It's finally happened near me...

James

Chairman
Optimax has hit that magic mark, 100.9 :down:

Attachments

• nooooo.jpg
    nooooo.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 204
lol that's nothing, BP ultimate is now 103.9 near me!

Kev

Kev said:
lol that's nothing, BP ultimate is now 103.9 near me!

Kev
Actually now you mention it, when I checked last (when optimax was 95.9), BP Ultimate was 97.9, so its possible Ultimate around here is now 102.9 :confused:

And chie: 96.xx? I wish it was that cheap!!! :eek:

this is getting stupid now over a pound for fuel, come on farmers get protesting again, electric powered k10 micra on the way peeps :laugh:

I would be very surprised if some kind of protest or strike doesn't happen soon. It's ridiculous!

Funnily enough, this morning my mum got an email in her inbox about a protest/picket - there was about 100 email addresses in that one forward alone! Here's hoping anyway...

basicly bristish people get the #### taken out of them by the government, why is out fuel 1quid per per litre when everyone elses is half that, its a joke

its varies from 93.9 to 96.9 for normal unleaded where I am. Still ridiculous but something should be done before they see that people are paying it and they think we are not complaining.

I remember the farmers and haulage people complained when it hit 85p, what's going on!!

in america its nothing like that, however the standard is lower than uk. its about 93 octane in standard fuel. it is getting ridiculous, fuel, booze and fags are ridiculously taxed and icidentally are what people by the most. Coincidence? i suppose its possible but i doubt it very much

apparently the u.s prices have gone up too tho :S
mirricleboy said:
At least u can get petrol, the Hurracane took out 5 oil rigs, so most of the Petrol stations are colsed here, or you have to fight for it and pay a ####ing forutune compared to the usual price. (still ####ing cheep compared to the UK)

also speed cameras bring in billions, surely they could subsidise fuel with the revenue from speed cameras, but they wont
and what realy gets me.......is were does this money go? because it isnt on the health care system as its one of the worst in europe...
its isnt on transport as thats also one of the worst in europe...
it cant be on education...just because theres a stupid amount of schools shutting down...

were does it all go!?

scottish-sr said:
its varies from 93.9 to 96.9 for normal unleaded where I am. Still ridiculous but something should be done before they see that people are paying it and they think we are not complaining.

normal unleaded is still 85. something here in Swindon... which is nice!

As everyone knows the goverment places massive Taxes on fuel. They base the level of tax partly on the prediction of the price of oil, so they have a pretty good idea of how much money they will rake in. As its a % of the price of oil that is taxed if the oil prices rise so the cut of £ the gov gets also increases. With the recent utterly insane prices oil has risen, this in turn means the goverment is getting much much more money than planned. In other countries in Europe other Goverments have cutback on this, in an attempt to help lower oil prices and as they see no need to rake in so much money from their people.. Typically as usuall in the UK I expect Gordon brown is sitting there on his coins well pleased with the hike in price and the extra cash its bringing in.

James said:
Funnily enough, this morning my mum got an email in her inbox about a protest/picket - there was about 100 email addresses in that one forward alone! Here's hoping anyway...

Found the email!!

[font=tahoma,sans-serif]This isnt junk mail please read.... Thanks,[/font]

[font=tahoma,sans-serif]We are hitting 95p a litre in some areas now, soon we will be facedwith paying £1 a litre. This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy petrol on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read it and join in! Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP. If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers.
[/font]

[font=tahoma,sans-serif]It's really simple to do!! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!! I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)... and so > > on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!! Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people.[/font]

That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8days!!! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrison's Jet etc. i.e.boycott BP and Esso.

I'm already doing that, I've been buying my petrol from Morrison's for years :D I wonder who they get it from though...

squigbobble said:
I'm already doing that, I've been buying my petrol from Morrison's for years :D I wonder who they get it from though...

I wondered this earlier too. James said they buy fuel from wholesale so BP etc doesnt make the end profit - but - Tesco etc dont generate there own fuel, so one of the major companies will be making money in the long run

Tesco get their petrol from Esso and Sainsbury's from BP IIRC so that plan won't work, people should start petitioning their MP instead of trying to make people switch co's, how many of you think, I will do that, but then only remember when you have filled up at Esso/BP? Unless of course you do something similar to that Golf Diesel advert :D

I was driving to a client today actually, went past a BP... U/L 96.9, Diesel 99.9, then just down the road was an Esso: U/L: 91.5, Diesel: 95.9. I was quite amazed!

:(

well optimax went up convientlly during that whole optimax top trumps competition, and then went slowly back down...was 96ish p (iirc) when i put some in on wednesday last week.

hopefully will still be there but if you getting prces like that i doubt it. I believe Americas prices after all the damage caused, was somthing like 30 odd pence a litre -- but i could be wrong.

Btw that email wont work, I've heard it all before. Loads of companies just use petrol from the main suppliers, so you often dont know where its actually been sourced from in the first place.

It just means one company will sell more oil than another.

Thats the whole point. You want one to sell more than the other.
Cos then the one selling less drops their prices to compete.
Then they become the top seller.
So then the original top seller drops theirs. So on and so on.

I went to derby the other day and whilst i was out in the sticks, i saw 100.0 for STANDARD petrol, and when i was abit further south i saw 105.1 for BP ultimate.. yoiks

i heard on the radio at werk today that some stations cant hit the pound mark,because most pumps cannot hold enuff digits on the clock,, :S:S

its all a big con look now one like the other way of paying car tax so they are rising to price of fuel to force the other car tax

"Diesel motorists will be complaining about that and perhaps asking the Chancellor about the TAX POSITION."

right if you get a big amount of jerry cans and fill them until the pumps get to 999.999 maybe they will reset to 000.000. i know that you have to sell the item as it is advertised so if you can convince a court of law that the the sign wasnt big enough outside u mite get all that fuel for free. lol. be expensive to find out though.

goverment claim that its because of the event in new orleans where 10% of world fule is produced there and the pricesa should fall again as quick as they went up!...............yeah right!

shell hi £315 MILLION in first 6 month of there like year ( was bout sept 04 till april 05 or sumthin) scandels. its cheap as chip for them by the barrel aswell *REVOLT*! against thatures britain! lol

i've just been thinking.. if fuel prices stay high then people will be forced to buy echonomical cars like micras :)

and diesal cars :(

but when fuel runs out then we have no alternative transport...

Electric cars are powered by a fuel drinking power station,

hydrogen cars run on hydrogen which you get by electrolosis in water so again from the power stations

hybrid cars use the petrol engine to charge a battery so they aren't any cheaper to run in fact they are more expensive becasue they have a big battery and motor to cart around...

solar cars... yea in England lol

so we're f*cked :down:

ooh the good old days...i remember my first tank of petrol, twas in september 2001, seems like only yesterday...

i filled up to the brim... only cost me £18... spent the £2 change on fags... (embassy not graham norton type)

now i have to check my wallet before i set offto the station...

oh well... sigh

Back