire a carpet cleaner and got £10 off when I pointed out that they had a big cardboard cut-out of me in their shop....!

Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro1_205 using Tapatalk

And that's related how? ;)

This thread:

Michael_Jackson_popcorn.gif

But yeah, this thread has made me really want to do my homework in the event I try to tackle something like this. I'm going to order a Haynes manual lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back