what did you do to your micra today ?

Wdidy.....got married. ...again....:eek:

sent using the send button. .....
My my mum said she used her various marriages as a system of success. She just worked through them all until she found the right one... My dad is perfect for her bless. No one else will put up with her **** :D

signature...please ignore anything I say...when using my phone it is either bad grammar or rubbish spelling.

My my mum said she used her various marriages as a system of success. She just worked through them all until she found the right one... My dad is perfect for her bless. No one else will put up with her ####

I like that life motto. ...if your mum doesn't mind I will live by that one to..;)

sent using the send button. .....

what did you use to seal this?

Its not sealed yet
This is a primer rust converter. I don't think it going to actually do much... But if it works then awesome. The shell does not have much longer left I think. Maybe 3 odd years with this work. So I am in the game of prolonging it's death. So couple layers of this then a possible paint designed for this sort of thing and then wayoyl. I reckon anything is better than nothing. The more layers between the rust and the water and air the better.

signature...please ignore anything I say...when using my phone it is either bad grammar or rubbish spelling.

Its not sealed yet
This is a primer rust converter. I don't think it going to actually do much... But if it works then awesome. The shell does not have much longer left I think. Maybe 3 odd years with this work. So I am in the game of prolonging it's death. So couple layers of this then a possible paint designed for this sort of thing and then wayoyl. I reckon anything is better than nothing. The more layers between the rust and the water and air the better.

i see looked like underseal, did you use a rust treatment or just direct to rust paint

I know I did wonder if they were boxed wrong but apex only list 30mm ones
Matt measure your ride height (sills to floor just behind your front wheel) and tell me what you got, I got the same Apex lowered springs so we'll compare results, also report your tyres size

i see looked like underseal, did you use a rust treatment or just direct to rust paint
See it is a rust treatment within itself. But you can paint on it. See how it goes it may be pants lol. I tested what it was like sticking to untouched paint. It sticks rather well.

WDIDT?...went to the scrap yard and found a full set of 4 genuine nissan floor mats from the 80's...Had to have them LOL
(they have cutting instructions on the reverse for a micra and laurel..amoung otheres :p)
They're in a bit of a state right now but they'll clean up okay ^_^

DSC00425_zps004d16c8.jpg

DSC00426_zpsdf95c219.jpg

yes...it does seem that someone started to cut them and stopped, just taking out a little square <_< ...nevermind, that's the rear two anyhow :rolleyes:
...but I ended up getting them for free because my dad bought a set of Classic Ford Alloys for his Lowcost racecar at work, and I smiled nicely...bargain! :D

What men will do for Jen when she smiles at them... :p

Wdid? Fitted the longer studs and 9.5mm spacers on the rear... Definitely need to be lower, there's almost a whole finger of arch gap! :p

Regreased the hubs while I was at it

What men will do for Jen when she smiles at them... :p

Wdid? Fitted the longer studs and 9.5mm spacers on the rear... Definitely need to be lower, there's almost a whole finger of arch gap! :p

Regreased the hubs while I was at it
You coming round?

zamu6ura.jpg

BAM light protector thingies... Am I JDM now?:rolleyes::confused:

WDID?

Removed the rear seat. Underneath it very oily. Here is the video.

Replaced the suspected radiator fan with one which was working, but found its not working. The other thing that I have noticed is that the radiator is not warming but pipes are warm. Does that mean the water pump is not working?

Regards

WDID?

Removed the rear seat. Underneath it very oily. Here is the video.

Replaced the suspected radiator fan with one which was working, but found its not working. The other thing that I have noticed is that the radiator is not warming but pipes are warm. Does that mean the water pump is not working?

Regards
No video

WDIDT? Made a decat from a CGA primary cat, just wondering if it will have any improvement over the CG decat i ran before? Being longer i am wondering if it would improve power or response due to being able to hold slightly more gas before if gets thrown down the pipe, creating a sort of venturi effect more than the CG cat. Any thoughts?

