• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My long promised blog

Why the hell not

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
20130902_100155_zps59873381.jpg

20130902_100148_zpsd348b54a.jpg

its okay dont feel bad :) my tax would be 200 euro for 1000cc, and goes up in price per 100cc after that, 2 litre diesel/petrol in ireland cost roughly 700 euros to tax for a year! and some of you may know how bad our roads are, so thats no fair lol :p

Times like this I wish the ga was an 8 valve
1378504976093.jpg

First 7 exhaust valves done in 45 mins with a spring compressor
The remaining 9 valves done with a hammer and socket in 5 minutes .. then 10 minutes prodding about trying to find a collet playing hide and seek in the head itself

I had a feeling a reply like that would pop up
Lol, I'm actually quite looking forward to having a go myself, get prepared for some seriously ghetto engineering. I mean, how hard can it be to make holes in 10mm steel with basic tools cos I ain't paying 50 quid ish for a flange :p

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4

Lol, I'm actually quite looking forward to having a go myself, get prepared for some seriously ghetto engineering. I mean, how hard can it be to make holes in 10mm steel with basic tools cos I ain't paying 50 quid ish for a flange :p

Well... err.. good look mate :p
Its good to have a go yourself. Best way to learn and of course save money

Definitely getting thicker as and when... forgot its Saturday and engineering places are shut :(
Its the inlet side. Tad more crucial than exhaust... temperamental carvs and all that :D

Turbo build only with a £50 note and change for chocolate digestives I suspect
A yorkshireman will never have a 50 quid note, too heartbreaking having to break into it. It'll be a few fivers and plain digestives, I only have chocolate ones if the person I'm visiting has some....they're bloody expensive you know :p

Chris's mani flange is about 4mm thick, it's not TOO bad but thicker plate definately recommended

The exhaust mani that I made? It's 5mm and certainly too thin (also its S.S which moves way more). Someone who is no longer on this site said he could have it made for me in 10mm but when it arrived it was 5mm :s (i wasn't in a mood to argue at the time).

The exhaust mani that I made? It's 5mm and certainly too thin (also its S.S which moves way more). Someone who is no longer on this site said he could have it made for me in 10mm but when it arrived it was 5mm :s (i wasn't in a mood to argue at the time).
Yeah, to be fair I never measured it :)

Back