• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Simonh's blog

Black and red FTW!

yes robert indeed....plans now are just to make it look good again after the ped hit me...gona try and get it cleaned up to perfection before the meet on the 1st of march. then will get almera gti alloys fitted. and get some sort of backbox on there. either janspeed or get powerflow to make it.

so yeh the meet has been and gone and it was only my bumper and exhaust that were not fixed for the meet :( im looking for a rear bumepr at the moment so will sort that out soon as possible. also looking for the reflector for the back along with some prefacelift rear lights. then im getting a black bonnet from the scrappy. then if funds let me i will put the gti alloys on. they are sitting in my garage begging to be used.

i had a little fun on paint to see what my bonnet could look like :)
blackbonnet.jpg

Looks alright with a black bonnet, have a bit more fun with paint and see what it would look like with either the chrome nostals in red or the black plastic part in red.

Actually I've done it for you, lol.

Attachments

• Simonh Chrome Rims.JPG
    Simonh Chrome Rims.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 260
  • Simonh Mesh.JPG
    Simonh Mesh.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 258
finally sorted my alloys. 4 new tyres all on just waiting for some alloy nuts off ebay should be on in a few days :) heres some pics of new tyres and cleaned

DSC_0473.jpg

DSC_0474.jpg

they are kerbed in places :( second hand :( sometime in the future though im going to spray them black should sort it out :)

Nice :)

looking very good,

those wheels look great like that dont spray them black,

only thing i'd add IMO is i'd get some springs though...

Looking very smart Simon, if you paint the wheels make them white! :)

White alloys, some phat cat flap mudguards, fully colour coded, black bonnet and mesh the bumper grill unless you get some factory fogs in there. (Y) and springs lol.

Sorry couldnt help myself.

Looking nice mate, Alloys were a bargain!

Just needs to be lowered imo...like mine needs to be lowered :( lol

keep it up (Y)

lowering is next probs :) and modded about the bump strips the paint seems to be a different colour underneath. like when i took the 1.3 badges off the paint is different underneath. im not sure if it just the laquer. what can i do to sort it because i really want it de-bumpstripped.

Keep the bumpstrips, to get underneath done properly may well cost a bit..

And they tie in the black corners on the bumpers better!

ermm there sort of still forsale, got micra oli coming round wednesday to have a look at them..so if he doesnt buy them i will let you know.

nice one (Y)
i was thinking about getting one but they reduce power if u take in warm air...so i dont know lol

the air behind the battery seems fine to me to be honest. plus with a cold air feed you would be sorted. it would only take in warm air if you stuck it directly on the tb.

custom made cat back system is where its at...phil at unique exhaust stafford is the man ;) hes awsome at making exhausts. iam hoping to travel down at one stage and get him to make me on up...seen loads of his work, higley reccomended :)

custom made cat back system is where its at...phil at unique exhaust stafford is the man ;) hes awsome at making exhausts. iam hoping to travel down at one stage and get him to make me on up...seen loads of his work, higley reccomended :)

cant go wrong with custom made, as its custom you can get them to do it exactly how you want it from the size of the tip to the loudness of the exhaust (to an extent)

cant go wrong with custom made, as its custom you can get them to do it exactly how you want it from the size of the tip to the loudness of the exhaust (to an extent)

exactly ;) buy a universal back box for £40 and get them to fit that onto the erest of the system :) thats what iam gonna do i think.

Back