• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

The 1.3 Turbo Battle####

So yeah. Whoever said cg13 gearboxes are okay to like 200... Err I think my second gear is on the way to blowing up.
When my k10 gearbox failed it kept popping out of second and now my other k10 gearbox is doing it. So I dont know what symptoms you got.

Back to logging :D
Andy, a large consideration is the required frequency of logging. I assume the pots will be wheel displacement? Will need a high frequency logger IMO. A few hundred Hz
A few hundred? Try 1000Hz :D you miss a lot of data at 200 and even so at 500. If it was a personal DIY venture then 200 would be enough to give a simple baseline setup. If you're going beyond that, much like corner weighting, then you really need around 1000Hz, you have the option to dial it in and out and get stable consistent results.
The 'pots' can range from £100 to £450 a piece so whatever setup you're going for you'll pay a minimum of approx £400 so the logger has to be a goodun

When my k10 gearbox failed it kept popping out of second and now my other k10 gearbox is doing it. So I dont know what symptoms you got.
I think tired sync or just bloody warm from the load I was putting on it that day. seems to be okay now! Dude bring ur alignment tommorow?

Mr S ir Chris don't mean to Diss :) people like we stating what obvious
Pics up sir or you not following the scripture eh?

e5asajyg.jpg
3ejatutu.jpg
yhepyruv.jpg
utajyga7.jpg
y4e4emej.jpg
ru8unepa.jpg
yragamar.jpg
du7enyja.jpg
hyta5upu.jpg
2y7aje5a.jpg
nysu7y6y.jpg
ra9ybepa.jpg
pumetyje.jpg
8abu9are.jpg
majahugu.jpg

So goes like this.. Andy boy comes round. Do a few dump runs. Explained the clutch is getting to the point of no return and is very very dead.. Andy says I should drive home in 4th gear all the way home... Commence the fun. Set fire to the clutch lol. Slightly drizzly and rain on occassoon so we built a man fort... Best idea ever. We were dry and warm in to the night as it seems to wind break and insulate the heat in. Also I am not so posh I have a driveway hand woven rug... It was going to thrown and I have cleaned the drive so its to stop getting oil everywhere. Scott visits. Engine out... Clutch... Just lol... Its been on fire a few times. The ceramatallic has just crumbled away. And cracked . remnants can be found everywhere. Heat exposure on the flywheel. Massive new helix 6 paddle in. Whilst the engine was out...fek it as me nan would say. We ripped out the power steering. ONLY BECAUSE its a pain to get the engine in and out with the Gubbins in there. Plus extra stuff to leak.. So none pas rack in. Also solid rear mount it. Rust clean up and under bloody stonechip stuff put around. Sure clean up. More to come.

Why @h701micra

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I had to buy some to make use of space, assuming they were the push type I ordered, turns out they blew the other way so were blowing out incoming air. So I ran hot whilst driving along.
Granted they shouldn't be running whilst travelling but it was a "I'll do it later" job
Paul (@pollyp) spotted it while he was here last week

I had to buy some to make use of space, assuming they were the push type I ordered, turns out they blew the other way so were blowing out incoming air. So I ran hot whilst driving along.
Granted they shouldn't be running whilst travelling but it was a "I'll do it later" job
Paul (@pollyp) spotted it while he was here last week
They are usually reversible fins to either aid push or pull. Then you change wiring accordingly.

the blades are curved to run optimally one way to scoop air through the rad. reversing the spin will make it run abit inefficient.
No ****. Lol. :D but there a semi solution to get them to work Lol. Mine was the same tbh. Just figured anything is better than nothing. She is a lot happier now. How do you run your cooling? Do you know the oil temps?

Just realised that sounded terrible . I was only joshing. Still. Mine are the wrong way I think to push but its still terribly blowy

Lol so. The fate of the car is decided. I think handling mods are next and power is remaining the same. I am going to go pulsar and can't be arsed messing with pants engines. Will just enjoy the car and get tracking the rude boy. Mess about with interior and play with electronics. Power is not a cost effective pathway to take with the cg13

Lol so. The fate of the car is decided. I think handling mods are next and power is remaining the same. I am going to go pulsar and can't be arsed messing with pants engines. Will just enjoy the car and get tracking the rude boy. Mess about with interior and play with electronics. Power is not a cost effective pathway to take with the cg13
HIGH power is not cost effective on any engine really chris, which is why i restrict mine to 130hp :)
the factory design a 2 x hp safety margin to the stock engines, and they are pretty bulletproof below that (an output that is very simple to achieve)

