Audio Yay or Nay - You decide...

Should Smidge but a sub in the boot of the ST?

• I love BASS!!!

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • Music just slows you down...

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Ride a bike save the planet wear an ipod shoot a hippie etc etc

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smidge

Small Car Enthusiast
Site Supporter
a picture says it all.... should i?

sub.jpg

noooo. if you want music, stick your headphones in. if you wanna slow your car down be my guest.
i did it once. had a £2000 install with everything amped and lit up with plexiglass and led's. got bored of explaining to people why my car was so low at the back. so i ripped it out with all the other stuff, carpets, door cards, roof lining, passenger seat, spare wheel, jack etc etc

I don't think an 10kg (max) sub box and amp combo is going to make that much of a differency antony!

Smidge, if you want it then do it :)

and Ant, what on earth did you have that cost £2k?!

IMO I love the sound of my 1.6 Turbo, The sound system which came in the car is crap, I have one speaker which works, but I don't care because I have the sexual sound of the spooling of the turbo and the dump valve, it's the best sound for your ears!!

You have one better and have the beautfiul whine of a supercharger too!!!

on the other hand. BASS IS GOOD!!!!

Go with the bass!!!

see i like both really but after a while i need a bass fix im a bass junkie

@ ant haha i only voted it to be differant lol sorry im going to play on my portable climbing frame

iam done with stripping out...a sub & amp is fine imo (in fact iam thinking of getting one), its just when people stick 1000's of 6x9's and leds, and MDF in there boot, that slows you down, all then sound is in the back so is crap when driving to listen to music...and you just should a chav as theres more music than bass. its only good when you open your boot to your mates in a carpark...and there all like ''Phat install m8''

absolutly no idea of the weight of that...but id reckon chuck your spare wheel and it maybe work out even? Just carry some of that tyre foam stuff instead :)

Having said that, im not a big fan of audio...even when had something i liked listening to id usually switch it off and listen to the engine, but maybe thats cos i only had the standard cassette deck in lol.

I love audio, spent too much in my time, but I could never have anything that didn't sound good. Imo a good /road/ car is one that's good in all respects. Reasonable audio is a must!

I used to have a huge install in my last st and I loved it,although I've grown out of that I just have a decent head unit and reasonable speakers in my current st

mate you only got 1 life..............LIVE IT...... Lol i love bass and wouldn't think about talking my sub out...

Please do not use text speak while posting.

MSC Admin

iam done with stripping out...a sub & amp is fine imo (in fact iam thinking of getting one), its just when people stick 1000's of 6x9's and leds, and MDF in there boot, that slows you down, all then sound is in the back so is crap when driving to listen to music...and you just should a chav as theres more music than bass. its only good when you open your boot to your mates in a carpark...and there all like ''Phat install m8''

I should have shut you in my car at JAE then.....then you might have stopped moaning! :laugh:

I put some nice 4 way 6x9s in the back of mine to compensate for no sub, I am pretty happy with the sound I got. I do see the appeal with a sub tho.

don't get why the admins would move this to the ST section, is a K10 boot not exactly the same as an ST boot?

Any mighty mods vids of this?

I don't do the mighty mods vids, that's smidge :)

However, my ST had no parcel shelf when I bought it. So I just threw something together with mdf board, trimmed it in black velvet and velcroed it into the back so it doesn't slip around and can be removed easily. It wasnt entirely successful though, I need to reinforce it more as the speakers were too heavy for the thickness I used. When I get the car back I'll fix it up and put some pics up.

Audio with deadening/insulation

You guys probably seen the thread on my sound insulation,well I discovered my speakers were worse for wear while I was doing the job, so I replaced them there today and the sound difference with the insulation in the door is unreal, alot more bass etc would definitely recommend it to any st/k10 owner!!

Back