Run What YaBrung - Santa Pod Raceway

Hi peeps,

Was thinking to arrange a meet down pod before the end of this year ;) Should be a laugh and a good day out. So I propose either the 2nd, or 15th October, which will hopfly give everyone enough time/notice. The date decided will also be dependant on the weather, obviously if its pouring down with rain then we will aim for the 15th, but will keep you all posted nearer the time if there are any changes.

It would be nice to see those of you who can make it, so feel free come along, and bring others. The address/website is below, if you've got any queries let me know.

http://www.santapod.co.uk/index.php

Address
Santa Pod Raceway
Airfield Road
Podington
Wellingborough
Northants
NN29 7XA
England

Oh and put your names down for whos coming :p

There you go Seb, there can be no greater accolade to you visiting us than Karl dragging his arse down to Santa Pod :p.

I can't make it as I'll be on holiday but hopefully Frank will join you guys to get over to set an official 1275cc time. I don't want to have to beat my own time again when I next attend!!

I've quickly simulated the flight cost to Birm, it starts from 100-120euros, rather ok. How much are the cheaper hostels in that area?

hopefully Frank will join you guys to get over to set an official 1275 cc time. I don't want to have to beat my own time again when I next attend!!
i would have to leave this japspec engine in to qualify for that eh, i,ll have see how i,m fixed tbh :grinning:

If you're landing in Brum Seb, maybe General Franko has a spare room. That'd save you a few euros :laugh:.

If you're landing in Brum Seb, maybe General Franko has a spare room. That'd save you a few euros :laugh:.
aye armando stayed at franky towers when he picked his march up last year eh guy :grinning: luton airport is a lot closer tho aint it ?

15 october ? Hmmm; I could be a part of it if I'm crazy enough :p
Hey Seb, would 2nd October be ok for you also? do come down (Y) be a nice to meet you

I'll come if seb comes :p
Karlj drag yourself down to the strip literally lol

I'll check work when i'm in on thurs see if theres a chance of me getting it off
keep us posted (Y)

I'm in ....

But not in my car :(

nevermind about that mate, as long as your there thats what counts..glad to have you on board :grinning:

I can't make it as I'll be on holiday but hopefully Frank will join you guys to get over to set an official 1275cc time. I don't want to have to beat my own time again when I next attend!!

wont be able to make 2nd, or 15th? or is it both dates. Shame if you cant make it Low rider :down:, dont think weve met yet either although you've met my car lol

I may turn up if there's enough interest(Y)
And out of interest, what's the record for an N/A 998cc K11:wasntme:
Pop down fella, more numbers the better

i would have to leave this japspec engine in to qualify for that eh, i,ll have see how i,m fixed tbh :grinning:
Frank, dont let me down ehh.... lol hope you come along, its about time i meet the beast in person and down the strip :laugh:

Soooooo far to drive down...wonder if i could mod cruise control onto the micra lol.

I'll keep an eye out on this thread, but wont say yay or nay just yet. ;)

Hmm, this is pretty much just round the corner from me :wasntme:. However, I might disgrace myself by arriving in a non-Jap car :down:

Soooooo far to drive down...wonder if i could mod cruise control onto the micra lol.

I'll keep an eye out on this thread, but wont say yay or nay just yet. ;)

how far you got to travel solarice? yes do mod cruise control on if it will get you down :grinning:

Hmm, this is pretty much just round the corner from me :wasntme:. However, I might disgrace myself by arriving in a non-Jap car :down:

only round the corner....even more reason for you to come :laugh: dont matter if its not jap, few of my other mates coming are'nt japenese

only round the corner....even more reason for you to come :laugh: dont matter if its not jap, few of my other mates coming are'nt japenese

Yeah, I live in Milton Keynes, so it's just a quick A-road blast away :grinning:. I think I may actually be able to make it to this one, for once (Y). Just a shame I won't be coming in the Micra :down:

Its saying its about just over 4 hours drive constant, so it probably wouldn't be that much of a problem really. Only petrol (as with everyone) and my foot not working when i turned up, unless i stop a few times on the way and run about :laugh:

If theres decent numbers then i can probably be convinced, always fancied getting a 1/4 mile time.

Its saying its about just over 4 hours drive constant, so it probably wouldn't be that much of a problem really. Only petrol (as with everyone) and my foot not working when i turned up, unless i stop a few times on the way and run about :laugh:

If theres decent numbers then i can probably be convinced, always fancied getting a 1/4 mile time.

fair enough mate, sounds like quite a drive. Looks like its up to the numbers turning up, so come on people lets get the ball rolling and see a good turn out.

