Weight

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Can anyone tell me how much a K11 engine and gearbox together weights?

Cheers
Arnold

Although this isn't answering your question I was wondering why do you want to know? Thinking of dropping a CG13DE in your k10?

Ems said:
He's having a 1.3 k11 engine put in his k10 and were picking the engine up on Sat!!!! :)
do you want to know if you'll be able to lift it yourselves then?
me and my brother managed to carry my 1.3 engine and box together, but it was heavy.
hope this answers your question
if i had to guess i'd say 70-80kg, maybe more

silver_si said:
do you want to know if you'll be able to lift it yourselves then?
me and my brother managed to carry my 1.3 engine and box together, but it was heavy.
hope this answers your question
if i had to guess i'd say 70-80kg, maybe more

We need to know if a super s k10 lowered 35mm, with us two, will manage to carry it lol!!!! As were picking it up from Edinburgh!! :S

Middlesborough! We're getting the car from Edinburgh, and the car will be fine. We're having steelies on it so it wont rub or anything. Im told it's the equivilent of having two or three adults in the back

Need to know if the suspension will need changing to cope with the weight. Not sure how it will compare to the K10 engine & box

Well the suspension on a 1.0 and 1.3L K11 is the same? correct?

The 1.0l K11 engine can't weight much diff to the K10 1.0l

N u being a skinny bloke means u're not putting much extra weight on the suspension as well!!!

I imagine it'll be alright......just working through simple logic!!

yea i think they will be the same weight,

i was looking at 1.3 blie engines today and i can lift them by hand!! and thats the engine, gearbox and diff!! AND 170BHP stock ;)

Gearbox weighs stuff all. Mabye 20kg at the most without the fluid.

Engine, as far as I understand, with everything on it weighs about 80kg. Yes it'll weigh down ze k10 but it won't be too bad. if the weight distribution is too bad you'll have to take the gearbox off and get your front seat passenger to nurse it. Put the weight over the front. :p

On topic ollie & nex

Im not buying anything to support the springs etc, we'l get that car back one way or another! Just wanting to know if the front springs currently fitted (Spax) will need to be replaced once the engine goes in.

From what you guys are saying, no changes should be needed.

That's the feeling I get mate, but you won't know until u do it!!!

If it is too much weight, just get fat ppl in the back of ur car 2 even the weight out!!!

ollie240585 said:
That's the feeling I get mate, but you won't know until u do it!!!

If it is too much weight, just get fat ppl in the back of ur car 2 even the weight out!!!

I hope your not implying i'm the fat person that has to get in the back!!!

And stop chatting up my man!! :p

Ems said:
I hope your not implying i'm the fat person that has to get in the back!!!

And stop chatting up my man!! :p

No wasn't implying that at all, I imagine u way as much as a wheel nut, there's nout of ya!!!

N u got no worries there, he's not my type, he's got the wrong anatomy for the start!!!! LMAO

Off topic i know but...Give the scottish members a shout when you are up and we could get a little meet if you want?

ollie240585 said:
N u got no worries there, he's not my type, he's got the wrong anatomy for the start!!!! LMAO

LOLOL!! Glad to hear it!!

Daz, on this occasion it's a flying visit however im sure i'l come up there again with Ems either later in the year or early 2007

Awww do we have too!!!!! :p

ollie240585 said:
No wasn't implying that at all, I imagine u way as much as a wheel nut, there's nout of ya!!!

Glad to hear it!!! :p

And i'm pretty sure i weigh around 1000 wheel nuts lol!!!!! (or more)

hang on, so do you want the weight in wheel nuts!?!?

have you checked the haynes? or Cisco's site, i believe he has a page with the specs of the k11, there may be something about the weight... but i think most micra engines weigh the same.

it helps nissan mass produce without having to change things.... go nissan :D

i dont see why you would need to change anything,

the k10 gearbox is deffinatly heavier than the k11
the k10 engine would be lighter due to being 8 valve and 1ltr
the k11 gearbox is lighter
the k11 engine would be slighty heavier due to 1.3 ltr and twin cam

so it evens its self out and i doubt you will see any difference in handling tbh

Regarding the CG engine being heavier as it's a 1.3 is not true, as it's the same physical size, and exactly the same block as the CG10 but with a longer stroke.

I'd imagine the CG10 and CG13 both weigh near enough the same, and probably lighter than the MA. That's a guess as I'm assuming the MA engine is Cast Iron, where as the CG is alloy.

Back