• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Porks bike carbs and boost project

The SC is pumping air into the engine so I don't get how it can be fighting the engine for air :confused:

Its sounds healthy enough while running just a belt squeal. The 2 things I'd look at is belt tension and pulley size. They're easier than redesigning your setup :)

All pulleys are same as it would be on the vw

Il try different tensions later too. :)

If not il have to try the tensioner on other side like this

epatu6e4.jpg

Had a eureka moment,

I remembered that with the supercharger off, when I revved, there was enough force from the turbo to turn the supercharger round.
So thought that the build up of pressure before the supercharger was enough to stall the rotors

Then thought, why is the vw setup with s/c first.

So disconnected turbo from s/c inlet and got this......

There's a bit of squeal when off throttle, but I think that's because there's no throttle pre charger now

Means that all
My lovely piping I. Made will have to be redone !

no bother, vw possibly fitted the tensioner before the s/c to sort of push the belt against the pulley if you understand that?

Re do the pipes
Gunna move idle/vac bypass valve closer to s/c
(I left it by plenum as to keep pressure in boost pipes to operate the air actuator)

Jus scribbling out sine ideas now.

Is it a case of splash more money on pipework or re-use what you got?

Is there a way you can use a smaller feed pipe to the actuator?

Well you've addressed the belt contact one side of the electric clutch pulley, what about the other side? What is the contact etc like from crank pulley to clutch?

So I'm gunna try this out now ......

surumepe.jpg

..... Which is ginna be really snug in there now ,

Still can't get my head round why I can't use the original route,

Chap on RR raised a good reason for what it might not off worked

[/quote]I think it has to do with the air capacity, how much air is going into the SC (litre) how much air can a stand alone SC deliver (litre) if theres more litres going into the SC as the SC can deliver on its own, then the SC is going to act as a restrictor, try to manage the ingoing airflow on the SC and lets see what happenes.[/quote]

thats the problem with positive displacement type forced induction neil, there are a lot of forces involved (why your car slows down/decelerates if you lift in a low gear for example, engine braking)

While I'm at it, gunna change my air operated valve to a fly by wire TB

Any speaxial consideration I need to take into account before I buy any old one?

Some stepper motor throttle body's have built in controllers, and convert throttle position from a 5v PWM signal, in which case you can get fully closed at 0v and fully open at 5v DC :)

Well that didn't work, I'm gunna need to redesign the whole supercharger/clutch bracket, just to much flex in it :(
Need to rearrange pulleys bla bla bla ......bored now!!

So I've removed it like I said I would after this attempt, changed it back to just turbo and gunna map it like that and hopefully get some use out if it

Il design and build the supercharger stuff over winter when I've got less to do, it's just taken up sooo much time. Booooooo

Another problem I've been having is a lot of unwanted attention on the car, think it's down to all the shiny stuff out on the front

My neighbour caught a load of people goin over the car the other week! Had the break in the over month, and the police don't like it to much either!

So removed this lot.....
hura5ymu.jpg

......got one of these for £15 to go in it's place, starlet top mount intercooler, so there a hell of a lot less pipes!
jute5ene.jpg

And out one off these back on front end, bit more sleeper style

Back