HIGH power is not cost effective on any engine really chris, which is why i restrict mine to 130hp :)
the factory design a 2 x hp safety margin to the stock engines, and they are pretty bulletproof below that (an output that is very simple to achieve)
I suppose, but the reality is sr20 and getting cheaper HP per £ is simply far better than the CG line. Looking at it on reliability. I can forge a sr20 for a fraction of the price. Run less boost. Get more power and put it down better than a micra. I will still keep this car mind. This is my baby! I just don't plan on anymore power for like you said limiting it means we get more horse power hours Lol. Its a fun car I love my micra's. But I am limited by it. I want more power. I want a bigger micra basically.

go for that pulsar chris :cool:
tuning an SR is cheaper sure, but i still have the same performance as a stock 2.0 k11, most members go overboard on the CG+t projects and they end up being a moneypit (for the same cost as a tidy pulsar !)
you just dont need uprated fuelpumps/mafs/headgaskets/headbolts/intercoolers/sparkplugs/wideband/clutch etc for 130hp

Ha, yeah I know its this for that at the end of the day. Yeah no doubt mine is much the same, although I have built it far cheaper than most and is reliable. Reliable is my keyword really. I will half agree with you, you do need some of that, for a decent setup which will last, otherstuff is just bloody silly. You like blowing things up and ripping things apart all the time, I am not going to lie, I am not that keen on spending all my time stripping the engine down. I know my build wasnt cheap but it was significantly cheaper than pollyp, nis (now daves) and few others. I am not slating the micra, because I know what will happen I will get a pulsar and I will still end up going back to a micra for more fun lol, but the pulsar will have value and cheaper power, thats something non of us can deny. You are right people go over board and just spunk money on silly stuff. I bought nothing at full price tbh and did everything by quick deals, I can push the cg I have to at least another 40 hp but then we venture in to the realms of a variety of issues which go along with doubling power. btw clutch I needed, wideband was just being sensible, sparkplugs were chosen for better heat resistance, which was just sensible and intercooler just aids things. MAF was sensible too.

lol I will get flak for defecting...right so too, but its just makes sense in my head. I wont be leaving and the micra will still be worked on just power will remain the same.

26mm Automatic k11 rad handles heat on track no prob. Stock rad fan shroud was trimmed thinner and remounted closer to the core to clear the turbo inlet nearby.

Dunno oil temp.
of all your clever scientific stuff and you dont do oil temp! Is it not much to worry about then?

go for that pulsar chris :cool:
tuning an SR is cheaper sure, but i still have the same performance as a stock 2.0 k11, most members go overboard on the CG+t projects and they end up being a moneypit (for the same cost as a tidy pulsar !)
you just dont need uprated fuelpumps/mafs/headgaskets/headbolts/intercoolers/sparkplugs/wideband/clutch etc for 130hp
tbh if I didnt buy the car with most stuff on... cause I cheated.. noddie built the car lol.. I would run nearly stock everything with a turbo strapped on and uprated clutch and suspension... done. but anyway, the cars taught me a lot and so has everyone here, including yourself. I suppose i could do an sr20 swap, but then I just think stuff it get a pulsar.. and that all wheel driving thing!

lol I will get flak for defecting...right so too, but its just makes sense in my head. I wont be leaving and the micra will still be worked on just power will remain the same.
go for it mate :) the novelty of bustin engines wore off years ago lol, i,ve been doing high milage this year and am smoking the bog stock engine i took out of azzy,s car in jan
(it looked dog-rough, but turned out to be a minter :) )

of all your clever scientific stuff and you dont do oil temp! Is it not much to worry about then?

would be nice to have but wasn't essential or top of my list. don't have anymore time, money or energy to add it these days cos work takes over, just check the oil light goes out and run it.

Get the pulsar definately. I'm considering packing this all in now, just moving to the next one... I like the idea of getting a classic car and fitting cg/ga ecu/injectors/maf etc to it for easy fuel injection conversion... then having fun with it... So much more room for improvement... so more diy modding fun!

If you're considering a Pulsar talk to Ed, the man knows them inside and out.

Bhp / £ aside, a Pulsar will eat plenty of dough unless you can acquire one which is already at a standard you're after for a sensible figure ;)

@lowrider Too late. Already spoke to him. I think I am making the right choice, he is going to take me for a ride in one to see what ones like before I get my 'sell everything up mode' on. He suggested looking at a evo 3 also. Going to have a Google.

I plan on buying something which has been done already.. I will just finish it the way I want.

Get the pulsar definately. I'm considering packing this all in now, just moving to the next one... I like the idea of getting a classic car and fitting cg/ga ecu/injectors/maf etc to it for easy fuel injection conversion... then having fun with it... So much more room for improvement... so more diy modding fun!
That would be very cool... Then super charged?

Back