• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Napster's SR MICRA

car failed MOT :down: but after abit of scrap yard searching....the new / old parts where on and then she passed :love:

been with out my car for a while :down: which has been annoying but im just glad she is back!!!!

Flippen eck!! Don't you ever do that again!! Waaaaay more dangerous than axel stands. Pallets are designed to take a lot of weight when it's distributed out evenly, not all in one place!! Next time, use builders grey blocks if you have to use soomething else, and leave the jack in just in case.

What did it fail on?

Flippen eck!! Don't you ever do that again!! Waaaaay more dangerous than axel stands. Pallets are designed to take a lot of weight when it's distributed out evenly, not all in one place!! Next time, use builders grey blocks if you have to use soomething else, and leave the jack in just in case.

What did it fail on?

sorry to have worried you Ems!!!!!!!

i trust the pallets more than the nissan jack and axle stands and i needed the car pretty high off the floor....ive used this before. the pallets can with stand a weight of up to "1.5 tonnes" and my micra weighing about "850kg".......so.......im confident.

emissions it failed on, but after some new parts, time (days :down: ), money its all fixed!!

Yeah they can withstand 1.5 tonnes when the weights even on the whole pallet. Not in one place!!

ok.....im sorry!!!!!!! :down:

....we / i have these massive wooden blocks.......ill use / try them out next time with axle stands, as we wont have pallets soon.........good news to you i guess lol!!!

No need to apologise or get upset. Just worried about your safety!! Being squished by a good looking car isn't good!

Get yourself a decent jack & stands from Halfords / argos. You normally get them cheaper if you buy both together, and you know it aint gonna squish you! They'l hold alot more weight than pallets will!!

No need to apologise or get upset. Just worried about your safety!! Being squished by a good looking car isn't good!

well thanks for the concern!!!!!

doesnt really help the cars nealry touching the floor being lowered.... so if it did drop....... :eek: :ghostface althought i dont thinki it would of lol..........otherwise i wouldnt have done it!!!!

just wasnt in the mood to be worrying about it falling while working under there , but if u reckon it was a bad move, then i wont do it!!!!

cheers

Get yourself a decent jack & stands from Halfords / argos. You normally get them cheaper if you buy both together, and you know it aint gonna squish you! They'l hold alot more weight than pallets will!!

ok Arnold! may get a cheap set lol....but no budget plastic ones :laugh: lol

just want to say "thanks" to "Goldstar" for the "black SR fog lights"!!!

they arrived earlier and just fitted them!!!

next are the headlights black!!! just wondered.....the sr has "headlight adjuster's" which im wondering are they interchangable on all models if i got some 1.0L headlights!!!!??

Attachments

• DSC00904.jpg
    DSC00904.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 221
  • DSC00903.jpg
    DSC00903.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 196
  • DSC00902.JPG
    DSC00902.JPG
    250.1 KB · Views: 205
  • DSC00901.JPG
    DSC00901.JPG
    213.3 KB · Views: 217
looking good mate :D

i sprayed the little plastic bits down the side black too ;)

does that mean you have some lights spare? ;)

oooh and a MK2 grill? lol

Cheers Nex......i was thinking bout the silver clips and spraying them black!!!!?

im not sellling the spare fogs or my grill lol....sorry!!!!

robert......the splitter is still in progress!!! was doing some 2day in the sun as they fibre glass sets quicker lol. had the sander out as well! its looking rather bad but i think the idea is good!!!!

naps

Looking good there

I couldn't decide whether to do the strips black, think I would have tbh,

well thanks again any way mate!!!!

did you not have a micra to fit these to or you did have them fitted?

i prob will do the silver covers black........seeing as you did the hard bit lol!!!!

heres a pic none of you have seen before!!! its not very exciting...lol...so dont expect a big amazement!!!

standard lights on with the rear splitter!!!!

still look ok...but prefer the LED's

Attachments

• DSC00876.jpg
    DSC00876.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 243
haha james......very funny :laugh: !!!

well i didnt see the need to post in my blog if nothings really done.......but:

i have gauges on there way!!!!
im waiting for the sun to come out and free time to have a play with my custom splitter!!!
im waiting for micras to arrive at scrap yard so i can get some bits!!!

im also waiting for some other parts hopefully!!! fingers crossed!!!

naps

WELL A BIG "THANKYOU" TO "JIMMY AND HIS BROTHER" FOR THE GAUGE POD HOLDER!!!! CHEERS GUYS!!!

will be getting the gauges soon!!! yes this is for the passanger side piller, but im making it for drivers!!!

more pics soon hopefully of progress (not trying to keep anybody happy: James lol)!!!

Attachments

• DSC00907.JPG
    DSC00907.JPG
    232.8 KB · Views: 199
Me??? lol it's not my fault your lazy :p

Pod looks good, hope you can adapt it ok for the drivers side, what gauges are you having and what make?

James.

Me??? lol it's not my fault your lazy :p

Pod looks good, hope you can adapt it ok for the drivers side, what gauges are you having and what make?

James.

very true mate, but seeing progress on your BLUE BEAST makes me feel like i should be doing more lol......so technically.....your fault!!!! no im joking...once again....lol!!!!! keep up ur work!!!!

should be ok to adapt when i have a spare A piller??
i dont know how to say this, but can i maybe ask for your help James in the wiring?? thats if you did yours and know how to fit them?

im just getting a volt metter and water temp!!!! nothing special, just really want interior looking better!! and think gauges will be really cool!!!

i just wish i was buying a "boost gauge" lol!!!

