• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Simonh's blog

Simonh

Midlands Rep
got my member ship through so i thought i would put some pictures of my micra up ...any comments would be appreciated.

Attachments

• micra.JPG
    micra.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 284
  • ALIM0177.JPG
    ALIM0177.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 307
  • micra 3.JPG
    micra 3.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 299
  • micra 2.JPG
    micra 2.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 358
not sure for plans atm...looking for front splitter and looking for some heat resistant paint to do the front lights...then some smoked indicators and black alloys maybe

i painted my lights with normal black paint out of a tin
sanded it down then simply just applied it with a brush
cars lookin smart hope to see some mods soon

did u paint the front and rear badge ?

yeh i did just to make it match the grill..i also painted the micra badge...and ive put a chrome 16v badge on

no chrome please! It won't match all the black! And get a prefacelift boot handle then it is de-badged straight away ;)

prefacelift boot handle? will it fit? like straight on?

update for mods...get paid in 2 weeks ...have spoken to powerflow and they are making me a custom backbox so will get that up soon when i get paid and car goes in. then shortly after will get k&n induction kit. then shortly after that i will go to motorworld and get some alloys that i have been looking at for the past few weeks...so 2 weeks left then some more mods :)...pics to follow

yer check out roberts blog he fitted a prefacelift boot handle with no trouble. sounds like some good plans there (Y)

So bought some bits from micramike and just got the spoiuler back from the spray shop looks tidy :) heres a pic of the goods
ALIM0229.jpg

nasty parking damage from previous owner...woman lol mite get it filled and sprayed

look what come today...didnt know i ordered wine though :p

ALIM0241.jpg

ALIM0242.jpg

Nice so far, just a suggestion, I fould the Flitrap performed better when the speaker was pointed to the back of the car rather than sideways.

Lowering is easy enough and probably cheaper to buy the tools and do it yourself

hmm gd point im gona start a thread about this cuz im sick of the arguing ive caused with my friend about it

got bored so modded my grills

DSC_0380.jpg
DSC_0381.jpg

Oooooooooooo, looks very nice, I wanted to do that to mine but wasn't sure what it would look like, but that looks ace so my next job is on the list.

IDEA: buy a pack of 4 Red LED's from Halfrauds part number PN490R, place two in each white grill nostral. Prefereable in the corner so they're facing each other so when they're on all the white should light up red.

For example on this numberplate (I'm using a Red Cold Cathode tube but it would be the same effect)

Attachments

• P7180002.JPG
    P7180002.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 280
Basically, he wants to put red (High intensity?) LED's in each corner of each grill, so that when he turns them on, the grills goes from white to reed.

Basically, he wants to put red (High intensity?) LED's in each corner of each grill, so that when he turns them on, the grills goes from white to reed.

Yes. I'll mod the picture with arrows so you can see.

Right then, if you drill a 6mm hole as close as you can to the white mesh and put in a red LED where the green arrows are this LED will then Light up the entire grill red when you turn them on.

Attachments

• White Grills.jpg
    White Grills.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 303
sorry dont like them in white, to go with the contrast i would go black...

as you was saying about the head lights (painting black) you can use normal paint, ive used both hammerite spary and VHT black. and they both have been fine. plus the glass on your headlights have lines in them, so even if you mess up painting them you wont be able to tell once the glass is back on!

Or paint the Headlights Red, What I haven't seen done is painting the silver cover that goes over the H4 bulb, Paint that red and you might get a evil eye, might have to use high temp paint though...

white grills look good but id paint the badge white aswell or maybe try painting the chrome bit of the lights white

no ive put the badge back on and now fitted k and n panel filter. i wasnt expecting a change in engine sound but it did change slightly and i can feel a difference in the throttle response

right new bootlid just bought for £100 i no its expensive but its a t reg inspiration same as mine and its the only one i could find. would of cost me £50 for a blue one from scrappy...so double the cost...but less hassle

leaving the alloys normal colour for the moment...and might do them black...i did most stuff white...then went against it...so going black and red now

Back