One for Frank?

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
Anyone heard of reverse rims, you cut the middle out like in banding and flip it and weld it back in giving you a serious dish.

I guess it'd have to be done by an engineer, I might test it on the Clio

Attachments

• PICT0020.JPG
    PICT0020.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 169
You could do that, be a bit of a pain tho at morrisons when its wet on the floow and raining.

and yes he did do them himself.

And a bit of an arse if the first time you drive off the caliper rips the vave off.

Rodders have been reverse rimming wheels since the year dot.

A chap on my other forum spent his bank holiday doing this:

DSC00452.jpg

Fronts banded to 8", rears to 9" to go on a mates Golf.

Banding doesn't generally involve cutting the wheel center out though ollie, the outer rim would be removed, by parting off on a lathe or by running an angle ginder round the rim. A loop is then tacked in place between the original inner and outer rim before being welded up.

There's a nice thread on banding here

There's some general wheel fitment info from the same author here

Hmmmm, I might be tempted to sell my alloys and have something like this instead, they look mental.

Reverse rims just change the offset and make the whole tyre sit out further, a lot like spacers only safer.

Yes but like nex says the point of doing it is the dish, not the offsett change.

And whats your logic for saying that the spacers are safer?

No I said it's like spacers but safer meaning wheels are safer as they don't clamp to an extra bit of metal.

I was gunna do it for wideness not dish

Ahh my bad, yeah if all you want to do is increase the track then spacers will work.

I suspect with a bit of hunting you'd find someone to reverse rim, re-rim or even band your wheels for not much more though. You'd get the look all the cool fasionable kids are going for as well as the wide track.

Is there an oval track near you, the guys running hotrods/2ltr Rods etc are likely to know someone.

This RR user can band 13"s for £40 a wheel.

I'm not overly interested in banding them as I have 6.5j's on the clio as it is, just want a wider track as the rears are 1/2 inch smaller than the front on the track, damn fwd cars

Yeah, that seems to show up even more on mine with the front wheels outer rim just outside the arch, and the rears well inside.

DSCI0282-1.jpg

I've a set of 6mm spacers to go on, not that they will make much difference. I could probably get away with going to 8-10mm on my studs but thats still not enough to properly bring them in line.

Didn't Anthony have som 30mm spacers for sale?

I'm getting hubcentric spacers, they bolt onto the car then the wheels bolt onto them, safest way I think, til I can afford some proper deep dish lovelyness

Back