Thunder Storm - large images.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Had a nice thunderstorm here last night. Here are some pics I took from it..

img_8894.jpg

img_8897.jpg
img_8899.jpg
img_8902.jpg
img_8932.jpg
img_8999.jpg

Then saving the best until last...

img_8968.jpg

The last pic was quite freaky actually. It was totally dark (no streetlighting) then that ripped across the sky it took me by surprise as it was not really that far away.

nice pics but damn what camera u have too cuz lightning flashes for a half a sec n u need time to get a decent exposure in the dark dont u

I have a Canon 10D. I used a 15 sec shutter on most of those shots.

Ed said:
I have a Canon 10D. I used a 15 sec shutter on most of those shots.
;)
Was amazing watching all those strikes go off first hand though! Didn't get home till about 4am though lol

ED THE STORM CHASER!

my house got him with lighting last year. Destroyed all the tvs and pcs etc and blew my chimmeny stright off the house.

...insurance company paid up as well and paid for the lot to be replaced.
..sure it was an act of god lol.

the 2nd and 3rd pic looks like it hit the same spot.. unless its the same bolt of lightning

Look closer, they are different! It would have been quite scary to have been near them however as 3 of them are very close to eachother where they touch down.

The 10D is a nice camera, a little old now, but this will be last d slr I for a while, untill I can afford a full frame dslr.

Amazing pics!!! Looks very impressive, was quite spectacular here too. :) Looks very close on that last one. I can never ctach them on my cameral lol.

Layla said:
my hair costs £80 though ;)

Mine's a DIY jobby with a mirror and some clippers :D

Love the pics man......must be quite good with a camera to get shots like thate....sure they're not photoshop jobbies ?? lol

Back