I was thinking the same, but unless its tried we will never know :) just a shame i dont have access to a dyno to test them back to back

Tbh it's far from an ideal exhaust setup anyway, but I personally would use the shortest one I could get. I wonder if some pipe could be welded into the inside of the cat just long enough the end seats flush against the inside of the manifold to essentially shrink the cat internal diameter to something a bit more appropriate? Hmmm...

Hazara can you upload a vid on replacing the radiator as mine seems to have no leeway atall. Please if you can but nevermind if you cant. Cheers mate

Well i have a CG modded mani and at the moment access to a CG cat, CG decat, CGA decat, and CGA cat, running into a PL/sportex system. I am not an engineer but from what i can gather, a bigger longer decat after the mani, than standard, would increase the venturi effect as more gas could build up and then draw at higher pressure, this would be benificial at higher rpm as the flow rate would be quite high and draw more gas out. At low rpm i can see this causing a stalling effect in the exhaust gas flow tho, but i can deal with this, maybe i am shooting at stars, but until i try it i dont know :)

Matt measure your ride height (sills to floor just behind your front wheel) and tell me what you got, I got the same Apex lowered springs so we'll compare results, also report your tyres size
:) i measured a stock facelift in our car park today, 610 f 630 r (arch to floor, stock 165/60/14,s)
mine was 560 front and rear, both sides (165/70/13 balloon tyres)

Well i have a CG modded mani and at the moment access to a CG cat, CG decat, CGA decat, and CGA cat, running into a PL/sportex system. I am not an engineer but from what i can gather, a bigger longer decat after the mani, than standard, would increase the venturi effect as more gas could build up and then draw at higher pressure, this would be benificial at higher rpm as the flow rate would be quite high and draw more gas out. At low rpm i can see this causing a stalling effect in the exhaust gas flow tho, but i can deal with this, maybe i am shooting at stars, but until i try it i dont know :)
When exhaust gases hit the cat they enter a region of larger cross sectional area. This allows more air through yes, but you have a choke at the other end in the form of the rest of the exhaust system. What will happen is the manifold will fill with exhaust gases moving at a slower speed than in the rest of the system, and gases at slower speeds exert a higher pressure on it's surroundings. This causes back pressure, which is good in a tuned pulse exhaust system, bad in every other application.

What it may do also is act as an accumulator, smoothing out the pulsive nature of the exhaust. This would make the exhaust ever so slightly quieter, but I don't see it having an effect on the performance...

micraaaaa 003.JPG
micraaaa 002.JPG
removed the battery and used underseal to protect the battery holding plate. My car has never overheated however the coolant bottle has turned a rusty colour. The water seems clean. What's going on? So ive removed the coolant bottle and attempted cleaning using all sorta houehold products also used a flexi brush and gave it a wash in the dish washer. It's much better now much cleaner, however not 100%. Any ideas on how to clean it ou please people???

Cheers for that Enuo, i am not expecting a massive increase in performance or responsiveness, but would i be right in thinking that at a high flow rate this would negate the choke affect caused by the final size of the exhaust? So at high rpm with the constant flow at high ish pressure this would in fact draw more gas out and thus increase performance slightly, much like a laminar air flow? Low pressure causing a high pressure flow?

Cheers for that Enuo, i am not expecting a massive increase in performance or responsiveness, but would i be right in thinking that at a high flow rate this would negate the choke affect caused by the final size of the exhaust? So at high rpm with the constant flow at high ish pressure this would in fact draw more gas out and thus increase performance slightly, much like a laminar air flow? Low pressure causing a high pressure flow?
I think you're thinking about it wrong. A 3 inch pipe with a 2 inch restrictor plate in the middle can only flow as much air as a 2 inch pipe (give or take). The narrowest point in the system dictates the flow rate, everything else will have a mininal effect.

Discovered my panhard rod is dented where my exhaust hits..:rolleyes:

Nuts look rusty as hell too

Must have been the salt on the roads? Its an adjustable from Noddie

What color are we thinking for the engine bay.. Purple, creme or black?

Back