My New Engine :D

Stani1029

Club Member
eventually got all my engine parts back so built the latest engine from scratch today, had to grind all the valves in etc etc...this engine is a little experiment so i hope to god it works as its cost over £500 so far for the engine, some work to get done and parts :p still got to put all the little brackets on and that but heres a few pics (Y)

2973667202a10696168660o.jpg

2973667202a10696168543o.jpg

2973667202a10696168420o.jpg

2973667202a10696168778o.jpg

2973667202a10696168890o.jpg

yasssss, good wurk man, will be funny if folk start moanin again! haaa. :p what happend to the old engine that you needed a rebuild ayway???

yeah i melted a piston again, the car is still driving to this day! just a bit smokey from the front and back lol should have this engine done and fitted by saturday if i get all parts needed :)

i sold them at the start of this year along with my tomei cams to a guy in lithuania lol lost ALOT of money on them :( thats life

Hmm, ok, I guess that you didn't want to sell them on here?

You using the standard HG on this new engine - good stuff re the Dastek, you should have a really sweet car once it's all in and sorted...

I was selling them on here but my post got deleted and i got an infraction lol i am using a standard HG yeah :) also got the crossmember replaced last night so the cars rust free for once! About dastek they seem to think i need a bigger fuel pump and injectors etc. Doesnt it just need setup? Or am i wrong...

personally, i would get them to see at what boost the 1.6 injectors were reaching 90% duration (and a safe a/f/r), and then keep it below that boost figure stani :)

ok well i got this engine fitted on saturday, first turn of the key it started and then it struggled to stay on, removed the carbon cannister while the engine was out and missed the throttle body breather lol fitted that and engine was sound just needed slight tweak on the FPR. and then tonight it blew up lol so that was a waste of money! hope to get a standard engine in on saturday :p really tempted to go back to n/a for some reason, find out soon

nah ive done that already lol wasnt that quick to be honest. im at a point where im thinking what to do lol might just go ahead with this "other" engine on saturday :p gutted a bit cause this latest one was quicker than the previous, im just a silly person :D

Nah not me, take the hit and get on with it. I have a few things to sell and that will pay for an emanage and setup or the dasek unichip and setup. I know what i tried this time had worked and im not going into much detail with it ;) so im going to sell bits, get the emanage or dastek booked. Built the engine fit it and get it setup :d wont go to plan but thats how i want it to happen

your a mad man. but determined! lol. if you can tell your man chrighton i still want that acctuater, just had soo much uni stuff latley ive had no time.
so whats the plans then? are you going to get another 1300 to build on or is the engine you had savable???
good luck whatever you decide man! lol.

yeah ill tell him mate, im building the same setup as the one which just blew. trust me it worked lol everything is useable apart from whatever melted etc...:p and ill give it a few weeks

4th time lucky but atleast someones determined to find a cheaper way to do it no matter how long it takes or how much it costs. But if im just gonna get #### for it theres no poing sharing any of the ''what to do or the what not to do's''. I will find a way cause thats the way i am. No arguments please

lol good good man, if it was running like when i seen it amazing, but im guessin you had somemore secrets....... :p lol, so guessing its going to be foookin mad! lol.

Well im going to try and get up soon to get it. Just busy man.lol.

so when you rebuilding? the weekend???

hi to all, sorry to interupt but i dunno how to start a new thread. does anyone know how to take the shroud/cowling that covers the speed dials etc, any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

lol good good man, if it was running like when i seen it amazing, but im guessin you had somemore secrets....... :p lol, so guessing its going to be foookin mad! lol.

Well im going to try and get up soon to get it. Just busy man.lol.

so when you rebuilding? the weekend???

well when i took you down the strip it was running sweet and very quick for a standard engine. this latest engine had 2 new things done to it with noticeable gains so therefore im re-doing it. like i always say im not fitting an engine and possibly let it break without finding out what its real potential was, i not bothered about whats happened because i know it worked and im going to keep at it until i have something im happy with (Y) and i might take the goosed engine out on saturday and strip it down to find the damage.wether dependant really

lol, mainly as im curious to see about this Supercharger vs Turbo debate...

shame about you cooking the new engine though :)

yeah would be good, dont worry about my engine it'll done in 2 weeks time. what emanage is best suited to the k11???

im using the blue which so far seems to be doing the job (though ive not done long runs as of yet so unsure what the stock ecu will try and do, if anything) plus its cheap...but i guess any would be capable...the newer emanage iirc has an update to support the k11 now, and is apparently easier to map.

But tbh Ed knows more about that than i do...ive spent a good while searching stuff on the net, and im still figuring it out / guessing as i go. :D

see i was gonna get the emanage ultimate, but im not sure if its gonna be any use to the k11 as i cant seem to find a wiring harness for it...anybody???? :)

the harness is probs the same for all the emanages (i know you can reuse the blues with the ultimate) which in the case for the micra, you get a bunch of loose wires on the end and you patch in each one individually.

I do seem to remember there being a ready built plug and play harness available in Japan for the micra/march...but cant think when and where i read it or if its a genuine item or not...or the worst case im making it up :laugh:

just to say stani, if you have any problems wth the wiring, let me know and i can ask me dad hes a auto spark and makes looms / harnesses up all the time, so if you get stuk I can always ask him n see if he knows anything.

Back