My new sunstrip

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
Now looks like this, what a waste of money, olly's genius tip of the day: if you want a sunstrip, pay some other fool to do it

Img00048.jpg

I'll buy one if I ever get any money, damn credit crunch. I did find out sommat cool though, the rear view mirror slides off a bracket on the screen

I did find out sommat cool though, the rear view mirror slides off a bracket on the screen

i coulda told you that lol

i have had many sun strips that look like that,

i think its partly to do with the weather, if its a bit cold they are very brittle, also if you wash the window you can slide the stip into place

I'll buy one if I ever get any money, damn credit crunch. I did find out sommat cool though, the rear view mirror slides off a bracket on the screen

it happens mate you learn from your mistakes. have you been trying to stick it inside the windsreen or outside? i use to have a sun strip mine ended up like that, because dvla do regular checks on vehicles they pulled me over and said it has to be no more than two inches. so i peeled it off it would look stupid just two inches grrrrr.

I was trying to get it inside as in my area some dirty ####er would peel it off it was outside. My next attempt will involve tint spray I think

I was trying to get it inside as in my area some dirty ####er would peel it off it was outside. My next attempt will involve tint spray I think

I've done that, it's well annoying but a piece of wee wee when you get the knack of it ;)

I like the idea of using tint spray (Y)
You can get Stencils from an art shop to do the lettering :)

I managed to use some of the offcut to badboy my headlights so all is not lost, although a 3meter strip of vinyl to do 2 headlights is a bit of a joke

I have sun strips on the inside of both front and rear windows, bout 10cm thick, passed mot with em on, all from one roll of sticky back felt, £2.50 from hobbycraft. Worked a treat (Y)

don't use tint spray! it doesn't work i can promise you that.

what you can do is get a window tint company to do a strip for you. that way it looks black from the outside like a sunstrip but on the inside it lets a little bit of light through making it legal ;)

I meant like the light tint spray that you use for the rear clusters, not that 'light smoke' crap that just looks like you have dirty windows, I was gunna use loadsa layers to make it black. If that fails then I'll just get some paint lol

Back