Binned It!!

Eliot

Ex Super S Owner
just fitted Ga16 injectors, so I took the car out for a run, ended up going down a road that wasn't gritted, reached a corner doing a sensible 15mph the car skidded and hit a tree.

All the passenger side bumpers caved in and the front wing. However the car is still drivable.

mah, i rwrote off a mk5 golf in my car, 99p later and a new front wing off ebay and all was sorted..lol (Y):laugh:

mah, i rwrote off a mk5 golf in my car, 99p later and a new front wing off ebay and all was sorted..lol (Y):laugh:

this has busted the plastic bumper (super s bumpers in red are a nightmare to find) and the metal front wing is caved in.

Im going to get pictures in a bit.

i forget how much they said now mate (the paint was flaking bad, and a scuff on the front) probably £30 with the spotlights ?

PICT0002.jpg

PICT0003.jpg

Take the bumper off and get a hair dryer or similar on the bumper and slowly heat it up / push it back...you might be suprised how much it returns.

Just dont melt the bumper :D.

The wing though looks ######ed haha

Good to know everything / everyone else involved is ok.

glad your all good mate.... id get all that off as you may have bent something else underneath... you can never tell how bad it is but with that nothing a good old porter power or something cant dandle

thanks for all the comments guys, like you say it could have been worse, It was gonna hit head on but I managed to turn it before it hit.

@adam thanks for the links mate, the first one looks like a potential buy. Just need to get paid first.

love the title "binned it":grinning::grinning: in true holywood fashion
you wedged that light well in.
PICT0003.jpg
[/QUOTE]

glad your ok
dont you have something to chop down your xmass tree with
it prob seemed easyer to micra it down :laugh::laugh:

Sorry to hear man why do you need the ga16 injectors?You goin turbo?Because you wont need them otherwise

As has been mentioned you may be surprised what a hot air gun could do for the bumper,may just need a little filler when it's popped out.Must be able to find a red wing in the breakers...
I had got used to a 4x4 Legacy with ABS in the snow..picked up a sales Micra from it's repairs/MOT..was being cocky down a snowy side road & slid into the back of a van.I was lucky,the headlight took the whole of the impact so no real drama..

Glad the car's ok but you can't be replaced?

Yes he could - Tom Hanks :grinning:.

Update

Okay, I noticed that the plastic headlight mountings have snapped so ive bought one for a tenner and picking it up tomorrow. The guy also wanted £15 for the wing but unfortunately it has been sold. The plan is to strip the bumper off and do as you said - heat it up pop the dents out and fix up the cracks etc.

Update - Frank kindly told me about a red super s in a scrap yard 20 mins down the road from me. When I got there the car was untouched! So now ive bought all the bits I need, the front bumper will need respraying as the paint is badly flaking.

+1 too that, there's one holding my wheel liner in place because it fell onto the wheel on the motorway and it made a right racket!
so are mine, flying down motorway doing 80 then "drrrrrr" noise, throught tyre had blown turned out it was sticking out at 90 degrees to the wheel....
gaffer tape and cable ties are a lifesaver ;)

no, the clocks were gone :wasntme:

and the battery. :grinning:

I also to pick up some more wheel arch liner as the cable tie snapped and the arch liner flew out on to motorway. If you find any wheel arch liner on the M6 its mine. :wasntme:

So after a trip down the scrappy I picked up all the parts for £70. The only downside is that most the red paint has flaked of the bumper.

Took me three hours today to replace all these parts which isnt too bad considering I didn't have a clue how to do it. So the car is back in good condition and just needs a respray on the bumper to finish her off.

Also the car has been in a head on crash before, The chassis was all bent out of place and we had to do some extensive hammering to get it straight. The bumper fits better than before now.

Back