Snow

that pic of kevs starlet is amazing...lets make a snow picture thread trying to get the ebst pic of our cars in the snow?

Lots of snow where I am in South Wales

a few pictures from yesterday, since we dont get snow that often (last time here was march 2006) i couldnt let this opertunity be wasted lol. It has snowed some more over night to. From the first few pictures it doesnt look like its snowed much, but it certainly got alot heavier a few hours later

n521965520_5579707_9836.jpg

n521965520_5579706_9446.jpg

n521965520_5578868_2081.jpg

n521965520_5578869_2341.jpg

n521965520_5578880_5324.jpg

n521965520_5578883_6179.jpg

n521965520_5578877_4479.jpg

n521965520_5578933_3218.jpg

n521965520_5578913_5608.jpg

n521965520_5578927_691.jpg

I was driving up and down hills that people were having difficulty standing and other cars were just abandoned at the bottom!!

there is a quarry near me tried walking over it fell down a ditch full of snow easy 11 ft!!!!!!!!!!!!

####e myself thought i was gonna suffocate in snow hah
took some pics will be up later

interesting,

i was debaiting getting snow tyres whilst over in Sweden, they are amazing, its like it was a dry sunny day the way they handle!

our kart slicks were,nt much good today, car was driftin well tho :D, no-one there to video me tho :doh:

our kart slicks were,nt much good today, car was driftin well tho :D, no-one there to video me tho :doh:

at the exeter meet, i got a quicker time on cold slicks than warm ones lol, i think it was the drift factor

i had to fetch the car this morn still thick with snow to get to work so decided to drift a little and couldnt stop so decide to hit the snow banking
IMAGE_015.jpg

IMAGE_016.jpg

IMAGE_017.jpg

then did some more driftin this afternoon before i came home lol my vent on the bonnet was a good 6 iches covered in snow lol love the snow but its gonna be icy tomomorow even more fun lol

Thing that i dont get is you can still see the road and grass through the snow (ok its not as black and green as usual but you can still see it) and yet they still shut everything down, down south...its even weirder when you consider most of the 4x4's in the counrty live in that region aswell.

Not everywhere, some places had 11". We had a good 5-6"

well i tell you what after spending the last 2 days bombing around with my dad in his scoobie,i know what i feel safe in in the snow,stick it in 4th and just pull away!!!
awesome grip and on hills it just crept till it got to the top!
I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's back!

We have it worse then on Monday!

What's it like near you?

Kev

The snow has finaly hit scotland ! where i stay i had about a foot of snow lol when i get home ima take some pictures of the car in the scenery :D looks good

Are you are ok Olly?

What happened?

Kev

Was going round a corner at the bottom of a gentle slope and the back end suddenly slipped out and span me almost 360 degrees clipping a kerb and wall on the way past, scared the crap outta me.
My neck hurts lol

Was going round a corner at the bottom of a gentle slope and the back end suddenly slipped out and span me almost 360 degrees clipping a kerb and wall on the way past, scared the crap outta me.
My neck hurts lol

dude thats harsh, so you pranged the k11? any photos? whats the damage? i hope you are ok mate

The alloy is so bent you can feel it when driving along, the bumper took most of the force of the wall, could've been worse as the other side of the wall is a 20ft drop into a river.

Well we have no snow now, *sigh* but I did manage to do some damage to the car :'-( nothing major but I'll need to take it into a bodyshop before tinworm takes hold.

No snow here either. just random patches of black ice if your country driving at night :(.
I WANT SOME SNOW! :S

Dude, that sucks! Hope you and Bubs are ok! :(
You take it easy, alright? ;)

Yeah it buffed right out... sorta..... need a new wheel though. It was a stupid mistake, it was late and my mind was elsewhere, she's staying put now cos I can't actually get off my drive (tried earlier and had to stop when smoke started coming off the clutch)

Everyone else should take this as a warning and not drive at all

just as i thought the week was going really well, it snows again and i end up getting a call from my boss saying commercial motors (Mercedes benz) has gone into administration flipping great.

Yeah it buffed right out... sorta..... need a new wheel though. It was a stupid mistake, it was late and my mind was elsewhere, she's staying put now cos I can't actually get off my drive (tried earlier and had to stop when smoke started coming off the clutch)

Damn, that sounds quite scary!
I wouldn't usually dare drive in this weather - however I drove to my Parents' house on Wednesday and thought it wasn't too bad, then I got to her village - tiny rural, and out in the sticks - and the car slid a good couple of feet. The road in the culdesac where she lives was full of ice, slush and snow! :wow:

Providing you plan ahead and its not silly deep its no problem! I.e. see that corner up ahead, start slowing down now! Turn in as you come off the brakes whiles theres still a weight transfer on your front wheels.
And if you get stuck on a hill try going up in reverse! :)

I know it's been AGES since the last snowfall - however I've just found a pic of how bad it was here lol (spot my inconspicuous car...)

DSCF3315.jpg

Almost ironic that I've posted it on the nicest day of the month lol

lol that's my boyf's! :p
Between mine and his there's a little bit of shrubbery and where he's parked is where it ends - and how it ends lol. It's not even an actual parking space - he's not allowed to park in our space because he uses his car everyday, when mine is wrapped up every day. I'm just mean that way :D

Back