New headlights (bought from buy&sell section)

Maccy

Young K11-er!
Some of you may have bought the xenon/halogen lights on the buy and sell forum.

Mine came, fit them and worked fine. However, first time driving home through lanes tonight since installing them, and when I go full beam they're just not bright at all - barely makes any difference.

I connected everything back up as it was when I installed, is there something obvious I've missed?

i noticed that when i got mine. there no different to look at but i noticed a difference while driving. BTW there not actully Xenon they say xenon type thyre halogen with higher wattage and blue type tint,

you get what you pay for. and i did tell you this when they came up.

a xenon bulb is an HID kit not one of these, unless you use a halfords Super Brilliance bulb which are actualy xenon. these bulbs are known as "ultra blue" in halfords range and are not for road use,

there is no change with high beam at all... and even if you change for hid, high beam will not change, its not allowed to. your lights will have an hid bulb for the Dipped beam. not main beam.

please everyone, have a read of google before buying anything like this. if it seams too cheap to be true, they usualy are!

My super white ones appear brighter because they are whiter light but are still the same wattage. If you want more brightness on highbeam then get some spotlamps.

the 'xenon' referes to the gas inside the bulb, normal h4 bulbs can be xenon, it just sounds good because the hid bulbs use xenon gas.

Back