Removing The Headlights - Help!

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Not at all dim,
but the bolts on the headlights are all crumbling and spinning with the actual bolt from behind. Now if i were to hacksaw the little fella's off would i be able to find replacement bolts from somewhere?

what are the names of these bolts? square type flat head? :glare:

When mines done that i cable tied them afterwards by drilling a small hole in one of the headlight mounts.

Not sure of the name but im sure they are the same bolts found on a boot handle

When mines done that i cable tied them afterwards by drilling a small hole in one of the headlight mounts.

Not sure of the name but im sure they are the same bolts found on a boot handle
ok, well i know there is a hole for the bolt obviously but will the headlight back plastic be able to cope with cable ties? don't want one of them falling off because of the solid suspension!

i usually pull the headlamp up or down, or left or right (forget which :wasntme:) as i,m spinning those nuts shaun, and the bolt will slide itself out of the slot without breaking the h/lamp, then i remove them when the h/lamp is out

Should have got a facelift, better design
In what way? just the headlight mounts?
because every facelift i have seen looks the exact same shell wise. never really paid attention to the little bits like light brackets.
And i would still prefer the pre-faclift look. :)

You were salty were you seb? Haha

Shaun the threads are built into the headlight on the facelifts
Out of plastic? so no rust which is good. but what about the bolts? i suppose rust wouldn't really hit the facelift as much as the older ones :)

mines been replaced with a small bolt hot glued in place

the moulded nut that bolts the wings lower front to the headlight rounded off when the bolt seized so i had to heatup the bolt n burn the nut off the casing then nut & bolt it together instead

mines been replaced with a small bolt hot glued in place

the moulded nut that bolts the wings lower front to the headlight rounded off when the bolt seized so i had to heatup the bolt n burn the nut off the casing then nut & bolt it together instead
Sounds like a good idea! thankyou for that however with the nits being so close to everything else the only thing i can think of is an angle grinder but don't think that would be a good idea with everything connected around it!
and there is no room! also no electric near my garage!! :(

naaaa just cut the bit in the wing it sits it,then slide it out
on replacing bend the hole back to normal that it sits in, in the wing front corner

naaaa just cut the bit in the wing it sits it,then slide it out
on replacing bend the hole back to normal that it sits in, in the wing front corner
its the 2 bolts behind that are rusted not the wing one :(
want to do this as effeciently as humanly possible.

plenty suggestions below
i'd go with the heating them individually , you got one of those small gas torch solderers? or burrow one

Back