Reverse lights

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
I have a problem with my reverse lights, as I slip it into reverse the lights flash on and then go out again. Where should I start?
Would the gearbox oil affect this as my gearshifts have been kinda stiff recently.

Its the reverse light switch, a very common problem in a K10. Probably not really worth doing anything about, you have to remove the switch and replace it. .

Ed

I had this happen to me! I changed the switch and problem solved!

But next day they werent working at all! Both bulbs had blown.

Werent a good week for me:down:

Ok thanks, it doesn't really matter as I want to make some new clusters anyway, I was just waiting for the right reason. New clusters without reverse lights are my next project.

a bit like the pao then. Image005.jpg
one of the mods I was going to try was like this. white march.jpg

A bit Skylineish, but I went off the idea.

Yeah in place of the original clusters, I might just go for square ones though as round doesn't suit the K10

The only good thing about reverse lights is people know you are reversing, I may get a loud beepy unit in it.

you just have to be patient. Most people will understand the car's moving backwards even if the light isn't on, failing that, use the horn!

You could also wire the reverse lights up to a manual switch

The thing with a manual switch is I'd leave it on, lol. I might just replace the switch. Any idea of the cost? what does the job involve?

The thing with a manual switch is I'd leave it on, lol. I might just replace the switch. Any idea of the cost? what does the job involve?

Just a normal on off switch. There's two wires in the engine bay that go to the gearbox (4 on the super s iirc). Tap into these, probably positive and earth and job's a goodun.

I might get a gear stick with a big switch on top, then as I shift into reverse I could flip the switch and turn it on.

Back