• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

The 1.3 Turbo Battle####

Errr I think this hobby has become a problem.
gy2egy9a.jpg
ha8ase8y.jpg

Currently facing an issue with blatent bearing issues in the gearbox. I get the feeling its the input shaft bearings.. ? The whine is relative to engine speed. Solved the release bearing issue. Me and andy hard to bodge to get the new clutch working. Basically force the release bearing in to the pressure plate fingers to make the travel required less to enable gear selection. This was a result of a stretched clutch cable.. I feel it was also stretching further on clutch pedal compression causing further issue. A genuine cable was bought... Stupidly expensive compared to the rep parts. 60 quid more but I feel that with extra grunt this clutch requires, a rep will be ruined faster.plus a Humphries special will come with at least a smallish guarantee.

Preparing a set of wheels to be used for whatever motor sports event I get in to also. I think I need the LSD checked over too.

It appears my spare tyres seem to become cracked and dry... I know saying dry sounds stupid... But yeah.. Dry.
Any one have any tyre storage advice.

If that is a problem, @frank needs to be sectioned!!!
Lol I have heard about his garage! Its like garage D but for micras!

For those who haven't been to garage d..
Its a bug warehouse style drift garage... The walls are lined with crazy parts and pretty stuff.. And the cars a piled in there... One for every boys taste... Its like an oragasm but better and you don't have to touch urself

It appears my spare tyres seem to become cracked and dry... I know saying dry sounds stupid... But yeah.. Dry.
Any one have any tyre storage advice.

Never had a problem with mine on the garage floor, but wrapping them in bin bags and keeping them somewhere with a fairly constant temperature is good. If they're on tyres, keep them at pressure so no flat spots arise

We have a shed dedicated to tyre storage, carpet lined. Key thing is keeping them out of the light.

Am also about to tidy up part of my garage today.

Good choice on the compressor ;)

I'm a ABAC main dealer, so if you need any spares, let me know
Feel really bad not seen ur blog for a while been busy as fcuk with house works. I caught a video yesterday of it. Sounds great. How is it going mate? Mapping near done? I guessing u will do as much as possible and fine tune on dyno. ? You got knock ears?

Cool man, got workshop full of spares for the entire range :)

Jus need more time on the road with the laptop

Havnt got and knock sensor yet, but using a 'safe ' map......apparently lol il try not blow it up.....but will be giving it to a professional at some point

Getting as much done as I can in between work and baby

So when you gunna try squeeze out more gee gee's from yours

So I got the compressor from me dad... It blew up. And I hate throwing things away. Cheaper to buy new than fix.... Which IMHO is just a horrific state of affairs we live in now a days. So. Dismantle.
a2abereh.jpg
ezy4u8y3.jpg
azusetyv.jpg
qu9uba4y.jpg
asape4yz.jpg
pa8uzabe.jpg
ugahaqy3.jpg
ugu5yvym.jpg
So it's blown.. Surprisingly one side has been left intact. The thing had sprung a leak and lost its oil. Pantssss. So, I didn't think I would be able to get spares easily... That's now changed lol. As you can see there is a really cool sandwich plate which uses little plates of metal which acts as valves for inlet and out. Simple but effective, having only worked with cars I thought everything needed cams and lobes. I should have been able to take the piston out but was unsure if crankcase pressure would allow oil n air to open a valve to enter the cylinder. So I opted to push the piston to the top of the cylinder and make a bracket to keep it out the way of the crank.
pejyzenu.jpg
bere2yby.jpg
9eda4u6a.jpg
qa4y3e7u.jpg
agehazas.jpg
jeha6ety.jpg
epemu5y4.jpg
dy3anare.jpg
Attempt with wrong oil lol.. 5/50 Motorsport tbexact. I really shouldn't have done this but it was inoperable before anyway so I felt I needed to see it work but I think it over heated here is with the correct oil much better. Sorted all the air leaks too. Ideally I need to get a new crank and piston assembly with possible bearings as running on 1 will no doubt be vibrating it to death.

****! Broke that quick lol

The valve plate assemblys are easy enough to replace, I either do a complete plate and gasket set (comes with oil air filter and nrv pastel) or jus the gaskets.

The con rod and piston, il have to check with ABAC to see availability.......and price!

Il do it for cost price to mate if I can get one, but those bits really don't tend to go, and most people replace the pump once it's got to that state :)

####! Broke that quick lol

The valve plate assemblys are easy enough to replace, I either do a complete plate and gasket set (comes with oil air filter and nrv pastel) or jus the gaskets.

The con rod and piston, il have to check with ABAC to see availability.......and price!

Il do it for cost price to mate if I can get one, but those bits really don't tend to go, and most people replace the pump once it's got to that state :)
No this things like ten years old dude, my dad let it run dry lol. Nout wrong with valves just was showing my observation and that's it's a new thing to me. It's just the crank n piston assy. How much for full pump? N the parts bro? When you got time of course lol. It's a b28b I believe. 150 l 3hp

Compressors are easy enough, those reed valves should be checked for wear though while you have em apart.

This is nice... I am currently thinking of what the hell I will be doing car wise now. Do I buy rwd car. Do I make rwd micra. Stay with pulsar idea. Basically my girlfriend had her first drifting experience yesterday. She now wants a drift car... She already has a micra which will no doubt sit there and rot. The only way it will get done is if I do it. So argh. Money. Just as I think I have it sorted.

Pulsar idea might be on hold everyone. Girlfriend has some drift needs to be met and tbh I want to make her happy. She isnt really going to build a drift car by herself and want to support her. don't know what the hell to do. My micra will stay, might get more power, might stay the same, I don't bloody know. Looks like I might be looking for another project of the rwd capacity.

Pulsar idea might be on hold everyone. Girlfriend has some drift needs to be met and tbh I want to make her happy. She isnt really going to build a drift car by herself and want to support her. don't know what the hell to do. My micra will stay, might get more power, might stay the same, I don't bloody know. Looks like I might be looking for another project of the rwd capacity.
Mk1 MX5/eunos. Get a 1.8, cut springs, weld diff, done.

Back