Show Some Respect...

i do like the GTI-R's but woah spome of you need to get your facts right... whats wrong with the gear boxes? they like diamonds, they dnt break, well rarely... they go on and on.. they have a good structure and there change is just so sweet... now i love cars but not many will make me cream... but the gti-R thats like a totally different league.. theyre robust, and they are easy to get ahold of when you kno the right places... been researching. but in comparison to otejhr cars of the same torgue, and potential theyre cheap... i admit i se dthey was expensive but if i was to have one itd need to be something out of the ordinary...
they can push out a load of brake too,, if u kno what your doing, and the cams work well too...
they have a good shell but yeha they rust but what car doesnt?
i would have a pulsar any day but i have my target set on an evo first...

yes some may have noticed i came back..didnt realise that through the idiots on here theres some really nice decent people... i found them too and yeah they have nicer micras than me...
mines coming along now... slowly.... gotta go to bank today and get the money for me grandad to buy some parts for my lover

I went through a phase of wanting a GTi-R, but I'm now firmly set on an S14a 200SX Touring.............

Just saving the pennies now!

my mates have the 200sx's and they are lovely... i went out with one of them for a while and i loved the car...
they gotta be one of the nicest cars to hear the wastegate chatters on, and the dumpvalve together...

Pink Princess said:
you need to get your facts right... whats wrong with the gear boxes? they like diamonds, they dnt break

SR_micra boy said

SR_micra_boy said:
yes, and gearboxes depending on the extent of the tuning.

there can be problems with the gear box depending on the extent of the tuning, so if you have a pulsar and add another 100bhp you gear box will most likly be fine, but if your going to make your pulsar 500bhp then your more likely to have problems as the gear box wasnt made for this kind of power

The original gearbox's simply dont like big power, and along with the clutch, tend to be one of the first things to fail when the car is heavily tuned.

Standard, they'll be completely fine!!!

The GTIR box is FAR from perfect!! Also the quaife and PAR gear sets also have major issues (In my experience). I have mapped several GTIRs now one on Motec and the rest on E-manage. Two of the ones on Emanage made the most powerfull GTIRs on seperate RR days. Its fair to say I know them fairly well! Quite simply they are far from perfect to the extent that I would much rather get an early evo. They are better in every way - gearbox - chassis - suspension - engine - tunability etc etc etc..

Ed

Back