Hmm, have you bought them yet? If not I would suggest going for a Autometer Gauge as they are very good and there not too pricey. I have the Ultra-Lite's which are nice and clear and easy to read, although they do some funky stuff now, check their site...check the tacky video lol, the green NV's or the C2 blue's look awesome... http://www.autometer.com/media_popup.aspx?type=commercial&id=3

I'll help you wire them in, they are dead easy, childs play :)

James.

Thank you for the link....yeah.....cheesy video lol, but hey...advertisement!!

thanks for helping me when they arrive dude!!! will probably need it lol!!! childs play...yeah right!!!! although im good with electronics!!!!

no havent brought any yet....nearly purchased some ones earlier i liked.....but im after a dark (black) face dial with a green light preferably!!!??

thanks again

thanks for the thought of NV range....i looked at them....there nice

and the "nexus" ones!!!!!! very nice!!!!

just got back from scrap yard!

was after some headlights but no luck :doh: !!! i did pick up a pair of "A pillers" so i can now attach my gauges :blush:

ive already moved my tweeters up higher!!

Attachments

• DSC00911.JPG
    DSC00911.JPG
    354.7 KB · Views: 209
just got back from scrap yard!

was after some headlights but no luck :doh: !!! i did pick up a pair of "A pillers" so i can now attach my gauges :blush:

ive already moved my tweeters up higher!!

looks good mate :D

cheers Nex!!!!!

just made the tweeter hole in the piller!!!!! should look pretty cool when done i hope imo!!!

2morrow should have it finished!!! then just waiting on the gauges and a guide *cough* James *cough* lol....altough i should be capable....just helps always best lol!!!

had a little spare time so fibreglassed the pod onto the piller :blush:
its really funny how it looks a mess lol, but once sanded down and primer'd up....looks fine (in some cases)!!!!!

wont have any more mods or updates for a week im afraid....off on holiday :love: !!!!

naps

Attachments

• DSC00913.JPG
    DSC00913.JPG
    180.4 KB · Views: 220
back from holiday now!

let the modifications begin lol!!!!
did abit more to the gauge piller today! filler'd up the other side as there was a big gap from the custom job ive had to do to make it fit!!! so its coming along nicely!!

i was going to fibre glass the 2nd pod on aswell but realised i need the gauges here first as it will be tricky fitting the bottom gauge in i believe as not alot of room so im leaving it untill i have gauges!!!

any recommendations for gauges? want the dial colour green with black face preferably

*cough* Autometer NV *cough*

James :p

thanks!! ive looked at those from different websites but they are alittle expensive :doh: :glare: which is annoying and most are from abroad and imported / posted over here i think !!?

off to scrap yard later to see whats there cause still after some more bits!!!!

the custom splitter......well......had a look yesterday but its taking so long to do what i want its crazy!!!!!

cheers guys for comments!

thanks James for the link...appreciate it the help!!!!

Robert: if i showed u a pic of custom splitter now......id be the laughing stock of MSC lol.......only joking....its coming along nicely!!!

annoying waiting for fibre glass / filler to dry but good things come to those who wait lol :grinning:

pics shortly (hopefully)

pic of one gauge pod custom fitted!
the yellow you see is a "filler primer" which kinda works lol!!

also its not finished lol just seeing how it looks before i start finishing it incase its not right etc and the angle of it is fine.....not to high etc!!

Attachments

• DSC01097.JPG
    DSC01097.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC01096.JPG
    DSC01096.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 202
just a couple of pics!!!

Attachments

• DSC01101.jpg
    DSC01101.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 179
  • DSC01102.jpg
    DSC01102.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 186
  • DSC01104.jpg
    DSC01104.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC01098.JPG
    DSC01098.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 214
it hasnt changed.......yet lol!!!

i like the door handles as they are black!! sorry guys!!!!

some annoying idiots stole 2...yes thats 2 of my green dust caps.....so no-one has a complete set grr if they had had all 4....i would have still been very annoyed but at least they would have got used imo!! just we have 2each little thieves!!!! whats the point!!!

naps

just want to say "thanks" to "sonic" for the "rear wiper motor" that he modified so that it sits horizontal than vertical :grinning:
may have ago at fitting this friday before my holiday but may be to busy so then it will be fitted in about 2weeks hopefully.

naps

Attachments

• DSC01112.JPG
    DSC01112.JPG
    332.6 KB · Views: 194
Have you finished the gauge pod holder yet? I'd like to see it as I'm planning something similar!

no not yet im afraid mate :doh:
all my available time has been concentrated on all of my jobs and weeknds havent exactly been realxing / chillout times but im not complaining.

im on holiday for a week from this friday so i dont think ill have gauge pod finished for another couple of weeks which is annoying. but getting the gauges as a birthday present :grinning: so soon bud.

the pictures above show kinda what it will look like etc......does that not help?

thanks

wiper motor done. i really like it!!! just it covers the mightymicra sticker?
comments?
before and after shots.
thanks again Sonic

Attachments

• DSC011142.jpg
    DSC011142.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 175
  • DSC01113.JPG
    DSC01113.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC00426.jpg
    DSC00426.jpg