New Member :o)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, im from leeds and just recently bought the girlfriend a K11, just wondered if anyone had any idea on the following.

banging from rear, same thing happened on my punto and that was trailing arms, could this be the same?

tinny rattle from under the car, sound like a metal cover hitting something.. only does it low revs / idle

other than them 2 it seems pretty sound.. i managed to get is for £200 with 6 months mot left and about the same tax.

cheers.

welcome to the club mate,

what car is it? is it a k11?

if so then the banging will probably be the drop links i had the same problem on mine,

the rattle will be the heat sheild for the cat, common problem on micras, you have to drop the exhaust and just rip that bad boy off as you don't need it

should be a nice little runner, they are good cars :D

welcome tinny rattle is prob the heat shield which can be just pulled/taken off! you got any pics?

how much were the drop links to get sorted?

ill have a look at ripping the heatshield off tomorrow, im meant to be off work with broken ribs.. no rest for the wicked eh ;)

how much were the drop links to get sorted?

ill have a look at ripping the heatshield off tomorrow, im meant to be off work with broken ribs.. no rest for the wicked eh ;)

i just grabbed one from a scrappy. it was £2 :D get under the back of the car there are some gold things hanging down one on each side, they are just infront of the rear wheel and are about 3" long with a ball joint at both ends, they should be solid, if there is any free play in them then that is the problem.

the heatshield should be easy, undo the second cat, drop the cat down with it still attached to the mid section and use a 10mm i think it is to undo the bolts on the heat shield.

cheers m8, ill get the missis dragged round some scrapyards tomorrow and get them sorted. :)

ill get some pics too tomorrow, i need a new drivers door handle aswell, mine snapped.

these are the drop links arnt they?

ed_2.JPG

cheers m8, ill get the missis dragged round some scrapyards tomorrow and get them sorted. :)

ill get some pics too tomorrow, i need a new drivers door handle aswell, mine snapped.

12mm spanner for the drop links, you will need two spanners. check to make sure the ones you are getting arn't knackered too because its a common problem. driver's door handle is 2 10mm nuts, again very common problem, if one has gone on your car it is likely the other will go soon so get both if you can

Hello and Welcome to the Club, as you can see you'll get any form of micra answer quick on here.

The Rattle could be coming from the heatshield where the manifold is as mine was rusted there last year and got that sorted.

Where abouts in Leeds are you based?

im based just near leeds/bradford airport.

just wondered, im thinking of giving it a service tomorrow, anythings that i need to look out for other than filters and oil..

its got 143K on the clock so its probably in need of some TLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back