oil-cooler?....

F

fresh

my 1994 1L is burning through oil at a high rate - when warmed through the engine 'chugs' (power and revs drop momenteraly then return) and kicks out plumes of blue/black smoke - most likely the piston rings or valve guides i've been told..

so would fitting an oil-cooler with a thermostatic cut off do any good?..

colder oil wont do the moving parts any good i know - but it should stop the oil getting into the clyinders and causing the 'chugging' shouldn't it?.....

Totally agree with Yom. Cheapest option get new engine.

thanks for the heads-up guys - i'll poke about the local scrappies for a low-milage 1L and see what turns up....

other then that does anywhere sell complete micra engines - i know ti-ti about moters and cars in general but the idea of having something made up to my spec sounds appealing - but i guess it'd be pretty costly though?.....

fresh said:
thanks for the heads-up guys - i'll poke about the local scrappies for a low-milage 1L and see what turns up....

other then that does anywhere sell complete micra engines - i know ti-ti about moters and cars in general but the idea of having something made up to my spec sounds appealing - but i guess it'd be pretty costly though?.....

If ur looking around keep ur eyes out for a 1.3, if ur changing the engine, might as well go for something a wee bigger. IMO

ollie240585 said:
If ur looking around keep ur eyes out for a 1.3, if ur changing the engine, might as well go for something a wee bigger. IMO

nah - i got first refusal on a 1.3 when the owner quits driving / pegs it - plus i'm not after big power, just a more relianle run-around so i'll stick with 998cc's for now - if i keep her at all that is............

fresh said:
nah - i got first refusal on a 1.3 when the owner quits driving / pegs it - plus i'm not after big power, just a more relianle run-around so i'll stick with 998cc's for now - if i keep her at all that is............

why did you get refused on the 1.3! thats a bit harsh

Alienfish360 said:
he has first refusal, he has the first chance to say no, as in, when the other guy gets rid, he has first choice.

ah sorry misread lol doh :D

Back