bad k11 lighting

Ian

Ex. Club Member
Since im up and down from scotland a lot i've noticed that K11 headlights are really poor, id probably be better off with candles instead.. So is there anything i can do improve this? Do all these bulbs i see actually work? 30% more light etc.

If you can get them try Osram super bi-lux, i think these are 30%extra jobbies. The only car i have needed more in ended up with 100/80w o_O

is it actually a problem? cos it could be a bad earth or a corroded connector,

i have 100w bulbs in the headlights and 100w bulbs in the driving lamps, and when they're all on you can see my car from space :D

I got the Halfords top of the range extra bright ones (can't remember the exact name) when I had my K11, and they made a massive difference. They were buy one get one free last time I was in Halfords too.

I recently bought a set of Philips Blue Vision 9005 (HB3) from www.powerbulbs.com, the lighting is so much better, even the side lights are good in the dark. I also just bought some Super S driving lamps to help as well

Make sure the ones you buy are road legal. You only need to worry about UV filters if your head lights are plastic.

Demarest said:
Make sure the ones you buy are road legal. You only need to worry about UV filters if your head lights are plastic.
Could you clarify this a little, I have plastic lenses on mine, why would I need to worry about UV filters ?

After a while the lenses will turn a faded yellow and look horrible, and if the bulbs are really powerfull they will melt the lenses

Mk1 Mondeos are notorious for it

Back