Will you not coming then?

Hi

If the car is setup before then i'll be there my mate has challenged me to race his type R. It started with a race against his Jordan but now he has a type Rfwn

Hi

If the car is setup before then i'll be there my mate has challenged me to race his type R. It started with a race against his Jordan but now he has a type Rfwn

Hi Paul, been a while mate. Correct me if im wrong, but im sure Mat gave me your number ages ago to call you about your experience of the helix clutch and I did call you didnt I? or maybe it was someone else :p
Hope you can come, would like to give you a race too :blush:

Right everyone, just to start getting an idea of whos coming lets put our names down. As I said we're still not sure on the exact day(2nd, or 15th), but who can make what days let me know:

2ND OCTOBER
Scopez

15TH OCTOBER
Scopez

Can do either day so wouldn't really bother me... not to sure if i would drag mine as i would be an embarrassment lol!

X2 :grinning:

Need to see if i have some money available at that time, i would love to go... :wasntme:

Keep us posted baguete (Y) hope you can make the trip

Can do either day so wouldn't really bother me... not to sure if i would drag mine as i would be an embarrassment lol!

Put your name down Shaun

Typical, the only two weekends in October that i'm busy! Have a good one guys

Hey Arnold, shame you cant make it I was hoping for a line up with the glanza :grinning:, never mind theres always a next time.

Just thought I'd see how we are doing for numbers on here :p Frank why aint you put your name down lol

I been thinking that the 15th may not be the best date seeing as the Gti festival is on the Sunday so chances are it will be packed with lost of VW's on the saturday camping over and going up the strip. So I think its really best to make this date on the 1st/2nd October which is a full on RWYB weekend with saturday being the late night special til 9.00pm. (Baring in mind the weather). That way there hopfly isn't any huge queues having to push your car along at a snail pace, and everyone can get a decent amount of runs. If this weekend does fail then the date will be on to one of the following weekends after the 15th before the end of the month, which if no one can attend I understand. Hope to see the names building on the list as time is getting closer (Y)

i,ll no doubt be there mate :wasntme: see if i can beat low rider,s time while i still have the 1275 stock cam engine in :p

good good, that what I like to hear (Y) what time is that then? and whats the other engine you got better for?

Really wanna go but won't be able to run. Still need to sort out my cam chain lol :wasntme:

Plenty of time still left to do that, and even if you cant go up the strip just pop down

good good, that what I like to hear (Y) what time is that then? and whats the other engine you got better for?
just a spare one i,m testin mate :grinning: the 1311 has been checked out inside and is ready for refit after santa pod.
and 15.7 to beat LR :grinning:

just a spare one i,m testin mate :grinning: the 1311 has been checked out inside and is ready for refit after santa pod.
and 15.7 to beat LR :grinning:

would you not be better off fitting it for pod for the best time? what did you get when you were with polly and the others? 15.7 is damn quick for an NA 1.3 didnt Stani get this also? although I've heard crail times are'nt the most accurate because its sloped

would you not be better off fitting it for pod for the best time? what did you get when you were with polly and the others? 15.7 is damn quick for an NA 1.3 didnt Stani get this also? although I've heard crail times are'nt the most accurate because its sloped

nah, i want to beat his jenvey quaded lsd ed-mapped time with my ghetto 1275 :p and the 1311 was doing 15.4,s eh.
you just want to spank mine with your GA16T really innnit :p

nah, i want to beat his jenvey quaded lsd ed-mapped time with my ghetto 1275 :p and the 1311 was doing 15.4,s eh.
you just want to spank mine with your GA16T really innnit :p

ahh I see, you've already beat that time with the 1311 but trying to do it with even less :eek: gotya (Y) whats the fastest time so far with 1275?
well to be honest mate I'm actually kind of worried you'l spank me:doh: I've had great difficulty launching the car since the remap and cams without getting bog down and I know your rapid off the line so who knows.

ahh I see, you've already beat that time with the 1311 but trying to do it with even less :eek: gotya (Y) whats the fastest time so far with 1275?
well to be honest mate I'm actually kind of worried you'l spank me:doh: I've had great difficulty launching the car since the remap and cams without getting bog down and I know your rapid off the line so who knows.

no way lol :grinning: you,ll be doing 14,s with ease, this one is only doing 9 sec 0-60 atm, i need to find another 1/2 a sec or more somehow :eek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oGCuHJivxM

Back