what did you do to your micra today ?

I just use tapatalk now so it's so much better than forum runner. I need to learn and to used it. :)

I can post pictures straight away so I will try out after I send this comment. Edit: I got to sign up so I will do it tonight.

For iPhone users, you should get tapatalk. It's free to download it. :)

Cheers
Jk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

u9ese6a4.jpg

Can anyone see this picture?

Oh right. I bought this GX so there is no light bulb on this clock. I picked one from my spare speedo so i put spare light bulb on this clock. It was working afterward. It's like plug and play.

Cleaned it, polished it, loaded it onto a trailer :)

As I was pressure washing it though....More Paint peeled :'(

May have to buy a new boot :(

OH, and it passed it's MOT with 'no' advisories! It's good to know an MOT tester ;)

And here is a happy dog, as I'm happy.

Sureee... just like I've never done a handbrake turn in the middle of the road when I forgot my wallet. I see your point :p

Why not road legal?

Sureee... just like I've never done a handbrake turn in the middle of the road when I forgot my wallet. I see your point :p

Why not road legal?

Oh it is road legal, I'm not just 17 yet :p parents are insured but they'd rather not drive it any further than the 5 mins to the petrol station

Friday night, suzie's third engine was installed. Much neater job this time! Even greased the manifold gaskets to get a perfect blow free seal ;) needs a steam clean though! The best way to learn is definitely to go out and do it!
gy2e5a5e.jpg

Suzie the Super S

Oh it is road legal, I'm not just 17 yet :p parents are insured but they'd rather not drive it any further than the 5 mins to the petrol station

That's probably a good thing you know - Every time my parents cars break down they steal mine! If mine breaks down the "insurance is too much" for me on theirs, despite both of their cars being lower insurance groups than mine, and I'm told to get my things and head for the bus stop!

I think my dad enjoys my car a little too much though, he normally drives either a note or a K12 activ, so they're a bit sloppy compared to the Sport+, my mum doesn't like it as she's an awful driver so it's "like her's just more difficult to park"

That's probably a good thing you know - Every time my parents cars break down they steal mine! If mine breaks down the "insurance is too much" for me on theirs, despite both of their cars being lower insurance groups than mine, and I'm told to get my things and head for the bus stop!

I think my dad enjoys my car a little too much though, he normally drives either a note or a K12 activ, so they're a bit sloppy compared to the Sport+, my mum doesn't like it as she's an awful driver so it's "like her's just more difficult to park"

Im getting another road micra soon to learn to drive in, sure dad will nick it to replace his camper :(
Edit: everyone must just love micra's :p

WDID? Ghetto induction y0!

Feels to be pulling better around 3k, and sounds lovley when you can hear it over the exhaust, gives a deepr note to the whole set up :)

Empty GA16 box with cone filter over it :D

Photo0094_zpse25cec39.jpg

WDID? Ghetto induction y0!

Feels to be pulling better around 3k, and sounds lovley when you can hear it over the exhaust, gives a deepr note to the whole set up :)

Empty GA16 box with cone filter over it :D

Photo0094_zpse25cec39.jpg
Might as well stick it straight on the throttle body tbh, no benefit doing it that way.

IMG_20131006_162853[1].jpg

could always try my option, remove the pipe from the GA box and run that down near the G/B, works well for me, helps loads at the top end when the car moving

I'd say sitting it ontop of the TB isn't as beneficial as my way.

I did have a silicone pipe coming off the TB and over behind the battery, but there was such a delay in acceleration as the TB opened as it had to suck air through the filter and along the pipe, I took it off after a week or so, noise was great tho!.

So now I have the almera box to act as a holding tank if you will, so there is always air waiting. and I get noise too :D

Being as the topic is induction setups
View attachment 25672
That bloody electric fan!
I'd say sitting it ontop of the TB isn't as beneficial as my way.

I did have a silicone pipe coming off the TB and over behind the battery, but there was such a delay in acceleration as the TB opened as it had to suck air through the filter and along the pipe, I took it off after a week or so, noise was great tho!.

So now I have the almera box to act as a holding tank if you will, so there is always air waiting. and I get noise too :D
More air outside the filter though eh :) A length of pipe of suitable diameter between filter and air box will help more, as the momentum in of the air in the pipe helps fill the cylinders to a small extent on the intake stroke :)

That bloody electric fan!

More air outside the filter though eh :) A length of pipe of suitable diameter between filter and air box will help more, as the momentum in of the air in the pipe helps fill the cylinders to a small extent on the intake stroke :)

So your saying stick a pipe from the box and then the cone filter? :p

Back