snakes :)

Hey!

Im just about to get my first snake and im just wondering if anyone knows where I can get a good quality but reasonbly priced corn snake Vivarium from. Also, does anyone have any useful tips about caring for a snake? :grinning:

Thanks

Keep them well fed and well handled and you shouldnt have any probs :D ...you'll also quickly learn their mood, so you'll know when and when not to pester them lol.

Not to concern you but expect to get bitten at least once ;) (again this comes down to the mood, you'll know what its thinking eventually)

I bought the bits ive got seperatly...though i had alot of stuff left over that i could use when my lizards died...been a good few years since i bought the big stuff so wont comment on what or where to get. :)

livefoodsbypost.com sell some cheap flat pack ones that are not bad but the best this to do is look out on ebay and preloved.com for cheap second hand ones as for the snake as above also maintain a temp of between 86-90 degrees F and let cool to approx 75f over night or room temp but no lower than 65F and keep the little fella quite humid a good spray once a day should suffice. feed them once a week the same day each week ensure food is slightly warm to ensure they take it clean water bowl daily remove poop and skin when appears and full talk clean with new substrate every one to two months dependent on how bad it smells. and corn snakes will smell due to high temps

When i was younger we had two Royal pythons.
would only ever eat live mice which was messy :eek:
Never got biten although my dad did... oh how we laughed, lol
MidchewPetsRoyal%.jpg (not ours)

when a snake sheds its skin its against the law to not chase people with it scaring them

It's the same when my tarantulas moult, it's a man thing that you have to chase people with the skin :laugh:.

Back