• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

The 1.3 Turbo Battle####

Pretty sure yours are correct though chris. Yours blow so hard it'd probably pull the car forward with the handbrake off!

Pretty sure yours are correct though chris. Yours blow so hard it'd probably pull the car forward with the handbrake off!
Mine are fairly similar. Very powerful for so little money
Lol exactly as I did. For a few quid I couldn't go wrong really thinking about it
Now I've stopped them running whilst travelling there's no heating issues. It was just the fact they blew air the wrong way as I'd asked for

Mine are fairly similar. Very powerful for so little money

Now I've stopped them running whilst travelling there's no heating issues. It was just the fact they blew air the wrong way as I'd asked for
Can't u just reverse the wires like we did? BTW pm me ur number I couldn't find it last night

I'll stick to running them sub 10mph as they are :)
Rather have 100% flow at low speed than 30% flow all the time :)
Fait enough. Tbf I did a test a week ago. Blustering hit day. At least 6cm bonnet lift. Motorway speeds. 120c oil. Bumped the fan on and it dropped 10c in the first min odd. I need an oil cooler

Oh yeah... Beat the **** out of a Honda s2000. He told me he just can't use the power on he roads... When he flashed me to pull over. So yeah a micra beat you... Is it me, or saying you just can't put the power down in a modern and better handling car... Or does it mean I can just drive my car better?

Or 100 to 120 to keep water contamination from the combustion process at its minimum.

from this link
http://www.hotrod.com/feature_stories/1310_engine_oil_temperature/

combustion creates water. if the engine & oil doesn't exceed waters boiling point of 100C, then it'll mix with sulphur into acidic deposits (tis why I don't like stopping still-cold engines).
a daily & track car should run least 105C to reduce deposits & water vapour.

normal mineral oil withstands upto 120C but starts to degrade after 135C. ppl normally maintain 110-126C.
fully synth can withstand 150C

Water boils at 100 degrees c, but evaporates off at MUCH lower temps. It's only moisture, not puddles you're trying to avoid. Mocal oil cooler thermostats open at 80 degrees as that's the optimum temp.

This would be fun

100_0731.jpg

An oil cooler would increase your oil volume and lessen the effect of any water contamination. Plus I'm guessing with a turbo Micra you change your oil every six months anyway...

An oil cooler would increase your oil volume and lessen the effect of any water contamination. Plus I'm guessing with a turbo Micra you change your oil every six months anyway...
I think its a micra.... I don't need to worry too much. I do however change every 6 mm month or 5 thou

Tyres are needed. So. Thinking logically. I run 13s...its cheaper on 15s. Going to buy 15s steel wheels. Get tyres. I am thinking something like unitrend rainsport 3... Anyone has experience?

We did some testing on tyres at Donington with Linglung or summat like that, Uniroyal rainsport 3's, T1Rs, Bridgestone S02's, R888's. Got a full days worth of data to assemble, could post it up once done :)

The uniroyal is a well gripping tyre, didnt quite get to see it in the wet. But heard good reviews

We did some testing on tyres at Donington with Linglung or summat like that, Uniroyal rainsport 3's, T1Rs, Bridgestone S02's, R888's. Got a full days worth of data to assemble, could post it up once done :)

The uniroyal is a well gripping tyre, didnt quite get to see it in the wet. But heard good reviews
I probs won't know what the numbers are but I look forward to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So.... Shot oil seal on the go box... Lost 2 litres of oil in no time. Had to move someone's house... So had to fix extra fast. Struggled to find it oil at last minute 85w/140 ls and oil seal was even worse.
zeqa8unu.jpg
another issue... Turbs Mani has a 2 and a half inch crack in it which appeared in the space of a couple of days... Started by manhandling when changing clutch... Something to note for the future. So yea very close to a very large accident waiting to happen... Turbo flying round the bay. Installed front lower strut brace. Changed lower arm over.
3equny6e.jpg

Spot what's wrong
mutevyzy.jpg

Back