what did you do to your micra today ?

WDIDT?

I changed....Supervised my personal engineer (dad) change my Brake discs and pads :p

while we had the front wheels off I gave them a scrub and polish....
this was made alot easier as one of the first thing we did with my car when we got her home in 2009 was take off each wheel, scrub it clean of tar and brake dust, then poilish it...makes future cleaning so easy ;)

Before:
DSC00667_zps28044cc0.jpg

After
DSC00672_zpse570c962.jpg

.....and I also re-did the red paint on my calipers...it was looking shocking! LOL

Before:
DSC00682_zpsce4f8c5a.jpg

After:
DSC00683_zpsbe2ce5c0.jpg

I also reset my trip computer's maintenance reminder.

it is without my fav show

Should watch it, Beards, Guns and Rednecks hahaha.

Still little bits of dirty on my alloys but much nicer, need to get a proper camera for some shots :)

I assume it's much like that swamp men show...in which case my dad'd love it LOL

try a little polish on your wheels, it'll help get those last bit of tar off too ;)

Wdid?? Due to working 12 and 13 hour shifts and not having the time or energy for updates the following was done last thursday :oops:
So wdid? ROAD TRIP :D 170 mile round trip to see Andy (h701)
I'd like to say first of all, without blowing smoke up anyones ar$e, Andy is one of the nicest and most generous guys you could hope to meet, as is his missus and kids, a lovely family :)
Some of you will be meeting Andy at JAE and you are the lucky ones ;)
Anyway.....
IMAG0801_zpsb8d1f9d4.jpg

IMAG0807_zps0b6331b8.jpg

This wasn't purely a social call, Andy had very kindly offered his services to assist me in a job I needed to take care of.
This job......... :D

IMAG0814_zps63c83885.jpg

So the long and short of it is that I drove to Louth in a cg10 and drove back to Sheffield in a cg13 :D

Anyways, once more to Andy I extend my deepest thanks for your assistance and generosity, you're a diamond geezer ;)

I'd also like to extend a big thank you to our very own frank for sorting out, over the phone, a big issue that arose from a bollock dropped by yours truly :oops:

Thank you Uncle Frank ;)

And btw, for any doubters out there Nissanubaru IS REAL!!! ;)

Wdid?? Due to working 12 and 13 hour shifts and not having the time or energy for updates the following was done last thursday :oops:
So wdid? ROAD TRIP :D 170 mile round trip to see Andy (h701)
I'd like to say first of all, without blowing smoke up anyones ar$e, Andy is one of the nicest and most generous guys you could hope to meet, as is his missus and kids, a lovely family :)
Some of you will be meeting Andy at JAE and you are the lucky ones ;)
Anyway.....

This wasn't purely a social call, Andy had very kindly offered his services to assist me in a job I needed to take care of.
This job......... :D

So the long and short of it is that I drove to Louth in a cg10 and drove back to Sheffield in a cg13 :D

Anyways, once more to Andy I extend my deepest thanks for your assistance and generosity, you're a diamond geezer ;)

I'd also like to extend a big thank you to our very own frank for sorting out, over the phone, a big issue that arose from a bollock dropped by yours truly :oops:

Thank you Uncle Frank ;)

And btw, for any doubters out there Nissanubaru IS REAL!!! ;)

what did you do? lol

what did you do? lol

I knew somebody would ask that :( No "well done on your engine swap" all people want to know about is the fcuk ups ;)

I got the 2 fuel lines to the fuel rail the wrong way round so the car wouldn't start :oops:
In my defence I was tired, it was late and I was panicking cos I had a 85 mile return trip to make and work early the next morning :rolleyes:

Dropped off the new Micra rally car engine off to be built up and timed up.

