the battle is on. Gtec times!

Ian

Ex. Club Member
post them up. Went out in chie's car last night (since he hasn't posted yet). Quickest was a 9.24 0-60... But it's fried the lamba sensor. We'll do both my K11 and K10 soon :).

Ian

Beachboy said:
7.23 is my best so far empty tank 7.9 full tank.

isnt that very ambitious luke, great if that is the result but i cant figure how...didnt rob only manage 7.95 with cams, zorst, apexi, lightweight flywheel and no interia

you time seems VERY fast thats all

that is what i got. rob didnt have cams, and the apexi didnt seem to make it run better. mine is considerably lighter than robs was and i have 1.6 tb/ecu and fse as extra mods. i wouldnt bother making up my g-tech results. i will get more times and get an average of my best 3 from different roads. some other times i have had on different roads and locations are 7.5 and 7.7. i hope to get to late 6's when my traction is sorted i have been doing these runs on budget tyres and on 13" wheels allround.

just taken mine out, got 0-60 in 11.76 (as expected for a standard ma12!) and a 1/4 mile in 18.68 at 74.3mph

I reckon Ed will win though :p

Yes I recently got a 6.7 on a perfectly flat road, with Claire sitting beside me ;)
That was with quite a bit of spin too. I must stress that it is VITAL that the road you use is totally flat. If its not your results will mean naff all. The best way to try is start from one end and then again the other. If there is significant difference (1 sec or more) the results mean nothing

i agree with the road flatness point. this is why i need to have a run on a lot more different roads that i "see" as being flat and find out what a good average is. from the runs i did last year with rob we found faster 0-60 times were got from having passenger at the front rather than not in there. must be the balancing factor giving weight over the front wheels and on both sides to allow better traction on take off.

Weight is always a bad thing regardless. It never helps just gives an illusion that it does. I can explain why if you really want.

no its alright i know about weight being bad. or i would not be driving daily in a micra with no interior. on the runs we did together in a certain area we found better times from passenger in the seat. i'm sure it was down to traction on front wheels being better. so for a 0-60 time it worked out in that case. but in most cases being featherweight is always the advantage.

i just fitted an Omex launch control to the ST its quite cool. You have to get used to it (you have to press button) but first time g tech test was 7.3 lol

wondering if its the type where you press button , put right foot all the way to floor, press button and the computer does the rest from the standing launch very quickly.

Its a basic one it gives you a lower RPM limit, so yes you floor it basically holding the button engine then reaches its preset rpm, then you bring up clutch and youll get a little wheelspin not half as much and no bouncing of the red line, then just as that has caught up and your going you let go of button and you get full power.

Just a thought, how accurate are the 0-60 figures?

do the figures link with the speedo?
Why I ask because if it is then the figures would not be accurate.
I have a road angel and it shows how fast I am moving - true speed by gps, gets update every second. I have tested the speed on our cars and results are
Civic 60mph true speed 58mph
S2000 60mph true speed 57mph
Micra 60mph true speed 55mph

The g-tech is not connected to the speedo, it uses a little thingie inside it which gets moved about as the car moves so uses that over time to calculate all it can...

Yeah, the only way to do it accurately is with a G-TECH or something similar. It uses a MEMS (really tiny) accelerometer to do it's stuff. Like you say, speedos are way out (about 10% in my experience), humans are crap at timing, and you need a passenger to time it, so you get parallax error reading the speedo as well...

GPS doesn't work quickly enough to get accurate times either.

GPS using doppler effect and also with a MEMS do it really really well though. accurate to within meters and .mph.

However check this out.. I decided to have another go this evening on my own this time. 3 runs.. two 0-60 and one 1/4 mile...

Results were..

1st 6.6 sec 0-60
2nd 6.4 sec 0-60
and:
1/4 mile 14.45

I'm going to goto Red line shoot out, will be interesting to see if these hold up, however I always suffer with massive heat soak in the intercooler at SP which I can avoid on the road.. But even so cant wait to see!!

Ed

Just too add those were without launch control. I find i'm better without it. But more consistant with it - if that makes sense.

two weekend in a row.. I may do. Ill see how busy I am and how much £ i have.

i was wondering how good my results were! lol!

went out bout 2 weeks ago, did it in the wet (great idea)

0-60 - 7.6 secs
Qtr - 15.1 Secs

Not too bad, but duno how accurate these things are?

