Nissan suing Nissan!!!

seen it a while ago. i thought people allready knew about it so didnt post it up

i know the guy should stand his ground but nissan was there first, even if they were marketed under the datsun name, if you look under the bulkhead on datsuns there still is nissan motor corp on the plaquard

taken from ratdat.com

In 1960 Nissan Motor Company in USA was formed to market and distribute cars there and then in 1961 Nissan Mexicana, S.A. de C.V. was created to manufacture Datsuns in Mexico. In 1964 the Canadian Nissan distributor was set up and in 1966 the same in Australia. Later a similar production facility to Mexico was established in Peru.

this guys first dates of using any kind of nissan in a fairly large company was 1980, dont know how far it goes back but he is playing with fire with such a big company

its like me making a business called microsoft coat hanger maker company back in 1982

id say to them you can buy nissan.com off of me and i will change my name for £200,000,00 or such like

yea watch out Ed there' a fusion reactor thats planning to sue you for name stealing lol,

people only sue other people because they are greedy or want to hurt someone.

the idea was people would shape up and provide better safty and services out of fear of being sued but now it's got way out of hand. you can sue anyone about anything!!

All nissans in the early 80's were known as datsuns doesnt MATTER what the company name was its the TRADING NAME. Big companies who do this I have NO respect for - they should know better, frequently in USA the method is sue the small guy even if they are right as the fees will bankrupt them = problem solved even if the court case isnt.

Thats just plain selfish basically, do they think because they are NIssan if anyone has the name they must not use if commercially?

But they can throw $$$ at it so they'll find someone who can find some las wrote many years ago to help

TBH the small guy should lose in this case, the trademark Nissan was registered before he registered his companies name, so he could probably recover all costs off the board that allowed him protection to his.
The sum of $10m is astronomical and stupid, American damages cases are completely nonesence, how can they justify $10m of damage from not having that domain name?
Answer, they can't.

some people have way too much time on their hands! and surely if he was "nissan computers" he wasnt breaking any copywrite law? theres a butchers chain in the north east called "dicksons" and there was a big fuss when that opened because of "dixons".
maybe i should sue robbie williams. he called his estate "dunnington"

Back