Then the Rover 200 road car died.... After 161,000 miles 110,000 of which in my ownership, sad days (yes its a k series and the head gasket has let go, but it has served my very well)

Had a 3rd overall in targa rally, multiple class wins in targa rallies, and autosolos, autotest and won a navex. All whilst my road car, taking me around the country with work, plus i got married in the car, took my dad home from hospital for the last time, many many high speed thrashes through the lanes, suprised many many people how fast it can go. Used as a rally service barge, moved house, carried far more than it ever should have done, and never complained until now....

Will be sad to she her gone.....

Luckily she let go a couple of miles from home, and it is a quiet time at work, so can sort something out, hopefully will be picking up the new motor soon.

Well I don't know any of those shows. Anyways, looking at buying a P plate SR in gold, with 79K on the dial, 10 mnths MOT 4 mnths tax, discs all round limited edition, needs a bit of tlc - £550 (won't pay that) It comes with a K&N filter ??? and a powerflow exhaust ?????? whatever they are, just make a noise I expect. Looks like a boy racer is flogging it ( any-one on here)
If there's no welding, I might buy it while I sort out my girls airbag light, still not sorted - fecking MOT's. Got quoted £84 for one today from a scrappy in London - must be one closer than that, going to see what a new one will cost tomorrow so I have a comparison. Anyways, I'm rambling now, and the missus wants to watch a film, so, better score a few points.

Well I don't know any of those shows. Anyways, looking at buying a P plate SR in gold, with 79K on the dial, 10 mnths MOT 4 mnths tax, discs all round limited edition, needs a bit of tlc - £550 (won't pay that) It comes with a K&N filter ??? and a powerflow exhaust ?????? whatever they are, just make a noise I expect. Looks like a boy racer is flogging it ( any-one on here)
If there's no welding, I might buy it while I sort out my girls airbag light, still not sorted - fecking MOT's. Got quoted £84 for one today from a scrappy in London - must be one closer than that, going to see what a new one will cost tomorrow so I have a comparison. Anyways, I'm rambling now, and the missus wants to watch a film, so, better score a few points.
Buy it...of tell me where it is...LOL

I knew somebody would ask that :( No "well done on your engine swap" all people want to know about is the fcuk ups ;)

I got the 2 fuel lines to the fuel rail the wrong way round so the car wouldn't start :oops:
In my defence I was tired, it was late and I was panicking cos I had a 85 mile return trip to make and work early the next morning :rolleyes:

dont worry i didnt get well done on either of my engine swaps and done all by myself, well a lil help from any on the second one cos i dropped a bllock too :p lol

Was a very entertaining day Ade was it not. Slow and steady was meant to win the race but lack of daylight on clock ticking soon sped us up.
Aye you got to meet the beast that be Nissanubaru but shh tis a secret :D
Your pictures are better than mine.. makes my cars bum look big in mudflaps :/

Yep, a good day was had by all :) Some panic creeping in on my part but hey ho, made it interesting :rolleyes:

Buy it then sell it to me later :p I want rear discs!
Good luck with yours btw

For the brakes working not for looks lol

imo during normal cold street application the k11 rear drum brakes (if working and setup properly and the self adjuster is working smoothly) actually grips harder than k11 rear discs due to their self-energizing behaviour but prob not ideal for intensive application due to heat.

the k11 rear caliper handbrake system is quite weak and the internal mech is prone to drying n seizing but
the main key benefit of the k11 rear disc tbh is improved heat management during highly intense application like on track.

imo during normal cold street application the k11 rear drum brakes (if working and setup properly and the self adjuster is working smoothly) actually grips harder than k11 rear discs due to their self-energizing behaviour but prob not ideal for intensive application due to heat.

the k11 rear caliper handbrake system is quite weak and the internal mech is prone to drying n seizing but
the main key benefit of the k11 rear disc tbh is improved heat management during highly intense application like on track.
What did you tell me that for, don't know whether to buy it or not now !!!!! you sod !!!! What does the K&N filter do ??? and the powerflow back box ????? What horsepower does the SR push out ???? more than my 1.4 at 86 hp ???? are they the same size engine ???? Questions, questions and decisions. Come on people you know the answers - please.

Back