RE: RE: the battle is on. Gtec times!

Ian said:
thats VERY fast lou... what car and what mods?

1.3lx k11, janspeed manifold, de-cat, centre section and backbox, new tb, slightly custom induction kit, lots of cold air, and thats it really! on 15's

Dave S who is about on here sometimes who had at least 100bhp only ever got into the 9's with 15's. I question anything much less!

i have to agree with ed here, there are a lot of very very abitious times in this thread. in my old car altho i never timed it witha g-tec or similar i did some dodgey readings and i only ever managed 9.5 0-60 and that was with 100 odd bhp, and my car was swift. 7's from a 1.3 non forced is and incredible time i feel.

my 2p

Lou said:
0-60 - 7.6 secs
Qtr - 15.1 Secs

Somehow i think that thats a bit to adventurous.

My mate has a Civic Type R, and he struggles to get 0-60 between late 5's early 6's, and your saying a 1.3 Micra can do it in 7.6?? o_O

Pork Pies?

Titch

i'm not sure if i will post more times on here if they dont get believed. i have at the momment better power to weight than a elise. the traction on the elise will be better and this as standard does 0-60 in 6 seconds. so i think about a 7.5 in my micra is about expected with its not so good traction.

RE: RE: the battle is on. Gtec times!

Lou said:
i was wondering how good my results were! lol!

went out bout 2 weeks ago, did it in the wet (great idea)

0-60 - 7.6 secs
Qtr - 15.1 Secs

Not too bad, but duno how accurate these things are?

Again way out IMO,

I had done pretty much the same mods on my super s and only managed a 17.2 at Pod, 0-60 something in the 9's... and i believe Dave's quickest is something like 16.7 and he had his super s rr'd at 109bhp as i recall...

I think whatever it is you used to calculate these times needs to be returned to the shop as it is obviously broken:glance:

i dont believe in the results from lou. there is no way to get a 7.6 in the wet. its not possible from a standstill and on a flatish road. no point really in doing 0-60 times in the wet, which is why i havent done any recently as weather has been so bad here. its better now so will try for some more times to get a better average. but i will be expecting mid 7's.

I managed a 0-60 in 9.4 with Ed's G-tec with a standard weight car, which is nothing to be sniffed at since a standard SuperS was quoted as 11.2 for the MK1's.

Calculating my average acceleration from my last 1/4mile slip, which was just over 16.8secs it came out to be 9.31sec. So accuracy is quite good.........7.6 0-60 and a 1/4 of 15.1 is unfortunately way out. I would expect to hit 60 in the mid 8's with most of the interior missing........quicker with lightened drivetrain and lower ratios to suit. Then again I do have more rotational mass than some, GTI-R brakes do add a fair amount of extra mass, but I wouldn't go back to stock brakes for anything ;)

as i said, g-tec meter readngs gave me that! i am intending to run it down the 0-60 at the nationals, so i can give you guys prob a lot more accurate time then!

yeah averages are good. but ignore the worst times as they may contain the g-tech errors form "drift". i would bet if you did another run in the wet with the gtech it wouldnt come up as 7.6.

A good way to do it would be do say, 5 runs and then only avergage the middle 3 values

yep. i unfortunately dont have a good place to do runs near my town. i will have to go for an afternoons drive to find a good place to do a number of runs all at once to get some good feedback.

i jus been out again after tweaking and stuff and got
8.9 0-60
16.98 sqm

with full interior, and a boot of bottles of oil and other random crud including a cat and my toolbox lol, oh yea and an empty tank :p

hoping for 16.5`s next and ill be happy

Beachboy said:
yep. i unfortunately dont have a good place to do runs near my town.
This is 4 miles from my house:
19-mmmruns.JPG

Perfect for runs, not even a classified road any more, since they built a dual carriageway next to it to replace it! :D

I had a go yesterday, got 12.48 0-60 for a completely standard 1.0 K11 :)

X696Y208S25W700H410.gif

i used to be able to drive around the perimeter circuit of this airfield many years ago, when my dad knew the owners. but sadly ownership is different and dont know them any more. oh if i had the money and could buy an airfield to myself....

errrrr no, lol....

hehehe

Lou, my almera only does mid-low 15's and im running 145-150 bhp!

I cant see u knocking over 2secs off anyones 0-60 times with those mods.

Back