• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

PROject PROfect

So the progress made since the app failed...
Bought brand new tow eye cover from nissan didnt raid the back either as it was only a tenner + vat
All painted AP0
And fitted no more huge hole...
Then I tidyed up the lowering kit I bought from @karlj
Few course sheets of sand paper and some paint looks almost brand new :)
Will fit asap.

Attachments

• 1381787792892.jpg
    1381787792892.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 327
2 things are troubling me...
My cars idle Is slightly high at times tempermental would be want of a better word, even when the engine is hot its only about 1200rpm but I dont know why unless its from jae and my missing wax stat?
And I have had a wobble for a while through the wheel and possibly the whole car... the problem is I cant work out what it is wheels are balanced no major play in bushes but im all out of ideas.
Help anyone?

your idle should be about 700 really tom, and the waxstat only effects the coldstart idle :)
It was before all of the issues I had at jae its just at times it idles fine and others its high id describe it as a lag almost if its sat at 750-800 as it always has and I blip the throttle it will jump up and idle at 1250-1500 and then slowly settle back to 750-800
Any idea what could be the problem from that frank? Sorry its not much to go on.

the idle probably needs setting properly mate, and incorrect ignition timing can cause surging too.
polly has posted a few idle setting guides up

the idle probably needs setting properly mate, and incorrect ignition timing can cause surging too.
polly has posted a few idle setting guides up
Hmm rotating the dizzy to adjust that right?
Ill get clodo to give me a hand with that on our day off haha sit in the car and tell me what the revs are doing...
Ill have a look mate thanks.

yes, turning the dizzy will alter the idle slightly, and causes it to hunt up and down if its miles out.
a vacuum leak can also cause what you described (slow to settle when blipping the throttle)

yes, turning the dizzy will alter the idle slightly, and causes it to hunt up and down if its miles out.
a vacuum leak can also cause what you described (slow to settle when blipping the throttle)
See I really like the way she goes with regard to the timing now its nippyer that its ever been. Kind of hope for a vacuum leak :D
Will look later on today first bed after long nightshift.

are they matiz rear lowering springs on the front tom ?
Indeed they are frank and standard cut springs and corsa shocks on the rear... not gone for a drive yet figured that late breakfast and lunch was more important lol will let you know how they ride if you want?

Now wont let me quote so @james
It loads them so it looks like it will post them but then just posts one and the rest dissappear :confused:

matiz rear lowering springs?! i thought you can only do the standard rear springs? but that looks epic, definitely the perfect low i want!
Its matiz rear lowering springs on standard micra front shocks and cut standard rear springs and corsa shocks mate just to confirm it.

You never lost your micra love...... You were just having your male monthly!

Looks absolutely amazing. Completely finnishes her off :)
Do I dare to even say I prefer your micra? ..... No I'd never admit that ;)

Serious not though... I LOVE it!

Xxxx

matiz rear lowering springs?! i thought you can only do the standard rear springs? but that looks epic, definitely the perfect low i want!
Noticed you wanted to see 35mm from the side mate heres mine before my extra lows...
Apologies for filthy millie lol

Attachments

• 1382139011342.jpg
    1382139011342.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 284
Back