• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Hoodedreeper's K11 RELOADED!!

Yeah same as the green one with a square number plate in the centre of the bumper. But this time i've got a caravan number plate instead of those LED bolt ones.

The LED bolt ones look GREAT but the thickness of the wire was thinner than speaker wire! I soldered it dozens of times and kept breaking. This way the wire is thicker and will hopefully do a better job.

The paint is already mixed (done it at work) and i've also got lacquer and red primer from work aswell.

Just need to wait for warmer weather and my work mate will spray it for me. Needs some TLC as apprently theres abit of rust bubbling under the window.Also the lock needs smoothing over and where the hole is welded that needs filling more to make the boot round. As its round then goes flat where the weld plate is.

Whiteline Strut brace is now fitted,sorry for poor pics:

IMG_7963.jpg

IMG_7967.jpg

Also decided to vinyl the door pillar parts black:

DSCF8657.jpg

DSCF8655.jpg

New websticker aswell which is my new Photography website:

DSCF8656.jpg

Only managed to do one side as it started to rain :(

Took it out a couple of times so far and deff noticed the difference.But will all the salt and crap on the roads,its hard to 'proply' test it ;)

he got them off my mate nick that doesnt use this any more i like it chris cant wait to get mine on and my read arb as well like the black vinal bits looks kool suits the car

Dont think i did,its going back on soon anyway :)

New fog light bulbs arrived today,and luckily they dont burn out this time!

Before & After:
IMG_8034.jpg

r.jpg

IMG_8054.jpg

He must have wired them differently cause i'm pretty sure its part of the law they come on with the lights. I don't know about pre as only a few came with fog lights as the super s came with driving lights.

nice hoody i cant drive a micra with out my after market wheel on now as the normal wheel feels to much like a bus wheel makes driving that little bit easier as well i think imo you sorted the horn yet

there is a few threads on it, iirc you have to leave the battery disconnected for a certain amount of time then you need a special torx bolt.

Massive thanks goes to K6pfs for the help aswell!

Yeah the 2nd phone call was about the horn lol

I disconnected the battery,waited 2 mins then took it off with no problems :) Some told me to wait 2-3hrs...some said 24hrs. Rung up a friend who works for Vauxhall and he said he usually waits 2mins and then its ready to be removed :)

Oh and for anyone whos wanting to add a steering wheel,the torx bit you'd need is a T50 :)

i diconet the battery for 30minutes ;)..then unlock the airbag star screw things, i use a breaker bar they can be that stiff! then sraight farward from there lol

i did quite a lot, and only ever made sure the ignition key was out, i always turned my face away when unplugging it tho :eek:

Looking better every time i read your updates Hoodreeps. I didnt realise it was that complicated to change over the steering wheel (the whole air bag thing never occured to me lol) How much did the wheel and Boss kit cost you in the end, if you dont mind me asking?

meh...nevermind ey! Its already paid for and fitted,so cant really do anything about it now :(

Smooth boot and Super S spoiler is now in the body shop! Told my mate i aint in a rush for it,said i can wait till end of feb for them.But i think the temptation will be tooo great to NOT put them on!

What! Bosses are £35 delivered from ebay iirc.

Are you talking about Bosses for the particular steering wheel, or is there like a default Boss kit, that fits all steering wheels, for the nissan micra? Just that im looking to replace my steering wheel sooon, so trying to get as much info as i can on em,
Thanks lads

Are you talking about Bosses for the particular steering wheel, or is there like a default Boss kit, that fits all steering wheels, for the nissan micra? Just that im looking to replace my steering wheel sooon, so trying to get as much info as i can on em,
Thanks lads

the micra only has one boss kit...altough most other nissan boss fit like sunny, almera, skyline, pulsar iirc.

that heat sheild is cool, how much did it cost if you dont mind be asking?

Back